Tharold Simon

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wonder if they will let Simon play in the SB. He could be an X-Factor in coverage against the Pats. I don't recall seeing him on any plays last Sunday against GB. Was he listed as inactive?

ManBunts

Reaction score
I think he was listed with an illness at the end of the week and didn't practice, but yeah, not sure about gameday.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1fj5nq9f said:
I saw him in full pads, not sure if he even got a snap.

I'm pretty sure I noticed him on special teams, I think it was on one of the field goals.

Not hard to think we trust Maxwell more at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a matchup thing too. We've seen when both healthy sometimes Simon will come in and Byron will be moved to the slot but maybe we liked how Lane matched up with Cobb. Other than the TD catch Cobb was pretty quiet and we limited him to his second lowest average ypc of the season.

Facing Amendola and Edelman next week I'd have thought we'll stick with the same formula.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Simon is Maxwell's backup, but sometimes he starts outside and Maxwell moves to the slot if the matchups call for it. This week wasn't one of those weeks.