Watched TV replay again...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
.. still have no idea how the hell we pulled this win out

- What was Morgan Burnett doing sliding after the pick? He had room for days.

- What was Ha Ha Clinton-Private Parts doing on that 2 pointer? That ball was in the air longer than a punt and he had good coverage. The more I watch that replay I think that was almost more improbable a play than recovering an onside kick. Luke Willson wasn't even AN OPTION ON THE PLAY. He was heady enough to go run a route and Russ threw up the prayer.

- Another LOL Clinton blunder.. he dropped a pick six two drives before the comeback began.

- The blundered onside kick. If Bostick does his job, Jordy gets that ball with ease.

Just.. unbelievable. Unbelievable!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah there were so many mental lapses the Packers had. Burnett sliding was the worst IMO. He could have run that back to at least FG range. Just pathetic effort on his part to assume that the game was over with 5 minutes left. We as fans felt that way, but a player has to give effort all the way through. He is a huge reason why they lost.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If there are any football Gods....they were with the Seahawks in the 4th quarter yesterday. Thank you Football Gods. I believe in miracles....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkFan72":7igllrk3 said:
Yeah there were so many mental lapses the Packers had. Burnett sliding was the worst IMO. He could have run that back to at least FG range. Just pathetic effort on his part to assume that the game was over with 5 minutes left. We as fans felt that way, but a player has to give effort all the way through. He is a huge reason why they lost.

lots of Packers fans bemoaning that decision. but more than Burnetts actions, many are saying it was the teams mentality in the 4th quarter, to just kneel down and hope for the best.

when it finally came time to make plays, we stopped giving them the ball and asked them to get it. and they couldnt it.

to me though.. two times inside the 1 on 4th down and come away with 6 points. Packers lost the game in the last two minutes. they couldve won it in the first 10. not a champions mentality. Burnetts slide in the 4th was just another example.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":dbxtmk97 said:

I don't know, I can't fault Burnett for going down. At that point, the probability of him fumbling during a interception run-back was way higher than the probability of the chain of events that subsequently unfolded. I think the Packer's redzone offense ineptitude was the reason they lost this game. That and the brain fart by Bostick on the onside kick.

MVP53

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":2xj3o3h4 said:
Hasselbeck":2xj3o3h4 said:

I don't know, I can't fault Burnett for going down. At that point, the probability of him fumbling during a interception run-back was way higher than the probability of the chain of events that subsequently unfolded. I think the Packer's redzone offense ineptitude was the reason they lost this game. That and the brain fart by Bostick on the onside kick.

I just watched it again, and I think he had Okung, Unger, Carpenter & maybe Wilson to beat on that pick. At best, he takes to the house & the game's over. Realistically, he could have at least gotten GB close to FG range and taken another 5 seconds off the clock, at which point the game is probably over.

Given how many plays Seattle got off just before the 2 minute warning, I'd say 5 extra seconds would have been pretty big.

Maybe he just didn't want to be that Dallas guy and fumble the ball back, but that really was a stupid decision. Basically the equivalent of trying to kneel out the clock with 5 minutes to play.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MVP53":3qcg4pj4 said:
HunnyBadger":3qcg4pj4 said:
Hasselbeck":3qcg4pj4 said:

I just watched it again, and I think he had Okung, Unger, Carpenter & maybe Wilson to beat on that pick. At best, he takes to the house & the game's over. Realistically, he could have at least gotten GB close to FG range and taken another 5 seconds off the clock, at which point the game is probably over.

Given how many plays Seattle got off just before the 2 minute warning, I'd say 5 extra seconds would have been pretty big.

Maybe he just didn't want to be that Dallas guy and fumble the ball back, but that really was a stupid decision. Basically the equivalent of trying to kneel out the clock with 5 minutes to play.

Agreed completely.

Would love to see the All-22 of it, but it sure looked like he had a lane and nothing but big fat guys in range of making a tackle. I am not saying he would have housed it, but definitely would have gotten the ball deep into Seahawk territory.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":cevmp815 said:

- What was Ha Ha Clinton-Private Parts doing on that 2 pointer? That ball was in the air longer than a punt and he had good coverage. The more I watch that replay I think that was almost more improbable a play than recovering an onside kick. Luke Willson wasn't even AN OPTION ON THE PLAY. He was heady enough to go run a route and Russ threw up the prayer.

- Another LOL Clinton blunder.. he dropped a pick six two drives before the comeback began.

- The blundered onside kick. If Bostick does his job, Jordy gets that ball with ease.

Good post. The number of fluky bounces we got to win that game is unbelievable.

In all fairness, we lost some fluky bounces to fall behind early on too.

Packers really should have won that game. I feel extremely fortunate to get to see my team play another game given how they played for 55 minutes.

