Belichick says he and Pete are good friends

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
“I think Pete is a great football coach,” Belichick said. “His record speaks for itself. I have a lot of respect for Pete. Pete believes what he believes in. I think that they kind of have their way of doing things, but it works very well. Pete is consistent, he has a consistent message. I think he’s coached pretty much the same type of — same kind of style, similar type of coaching personality and scheme and just the whole thing for many years now. It’s well over 20 years. I’ve coached against him. I’ve known him through competition in the National Football League. In college, when he was at USC you saw more of that and he had tremendous success there.

“Pete is a good friend. I’ve talked with him. I’ve talked with him on many different occasions. I really respect what he does, how he does it. His players play hard, they play well. He has a very resilient team with a lot of energy. I think he has done a tremendous job in Seattle, as he did at [USC]. He’s a really good football coach and they have a really good team. I like Pete, I like him a lot.”

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...ill-belichick-praises-coach-he-took-over-for/

Carroll also said it was a little bit personal to him going against the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Translation: "I'm scared shitless of that team, Pete, please don't hurt Tom Brady! He's my meal ticket!"

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Belicheck eats babies. Of course he's going to say him and Pete are good friends. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. Easier to get away with cheating if they think they can trust you.

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":9kn3tseu said:
He respects pete too much. So, i don't know if he's lying or not.

He really has no reason to hate Seattle or Pete Carroll.

Meanwhile, Pete has every reason to hate the Pats & Bill Belichick. He did take his last NFL job afterall.

LTH

Reaction score
Carroll coached the Pats from what 97-99? as I remember it Belichick took his job after Carroll posted a 8-8 season and was fired shortly after... State the obvious Carroll is a competitor... I would think he would have a little message to Kraft coming in this SB... Im sure he would never admit it but there should be a little added incentive in this one...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
If I'm our Hawks I look at our equipment, the balls, the video feeds, DNA test the officials to make sure they really are who they say they are, make sure the cleats have not been filed down or cut and glued on, that the water and Gatorade isn't spiked with something that alleviates constipation.

Respect, yes he may respect him as far as he can throw Vince Wilfolk.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
After all that sweet talkin' from Belicheck, Pete better be checking his back pocket to make sure he still has his wallet.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
What really surprises me about this is that I didn't know Google Translate has a Belicheck grumble option.

Latest posts