Phenomenal Catch by Ricardo Lockette

ivotuk

Reaction score
That one where Russell threw it a little too far out in front of him, that was a great catch!. Not sure why they didn't go to him more often because he seemed to have the hot hand.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Yes! I was so pleased with him after he caught the ball for the first down and didn't throw it into anyone's face.

DistantHawk

Reaction score
Was a great catch at a crucial time. I hope we use him against NE - everyone will be looking for Kearse, Baldwin, and Willson; could quietly unnoticed.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Yeah i remember that catch too and I was in awe just because it wasn't the most fair thrown ball but he extended our drive instead of a 3 and out.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I've been surprised we haven't used Lockette more all year. Remember he was used a few times in the first couple games and made plays. Then he stopped getting targets.

He's always seemed to be a good receiver when Russ throws him the ball. Wish he would get more looks.

raisethe3

Reaction score
He has elite speed and I don't see why we can't use him a bit more.

The Outfield

Reaction score
raisethe3":2joj6ro2 said:
He has elite speed and I don't see why we can't use him a bit more.

Seriously elite.

mwteFek.gif

rideaducati

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2plurejr said:
I wonder if it has anything to do with him being overwhelmingly voted "Most likely to get yelled at by a coach" by his teammates (source: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2025408583_seahawkssurvey09xml.html).

I wish they'd use him more, too. He's got explosive speed and good hands. Although they did give him a fly sweep yesterday, didn't they?

Yes they did. The only problem with that is that he isn't quick when changing direction. Hit him on a crossing pattern and let him build up some speed.

jdblack

Reaction score
ivotuk":1vgpmo3g said:
That one where Russell threw it a little too far out in front of him, that was a great catch!. Not sure why they didn't go to him more often because he seemed to have the hot hand.

Russell is too nice, goes for redemption over performance.

mrblitz

Reaction score
lockette should be able to dog browner especially, and the other ne corner too. browner might be on willson though. could be a 3rd corner out there for ne. whatever the matchups, lockette is going to dog the ne dbs. nobody can cover lockette.

themunn

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the fact that we had some many epic plays in crunchtime I'd have put that catch up for most important play, third down catch at a time where we REALLY needed momentum and he pulls that out?

Everybody stood up when their name was called yesterday.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Lockette occasionally does some stupid things but I loved seeing him more involved like on the reverse they ran to him. He has elite speed and he is big and doesn't shy away from a hit. Hopefully he used more now that Richardson is gone and Norwood was apparently a no show!

idahawks

Reaction score
Didn't he get a hand off yesterday and turn a 3 yard loss into a 3 yard gain? I love him he's a clutch player and he's awesome on special teams. Very under rated.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2evk3s2k said:
I wonder if it has anything to do with him being overwhelmingly voted "Most likely to get yelled at by a coach" by his teammates (source: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2025408583_seahawkssurvey09xml.html).

I wish they'd use him more, too. He's got explosive speed and good hands. Although they did give him a fly sweep yesterday, didn't they?

And he would have gotten some serious yards if Moeaki would have held up on his block. However, IIRC he was trying to block Clay Matthews, and that's a tough job for anybody.

Hawks46

Reaction score
mrblitz":2msnxuo8 said:
lockette should be able to dog browner especially, and the other ne corner too. browner might be on willson though. could be a 3rd corner out there for ne. whatever the matchups, lockette is going to dog the ne dbs. nobody can cover lockette.

Revis will shut Lockette down. Lockette doesn't run good enough routes, and isn't explosive enough out of his breaks to give Revis problems. He'll give Browner issues as Browner will over play some things to account for the disparity in speed.

I thought Lockette improved a ton this year. In years past, he didn't run the right routes and dropped a few balls, but he's seemed to improved a lot in both areas. With his size and speed combination, I honestly don't know why he's not featured more for us.