12's called out

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's so much easier to read some stupid crap on Twitter that fits your bias, then it is to look at what really happened.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I am sure a few fans left. I was not there but watched it on TV. Hard to tell on the TV how many but not enough to go WOW. I think ANY NFL team in a similar situation would do the same. MY guess the 12's would have less leaving than the NFL average in that situation.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Anyone who watched the game could see how full the stands were.

Compare Sailor's image above to:

B3f4ZaTCQAA8PyA

Edit: Since the scoreboard isn't legible, this is the 3rd quarter of the Thanksgiving game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":gtvbckhx said:
I am sure a few fans left. I was not there but watched it on TV. Hard to tell on the TV how many but not enough to go WOW. I think ANY NFL team in a similar situation would do the same. MY guess the 12's would have less leaving than the NFL average in that situation.

Exactly. If the roles were reversed, and the Packers trailed 19-7 at home and played like crap.. I'm sure some Packer fans would have left at Lambeau too.

It's just because the Seahawks fan base are an easy target to make fun of because of the perceived growth in bandwagoners.. just like Miami Heat fans

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Bulls. He should look at how many fans remained for a solid 10-20 min after the game was over. I have never seen stands so packed after a game until this one. So a small percentage of attendees left when the chance of success dropped below 5%. The 12s were there in force until well after the Kearse catch.

-bsd

OP
OP
C

chawkjones

Reaction score
I can tell you from my seat in front of the TV it sounded and looked to me as if there was still a full capacity crowd there, could of been my charge of adrenaline running through me but it felt like our house moved on the winning TD.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
There's bandwagon fans ON EVERY team. I get that.

But there's not enough seahawks fans leaving the stadium to tell me we aren't true fans and love our team. Just look at the picture's from the SF game and NFCCC game. Compare the two and give a conclusion. We stayed til the end, even with doubt.

2_0_6

Reaction score
One of my coworkers called me and said that the only people who were in their section that left were Packer fans at the 5 minute mark. Apparently they were blowing kisses and waving as they left.

Eat it.

gulliver

Reaction score
Rosenthal is a [nervous] Pats homer who always says "the Seahawks just aren't the same team on the road" on their "Around the NFL" podcast.

Seahawks are 11-5 on the road the last 2 years with a bunch of 10 AM starts, i.e., they win about 70% of their games in these tough spots. Not sure how someone can keep harping on "not the same team on the road" when you're winning 70% of your road games.

There's really one knowledgeable guy on that podcast (Wesseling); the other 3 are straight up dopes. To Rosenthal's credit, he's just a dopey guy with minimal football knowledge trying to fill time--any shots at the Seahawks are not meant to be inflammatory or hateful.

Smellyman

Reaction score
gulliver":3razkasq said:
Rosenthal is a [nervous] Pats homer who always says "the Seahawks just aren't the same team on the road" on their "Around the NFL" podcast.

Seahawks are 11-5 on the road the last 2 years with a bunch of 10 AM starts, i.e., they win about 70% of their games in these tough spots. Not sure how someone can keep harping on "not the same team on the road" when you're winning 70% of your road games.

There's really one knowledgeable guy on that podcast (Wesseling); the other 3 are straight up dopes. To Rosenthal's credit, he's just a dopey guy with minimal football knowledge trying to fill time--any shots at the Seahawks are not meant to be inflammatory or hateful.

Rosenthal is the boss though, but you're right, he is the least likeable guy on the "around the nfl" podcast. The others I like, but Gregg's opinions are as annoying as his voice.

davidonmi

Reaction score
gulliver":13o85qm8 said:

I really enjoy the podcast, but have to agree, of the 4 Rosenthal is by far the worst.
Wesseling is the best, Sessler is pretty good, Hanzus doesn't know that much but doesn't really try to come off as someone who does. All rosenthal does is throw in some annoying phrases and sounds after someone else makes a point. I remember him saying this offseason that Baldwin isn't worth writing about cause he's a #4 WR on most teams
I have trouble taking anything he writes seriously

ZagHawk

Reaction score
gulliver":3ukk8y6s said:

Outside of the Cowboys and Niners, I think MOST NFL teams are NOT the same team on the road.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Who gives a crap about how teams play on the road.
This is a neutral site. A neutral site that will sound like a definite seattle advantage.......again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jkitsune":3oz7a7d1 said:
Anyone who watched the game could see how full the stands were.

Compare Sailor's image above to:

B3f4ZaTCQAA8PyA

Edit: Since the scoreboard isn't legible, this is the 3rd quarter of the Thanksgiving game.

I was at the game at Candlestick in 2007 where Alex Smith got his shoulder separated by Rocky Bernard and Dilfer came in for relief. Halfway through the 3rd quarter fans were streaming towards the exits. By the beginning of the 4th quarter, it was 3 to 1 Seahawks fans to Niner fans. Kinda nice, the line for the buses was short.

Sounds like about 500 people out of 68k + left. Non issue.