Century link field Capacity

HawaiiD

Reaction score
I remember reading in the past there was plans to increase Century Link field capacity to about 70-72,000? There was
I believe about a 12,000 wait list for season tickets? Also, what is important, is that to host a Super Bowl the host stadium needs to be able to have a capacity of at least 70,000.
Thanks

Cad

Reaction score
HawaiiD":1npfo2n5 said:
I remember reading in the past there was plans to increase Century Link field capacity to about 70-72,000? There was
I believe about a 12,000 wait list for season tickets? Also, what is important, is that to host a Super Bowl the host stadium needs to be able to have a capacity of at least 70,000.
Thanks

The idea is to add some existing capacity in the area around the 12 flag on the South End of the stadium. And, yes, the NFL requires 70,000 for a Super Bowl bid. Now that NYC has hosted, there's the possibility of having a cold weather Super Bowl in Seattle, but it's probably not a likely thing to happen for the foreseeable future. For one, the NFL seems set on rewarding cities that build new stadiums with the game. Santa Clara next year. Minneapolis just got awarded with the latest Super Bowl. I imagine Atlanta will get one, and an LA team if they ever get the stadium situation handled. Between all the new stadiums, the NFL probably also wants to cycle through the tried-and-true Super Bowl venues, too. New Orleans and the Superdome is popular for a lot of reasons. So is Glenadale. Think nice, warm places to be in February.

OP
OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Cad":16h6y8o1 said:
HawaiiD":16h6y8o1 said:
Thanks

The idea is to add some existing capacity in the area around the 12 flag on the South End of the stadium. And, yes, the NFL requires 70,000 for a Super Bowl bid. Now that NYC has hosted, there's the possibility of having a cold weather Super Bowl in Seattle, but it's probably not a likely thing to happen for the foreseeable future. For one, the NFL seems set on rewarding cities that build new stadiums with the game. Santa Clara next year. Minneapolis just got awarded with the latest Super Bowl. I imagine Atlanta will get one, and an LA team if they ever get the stadium situation handled. Between all the new stadiums, the NFL probably also wants to cycle through the tried-and-true Super Bowl venues, too. New Orleans and the Superdome is popular for a lot of reasons. So is Glenadale. Think nice, warm places to be in February.
Hmmm... Nice warm places in February? Hawaii[emoji6]

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Our biggest issue has always been # of hotel rooms with a certain distance of the stadium.

Last time I checked, we were nowhere near the number needed.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
HawaiiD":25rexqx7 said:
Cad":25rexqx7 said:
HawaiiD":25rexqx7 said:
Thanks

Aloha stadium is a joke. Hope you guys get something semi respectable there some day.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Article yesterday said they're adding 1000 by the 2015 season... hopefully that means I get my season tickets next year!

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
TheHawkster":115yhwq9 said:
Our biggest issue has always been # of hotel rooms with a certain distance of the stadium.

Last time I checked, we were nowhere near the number needed.

But Glandale aka "sprawltopia" has? Can't imagine anything being close to anything in glendale

OP
OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
chimpanjesus":15db3tps said:
HawaiiD":15db3tps said:
Cad":15db3tps said:
HawaiiD":15db3tps said:
Thanks

Aloha stadium is a joke. Hope you guys get something semi respectable there some day.
Not gonna happen in the foreseeable future. It is a big rust bucket.
But got a lot of great memories watching University of Hawaii football there from the 70's till norm chow became the head coach

Latest posts