Proof how far this franchise has come

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Back-to-back Super Bowl appearances just sounds surreal. So hard to grasp. So hard to wrap your head around.

Was aimlessly browsing the internet archives today and found this gem.

November 2000. The Seahawks were 4-7 at the time. We were excited about Brock Huard .. some of us were still in Jon Kitna's camp. Ricky Watters vs. Shaun Alexander was a thing.

Just... look at this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20001119214 ... tnews.html

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
That is surreal. And even more amazing is if you compile all of the absolutely amazing plays in Seahawks history, the Pete Carroll era already has the lion's share of them. Maybe a couple in the early years, maybe a couple in the Holmgren era, the rest of them are all Pete's Seahawks. Just off the top of my (slightly tipsy) head, I'd list some of the top plays as:

The Tip
Beastquake
Beastquake II
Kearse's redemption
Kearse's 4th and 7 TD catch
Harvin's Super Bowl return
Smith's Super Bowl pick six
Chancellor's record pick six
Romo's botched snap
Largent's hit

There are obviously a lot more, but those are the ones that come readily to mind. And most of them are from this year or last year, the vast majority from Pete's tenure here. Man, how far we've come!

gargantual

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2iyhyu9i said:
That is surreal. And even more amazing is if you compile all of the absolutely amazing plays in Seahawks history, the Pete Carroll era already has the lion's share of them. Maybe a couple in the early years, maybe a couple in the Holmgren era, the rest of them are all Pete's Seahawks. Just off the top of my (slightly tipsy) head, I'd list some of the top plays as:

The Tip
Beastquake
Beastquake II
Kearse's redemption
Romo's botched snap
Largent's hit

There are obviously a lot more, but those are the ones that come readily to mind. And most of them are from this year or last year, the vast majority from Pete's tenure here. Man, how far we've come!
Great list.

Big Play Babs and the False start game with the Giants are right up there too.

MagHawk

Reaction score
Wow - that was so hard to read! Raiders in 1st in AFCW, celebrating a win over the Jags, Kitna v Huard!

And to think of the heartache that was still in front of us, before finally seeing the redemption we now have!

Thanks for this!

BTW: Great avatar Hasselbeck!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ypd5xo8 said:

The Tip
Beastquake
Beastquake II
Kearse's redemption
Romo's botched snap
Largent's hit

Great points.

Thanks for this post OP. That's back before I joined up, back before I knew that Seahawks.net existed. I envy those of you that have been around for that long and have such a wonderful history with .NET.

So many of us Seahawks fans, especially those of us that were in areas of Alaska where football isn't discussed, let alone find a Seahawk fan. What a great deal it would have been to have found Seahawks.net back then. Still, I consider myself fortunate to have found my favorite team early enough to see Dave Krieg throw a touchdown after escaping Derrick Thomas who set a sack record in that game, fortunate enough to see Dave throw Steve Largent his 100th touchdown and lucky enough to see Steve Largent clean Harden's clock :D

Thanks again, and I recommend to new fans and new members alike to peruse the archives and learn a little bit about the history of .NET.

Derrick Thomas 7 Sacks:

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/12/sport ... sacks.html

Dave Krieg throws Steve Largent 100th touchdown pass:

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 8618631bd0

Harden hit

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... evenge-hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct5Hw

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I've started to see Seahawks gear here in Chicago; I noticed three folks wearing it here on Sunday. I'd gone nearly 20 years without seeing a blue stitch until a random Seattle transplant wore a Largent jersey on a bus here in 2005. Now, it's less surprising.

Things have changed, indeed.

McGruff

Reaction score
"Willie Williams and Kerry Joseph are expected to practice and play on Sunday . . ."

:stirthepot:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39eae2r0 said:
Back-to-back Super Bowl appearances just sounds surreal. So hard to grasp. So hard to wrap your head around.

Was aimlessly browsing the internet archives today and found this gem.

November 2000. The Seahawks were 4-7 at the time. We were excited about Brock Huard .. some of us were still in Jon Kitna's camp. Ricky Watters vs. Shaun Alexander was a thing.

Just... look at this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20001119214 ... tnews.html

+1

Also...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106616