"We want the ball and we're gonna score"

rastahawk

Reaction score
I can remember feeling very dejected after that game. We had an up and coming team, a confident qb (whom I believed in) and we hadn't won a playoff game in almost two decades. Although we were underdogs I felt that this is where we turn the corner. Then on the first play of the game Al Harris runs it back for a pick six. I was in crushed.

Then again in '07 we jumped to a quick 14 point lead only to have erased in a mere minutes. Then basically proceeded to be dominated.

Now fast forward to 2015 and we got the ball and we scored! Talk about redemption. Not gonna lie I thought about Matt Hasselbeck a little on Sunday and was just overjoyed about everything and also the fashion in which we won that game. This team is the grittiest and gutsiest Hawk team I've seen and the moments they've authored into Seahawk lore is unimaginable - Beastmode, LOB, U Mad Bro, RW, Always Compete, Hail Mary, The Tip, The Comeback, etc. All sweet future memories. We've basically inserted ourselves into the public conscience.

Green Bay whether we realized it or not has become a silent rival. We took their coach, they turn around and hand us two playoff losses, we give them the Hail Mary game. Now we bury their superbowl run in our house. The truth is they're going to be around a while and we're gonna be around a while. This could get very interesting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I was talking to my buddy after the game Sunday, and we both agreed that it's a surreal feeling to now have a team that's clutch and has that fierce we're going to win at any cost mentality.

Because we've never had this. Our teams were the one's choking, our team's were the one's that always made the critical mistake like the Hasselbeck game. Our team's were the one's having a QB's head mistaken for a football.

That sadsack loser mentality is gone my friends, so let the good times roll!

Sac

Reaction score
It want the first play of overtime. It was the 'Hawks second possession in overtime that Hass threw the pick.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I remember saying we need some of that bravado . Only to throw that pick

Northhawk

Reaction score
rastahawk":23h5teo8 said:
I can remember feeling very dejected after that game. We had an up and coming team, a confident qb (whom I believed in) and we hadn't won a playoff game in almost two decades. Although we were underdogs I felt that this is where we turn the corner. Then on the first play of the game Al Harris runs it back for a pick six. I was in crushed.

Then again in '07 we jumped to a quick 14 point lead only to have erased in a mere minutes. Then basically proceeded to be dominated.

Now fast forward to 2015 and we got the ball and we scored! Talk about redemption. Not gonna lie I thought about Matt Hasselbeck a little on Sunday and was just overjoyed about everything and also the fashion in which we won that game. This team is the grittiest and gutsiest Hawk team I've seen and the moments they've authored into Seahawk lore is unimaginable - Beastmode, LOB, U Mad Bro, RW, Always Compete, Hail Mary, The Tip, The Comeback, etc. All sweet future memories. We've basically inserted ourselves into the public conscience.

Green Bay whether we realized it or not has become a silent rival. We took their coach, they turn around and hand us two playoff losses, we give them the Hail Mary game. Now we bury their Superbowl run in our house. The truth is they're going to be around a while and we're gonna be around a while. This could get very interesting.

I don't read too much into to it when a team "chokes" and wins in these situations. It's when it happens repeatedly that I start to read something into it. So when the Hawks lost in those clutch play-off games in the 2000's (not including the Super Bowl year), I took from that something was wrong with chemistry and leadership on the team. Sorry Mike and he who shall go unnamed.

And now that we are heading to the Superbowl for a second straight year, I take that something is very right the team's chemistry and leadership. Kudos to Pete and John.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
rastahawk":2enl9z2q said:

Green Bay whether we realized it or not has become a silent rival. We took their coach, they turn around and hand us two playoff losses, we give them the Hail Mary game. Now we bury their superbowl run in our house. The truth is they're going to be around a while and we're gonna be around a while. This could get very interesting.

You also got our quarterback (Hasselback),and you got your GM from Green Bay. You guys are becoming rivals in a way like the 49ers did the last few years. You beat us good once(36-16), and the other two were close. We haven't beat you guys yet. Really, looking at the future the Packers and Seahawks both have young talented teams, and I really don't see that many other teams in the NFC that are(or will be) better than these two teams for several years. Maybe Dallas, but they still have more shortcomings(I think). Our D is getting better, and a lot of the players are young. I think your visit to GB next season should be interesting. First things first though, I want to us to play(and beat) the Niners in week 1. That is the game I want in week 1(I know that has nothing to do with Seattle-GB rivalry), but I want that a lot.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":tuqjcmwg said:
You also got our quarterback (Hasselback),and you got your GM from Green Bay. You guys are becoming rivals in a way like the 49ers did the last few years. You beat us good once(36-16), and the other two were close. We haven't beat you guys yet. Really, looking at the future the Packers and Seahawks both have young talented teams, and I really don't see that many other teams in the NFC that are(or will be) better than these two teams for several years. Maybe Dallas, but they still have more shortcomings(I think). Our D is getting better, and a lot of the players are young. I think your visit to GB next season should be interesting. First things first though, I want to us to play(and beat) the Niners in week 1. That is the game I want in week 1(I know that has nothing to do with Seattle-GB rivalry), but I want that a lot.

The problem with such a SEA vs. GB rivalry, is that I like GB (whereas for instance I've never liked the 9ers). If we end up teeing off on each other for the next few years in the post-season, I'll appreciate the competition and hope for good games. But i won't have the same loathing of my opponent like I did with Kaep teamed with Harbaugh.

A worthy friend is the best gift, and the worthy opponent the second, or something like that...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3eawzhwl said:
rastahawk":3eawzhwl said:

For this to be a true rivalry GB must have some success against this current Seahawks team. I see Patriots as the better rivals/match with their proven success in the playoffs. Seahawks are moving on from all this blue cheese and whine.