Sando article: Hawks can keep core

swagcity21

Reaction score
Although I've been a member here I have not posted to many times. Not sure if this is right forum or not for this question.

The article Sando wrote is only for the ESPN INsider members. I am curious to see what the hawks have done financially to secure the core of our team? I understand how many of our Defenders we have locked down for the foreseeable future. However with RW and Bwags contract negotiations coming up what do we look like in the next couple years?

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is definitely the right forum. There's been a lot of talk in the past about the salary cap and those two extensions in particular. You may find that right now most people are wanting to talk about the upcoming super bowl, so don't be surprised if it doesn't get too much chatter right now, but rest assured, if it doesn't now, there will be a LOT of discussion on these shortly after the Lombardi has been decided.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You don't really need Sando's article for this, just take a look at the online salary breakdowns at places like Over The Cap. The salary cap will be at least $139m next year but will probably a bit higher in the $142m range. If so, we are in pretty good shape with $23m in space or so. RW and Wags are the two big targets to extend while Maxwell is probably the biggest FA followed by Carpenter and Kevin Williams.

2_0_6

Reaction score
AgentDib":2jgv4jcu said:
You don't really need Sando's article for this, just take a look at the online salary breakdowns at places like Over The Cap. The salary cap will be at least $139m next year but will probably a bit higher in the $142m range. If so, we are in pretty good shape with $23m in space or so. RW and Wags are the two big targets to extend while Maxwell is probably the biggest FA followed by Carpenter and Kevin Williams.

WHEN we win in 2 weeks, I would bet that Kevin Williams hangs them up.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The Seahawks have done a great job of finding role players through the draft and with cheap free agent signings.

There are a few players that are key to their success, Most of them are locked up already. Wilson and Wagner are next and will get done. Marshawn may be gone after this year which is a cause for concern.

But really, as long as Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Wilson and Wagner are there, this team is gonna be a contender. Other players will leave, and they will be replaced as easy as they were found.

OP
OP
swagcity21

swagcity21

Reaction score
I hope with Lynch's performance yesterday and a big performance in the Super Bowl he shows the FO he is worth the investment for another two years. That is if he doesn't hang'em up himself.

If he stays productive long enough we could possibly get another back like him I.E Lacy if the Pack does not extend him past his rookie deal, or even that kids from Ohio State Ezekiel Elliott.

Lynch has paved the way for Seattle to be a running back destination. While I have all the belief in the world in Turbin, I just don't see him with the vision of the cutback lanes that Lynch sees.

netskier

Reaction score
If we win, then I think Kevin Williams tells Pete let's see how I feel this Spring, and take it from there. He came here to have some fun trying to whom a Superbowl, and got that. It would be even more fun to try for another, and Pete appreciates Kevin's leadership, his durability, low price of two M per year, and willingness to be a role player. He's a bargain, and a current starter, and you can never have to many good DL.

His painful or pain free body will decide this.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Marshawn is coming back. This guy is having way too much fun ... This team is just too much fun...
I wish we could limit his carries a little bit to keep him fresh, but ... oh well...
He wanted an extension, he will get one this offseason. We need to pay him. He is the heartbeat of this team. Pete and John need to do the right thing here.
Wilson needs to be realistic and not demand we break the bank for him. I understand he should get paid, because he has been playing "for free". But, Tom Brady money should be cool. Russell just needs to find a girl who is also a millionaire (joke) ...