Also, how incredible is it that our defense only gave up 22 points given the average starting field position of the Packers, including the number of times their drives started in the red zone? This could easily have been a blowout.

And Sherman playing with one arm in the 4th quarter? Warrior.

MVP53

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29pxddag said:
MVP53":29pxddag said:
HunnyBadger":29pxddag said:
Hasselbeck":29pxddag said:

Agreed completely.

Would love to see the All-22 of it, but it sure looked like he had a lane and nothing but big fat guys in range of making a tackle. I am not saying he would have housed it, but definitely would have gotten the ball deep into Seahawk territory.

Heck, he could have just run around in a circle and the time taken off the clock would have been better than just going down.

mikeak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1o6vqms0 said:

to me though.. two times inside the 1 on 4th down and come away with 6 points. Packers lost the game in the last two minutes. they couldve won it in the first 10. not a champions mentality. Burnetts slide in the 4th was just another example.

PLUS 1000

Bellicheck yesterday. 30 secs left on the clock in second half goes for it on fourt down. Downside of that is you don't have your opponent pinned in the area as they will run out clock.

GB kicks for 3 - TWICE

I could not believe it. I am very grateful for it

randomation

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":2xmzr3cl said:
Hasselbeck":2xmzr3cl said:

He also could have fumbled though at that point we had I think a .5% chance of winning. The biggest mistake was still McCarthy not going for it twice on 4th and 1. They make either of those it becomes Atlanta 2.0 because of the 1 extra point. At worst he give it back to Seattle O that was frankly blowing chunks which gives a possibility of a safety. I'm really glad he didn't but mathematically both were really stupid choices.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
You can "what if" it all day long both ways. What if they had gone for it on 4th downs and not made it after failing 3 times each inside the 5 to score? We don't need over time to win it. What if Jordy muffs the onside kick that Bostick blocks for and Matthews picks up the ball and runs it into the endzone.? What if ADB does not fumble the kickoff? What if Kearse catches one of those INT's?

You get the point. The fact of the matter is the outcome really happened and we got to watch the greatest comeback in playoff history by a team that never quits or loses hope. A miracle if you will.

Rat

Reaction score
jkitsune":3vbmmids said:
This one was confusing for me. Sherman wasn't hiding the injury, why didn't Rodgers test him at least once? Either the Packers have an insane amount of respect for Sherman, or they were too stupid to notice he was hurt.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Someone tell me the odds of a fumble after recovering a fumble?

Burnett should have just taken it as far as he could before getting tackled.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pmedic920":nwegzc31 said:
I think Peppers told Burnett to "get down".
I think the all 22 will reveal that it is more than just Peppers telling him to get down. I am positive they all were under instructions not to even risk a fumble. Which matches all the other conservative nature we saw from the Pack.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Rat":1ewvo38m said:
jkitsune":1ewvo38m said:
This one was confusing for me. Sherman wasn't hiding the injury, why didn't Rodgers test him at least once? Either the Packers have an insane amount of respect for Sherman, or they were too stupid to notice he was hurt.

Probably because Rodgers thought that Sherman's elbow hurt as much as his calf did.

irocdave

Reaction score
It appeared that the packers were not buying in to the severity of Sherman's injury. He got AR once and they weren't going to let that happen again.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I have a book with Zen anecdotes and this is one of them:

"Pat Fischer, the Redskin cornerback, told the reporters after the game that the ball seemed to jump over his hands as he went for it. When we studied the game film that week, it DID look as if teh ball kind of jumpoed over his hands into Gene's. Some of the guys said it was the wind ... [but] our sense of teh pass was so clear and our INTENTION so strong that the ball was bound to get there, come wind, cornerbacks, hell, or high water."

--John Brodie

It is my belief that the Hawks simply had a very strong intention to win. I'm not saying the Packers didn't want to win, but I don't think that team's INTENTION was as strong as Seattle's was.

I think the sheer strength of will in the Seahawks as a TEAM was so overpowering that things just simply happened for the Hawks. The on-side kick, which should have been gathered in by GB ... but the ball bounced as if it was INTENDED for the arms of a Hawk. The poor pass defense on the 2-point conversion. The coin toss.

They talk about teams of destiny. I think the Hawks are a team of Intention. Heck, when Russ says before overtime that we are going to win the toss and that he is going to win the game with a long TD pass to Kearse ... that is Intention. Why would a QB, who has been picked every time he threw to Kearse during the game, predict that Kearse would win the game on that pass?

The Hawks were not lucky. They just wanted this so much that their Intention created circumstances that were favorable to the outcome they desired.

Sorry to go all Neville Goddard on you. Atheists can start mocking me now.