Is what we wore on Sunday good luck or bad luck?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm not typically one for superstitions, due to being unprepared for the rain on Sunday I wore a jacket to the game that was not Seahawk related. Of the 20+ games I've been to, this is the first time I've not worn a Jersey our Seahawk Labeled item. The whole game I couldn't help but think I needed to take my jacket off. I never budged and kept it on only to see the most unlikely comeback in Seahawks history.

Is that jacket bad luck since we played one of our worse games in the Wilson era?

Or

Is that jacket lucky since we pulled off the Rain City Miracle?

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Wenhawk":150md4xt said:
I'm not typically one for superstitions, due to being unprepared for the rain on Sunday I wore a jacket that was not Seahawk related to the game. Of the 20+ games I've been to this is the first time ever not worn a Jersey our Seahawk Labeled item. The whole game I couldn't help but think I needed to take my jacket off. I never budged and kept it on only to see the most unlikely comeback in Seahawks history.

Is that jacket bad luck since we played one of our worse games in the Wilson era?

Or

Is that jacket lucky since we pulled off the Rain City Miracle?

This is an example of magical thinking.

Not rational, but don't worry. I do it too. I don't wear Seahawks gear during games because they lose when I do. When I take the gear off, they seem to play better.,

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Every time we sent my kid to her room during the game...we scored. Running with that for now.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I usually wear my Kam Jersey for every game, but this weekend I wore my Thomas jersey my wife bought me two weeks ago. Once he got hurt, I took it off and put the Kam jersey back on and the comeback started.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well we won so now obviously you must not wash that jacket and you must wear it for the Super Bowl. You should probably not wear it at all till then except for maybe on Blue Friday or when you're home drunk watching game replays or highlights or Rain City Redemption.

SilNWest

Reaction score
We've lost every game that I've worn my ET jersey when I wasn't wearing an undershirt. Luckily it only took 2 losses before I cottoned on, but i don't wear it every game because I don't want to jinx it. I retired my Trufant jersey after the 2008 season. I know it doesn't actually work, but frankly, I watch grown men who make more money in a year than i will in my lifetime play a game. I cheer them on, listen to almost every word they say to a camera, and defend them even when I know i'm wrong. Logic has no place in that. I'll worship the football gods if I want to.

By the way, I wore my ET jersey with an undershirt during this game. You're welcome. :mrgreen:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
SilNWest":zzxe5zdi said:
By the way, I wore my ET jersey with an undershirt during this game. You're welcome. :mrgreen:

Good work. Keep it up. We're counting on you.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
My wife owns a Seahawks shirt.

She changed into it during the NFC Championship last year after the 49ers went up 10-0.

She wore it for the entire Super Bowl.

And yesterday she changed into it with 4 minutes left in the game to try to cheer me up. No lie.

I'm going to make her wear it all day Super Bowl Sunday.