Very hard to watch Seahawks Fans

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
All fan bases have fans that leave early. This isn't a big deal....its just a loss on their end.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I've come to terms with the fact that some people don't have the mettle for those kind of games, and frankly I don't blame them. People cope with adversity different ways.

Personally, I think people who leave the stadium or change the channel early are crazy, especially since we have RUSSELL FREAKING WILSON, but I'm not mad at them. I get it. It's hard.

endzorn

Reaction score
I remember stories about Buffalo fans climbing walls to get back in the stadium in their huge comeback over the Oilers. Stadium looked pretty packed to me.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
"It caught a LOT of fans off guard!" Heh, yeah, just look at all the empty seats there. Tons and tons of empty seats everywhere. It's like a graveyard.

B7wlI LIEAA4hXQ

You leave early, you risk missing the greatest comeback in any division championship game ever played. Not much empathy for any of the ones that did leave.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
IMG 0804 resized

Funny part of this is I have a friend who's a diehard season ticket holder, sent him the pic. He's buddies with the guy in the white hat, he sent it to him. Hilarious!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I ain't hating on them not one bit . Just fell into the odds game .
Should have listened to Han Solo " never tell me the odds"
I'll take that motto to the grave

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I can see it with a post 2005 Holmgren team, or a Mora team. Not with a Pete team. :thfight7:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":29610io5 said:

Funny part of this is I have a friend who's a diehard season ticket holder, sent him the pic. He's buddies with the guy in the white hat, he sent it to him. Hilarious!

It's not hilarious and you're dumb.

dradee

Reaction score
I saw no one leaving........ You guys blow it way out of proportion

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Okay lets not blow things out of proportion given the amount of people who left were probably only 2% of the stadium like others posted.

But lets also not pretend 2% of the stadium is only 50 people, it's still over a thousand people, and yes it's noticeable and embarrassing for the fanbase.

And yes I saw many people get up and leave right after the 4th INT. I'm sure there were a bunch just needing to get some air, use the bathroom, grab more booze. But I'm also sure there was a bunch that just gave up, because I even saw someone arguing with his girlfriend to leave with him (yeah I hope she kicked his ass after they left, since she had hope and he didn't).

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Finally watched the video. I'm probably being petty, but it pisses me off when I saw any of them celebrating. Would have preferred it if they just sat and hung their heads in shame for giving up on the team like that. Don't get me wrong, we ALL had our doubts, but it's one thing to think it, it's another thing entirely to just straight get up out of your seat and walk out of the stadium.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
I was still in the stadium when it all went down. But one of my friends that has seats in a different location left after the last Wilson pick. Talking to him on the way home, he said hearing the stadium erupt while walking back to the car was one of the worst feelings he's ever had. Lucky for him there were a few people that came to our tailgater without tickets that had a tv going back at base camp, he watched the OT touchdown on tv with his $200 plus dollar ticket still hanging around his neck. We didn't give him too much crap as he was obviously heartbroken after missing that ending. Glad I was still in there, I can thank my dad for that. He still tells the story about a Raiders game in the kingdome, i was pretty little and the Hawks were getting pounded and I wanted to go home, he made me stay and Warren moon put on an amazing comeback for the win. It ain't over till it's over. i guarantee my buddy never leaves another game early again as long as he lives, he is a die hard fan and long time season ticket holder just like me and is absolutely beside himself for doing that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":xgja6g8b said:
All fan bases have fans that leave early. This isn't a big deal....its just a loss on their end.

Exactly.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1pcn427w said:
Finally watched the video. I'm probably being petty, but it pisses me off when I saw any of them celebrating. Would have preferred it if they just sat and hung their heads in shame for giving up on the team like that. Don't get me wrong, we ALL had our doubts, but it's one thing to think it, it's another thing entirely to just straight get up out of your seat and walk out of the stadium.

Yes you're being petty.

End of the day they're still a fan. Had the Packers done any number of things correctly in the final 2 minutes, all of this is a non story.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":1i0isnzh said:
tacomahawk":1i0isnzh said:
Wow 12-25 buttholes does not a crisis make, methinks.

Who said there was a crisis there eh?

Sorry, wasn't directed at you. It was directed at all the media today that I have been listening to blowing this totally out of proportion.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hard to give people too much crap for bailing early, like i said on the other thread on the subject, we had like a 1% chance to win with 3 minutes left. While the 'die hard' in you might be thinking you're the better fan for sticking around, you can't really guess what's in other people's heads. Personally I wasn't going to leave but i was ready to bolt as soon as it was a certainty becuase I sure as hell wasn't going to stand around and watch them roll out the trophy platform for another team in our house.

I'm sure that a lot of people who left were probably stuck around obnoxious packer fans and were just sick having to watch them celebrate and didn't want to be there for their final gloating. I didn't have that problem near me, but imagine if you did.

this whole 'fans leaving early' situation is being blown out of proportion and people are being unfairly criticized.