Beast Mode leading the way....

Ranker777

Reaction score
New Here. I am a Texans fan, but love how the Seahawks play, especially Lynch and the defense. This is from PFF.

Marshawn Lynch, RB: +4.7

Breakdown: It was the type of performance that makes you want to start tracking fourth-quarter comebacks as a stat for running backs. Russell Wilson may have won the game in overtime, but Lynch was the sole reason the Seahawks even made it that far. Lynch broke an unbelievable 15 tackles on the day and averaged 4.4 yards after contact per attempt. The amazing part was that he did it all with completely average blocking in front of him (-1.4 team run blocking grade). The run game truly was all Lynch on Sunday.

Signature Play: Lynch’s go-ahead touchdown with 1:33 in the fourth quarter was vintage Beast Mode. Three separate Packers got their hands on the running back, but none so much as slowed him down as he ripped through for the 24-yard score.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... mpionship/

4.4 after contact....WOW!

endzorn

Reaction score
I think Pete needs to find a way to make him happy next season. We are so lucky to have him. Because the Hall of Fame is based so heavily on numbers I don't know if he'll even get consideration, but he is the identity of a team that could potentially win consecutive Super Bowls. Love the dude.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Why is breaking 15 tackles in one game unbelievable for Lynch?

Heck I've seen him break 14 in a single play!

Please extend his contract!

capncrunch

Reaction score
Oh man. What a great game by him. I like that they went back to him a second time for the wheel route that was such a huge play. The dude is a pretty good receiver for a beast running back. I know he stepped out anyway, but it was cool how he got in the endzone on that play. Almost like he said to that guy trying to tackle him. "Really, you're going to bring me down. Get the hell off me."

kearly

Reaction score
Lynch was awesome, but their run block commentary is off the mark, IMO. Seattle was getting good push all game. On Lynch's 24 yard TD run, he basically was never touched.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
endzorn":rcxymme4 said:
I think Pete needs to find a way to make him happy next season. We are so lucky to have him. Because the Hall of Fame is based so heavily on numbers I don't know if he'll even get consideration, but he is the identity of a team that could potentially win consecutive Super Bowls. Love the dude.

Lynch is only 1,305 rushing yards away from the 10,000-Yards Club. He could have that next season. That would be more rushing yards than Earl Campbell.

If Lynch plays for three more seasons, and averages 1,100 yards per season, he will have 12,000 rushing yards for his career. When you include his Super Bowls and 5+ Pro Bowls, that should be enough to make him a First Ballot Hall of Famer.

He has demonstrated an uncanny ability to play through injury and seems to only be getting better with age. I would love to see him get an extension through 2016 or 2017 so that he can end his career as a Seahawk.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
endzorn":dsfbi1l7 said:

If he gets another ring in two weeks, he's a lock. It's not just about numbers, it can also be about notoriety. There is a place in the HoF on the first ballot, for a back who shakes the ground when he runs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":ob2mg7ao said:
Lynch was awesome, but their run block commentary is off the mark, IMO. Seattle was getting good push all game. On Lynch's 24 yard TD run, he basically was never touched.

Yeah I certainly didn't see 3 missed/broken tackles. Matter of fact, I honestly thought the Packers let him score so they could get the ball back with plenty of time. When Lynch first scored, I thought he should've taken a knee at the 1. The OL was getting push, so we still could've gotten into the end zone easily, but I think the Pack still had 2 time outs, so not sure how much time we actually could've burned.

It's scary, but 4.4 yards after contact....and half the time, contact with with mutlitple defenders. Lynch was truly a Beast that game.

As for the OP, welcome to .Net. Stick around, we like good football conversations with intelligent fans of any fan base. I was hopeing we would've drafted Watt....I liked him coming out of Wisconsin. We wouldn't be able to afford to keep him, but good grief, imagine our defense with that dude on the DL !