Beast has got to stop...

nolachawks

Reaction score
Grabbing his junk when he scores, I love the way he plays the game but we are very lucky he didn't get a flag on that touchdown run. That would have been devastating to the team and to that 2 point conversion. I don't think its asking too much to say "Beast, can you please not grab your balls when you score because it can hurt the team." Some rules in the NFL are ludicrous but how could you defend that action. I don't really care about the "action" itself but if it causes a 15 yd penalty then I have some issues. I would love to hear the conversation that the Seahawks have with Beast about stopping it and him trying to defend it, I'm sure that would be pretty comical.

P.S. When he scores he doesn't want anyone to come up and really celebrate, its all about the handshake boss...but running in grabbing himself is ok? I guess its like a handshake to himself.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I liked this thread better in the shack but I'll answer it the same.

Usher does it....Michael Jackson did it. A myriad of musicians have done it time and time again and it's called a "move". Lynch does it and it is vulgar. I get it now, thank you for showing us the light

mistaowen

Reaction score
If Marshawn chooses to play one more year with us before retiring, by week 3 I predict the NFL will be fining him whenever he holds the ball with two hands. Breaking tackles will be a 15 yard penalty.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I agree with you, but only, as you say, because of the penalty. I love Marshawn, I think they need to pay him whatever it takes to keep him 1-2 more years, the dude is the heart and soul of this team and takes SO much pressure off of Russell it's not even funny.

I don't care about how he handles the media, and it's up to him to decide if he wants to do that. It clearly is worth the money to him.

I don't care that he held out for all of what, a week?

I don't care if he grabs his crotch when he scores.

I do care if he grabs his crotch when he scores if it's going to get flagged and potentially cost us a victory, especially in the playoffs.

I also don't care what shoes he wears, unless it renders him ineligible to play.

Largent80

Reaction score
We all do it, For him it is simply fun, and the day they throw a flag on that is the day I stop watching.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seriously, he's a bad influence.

Now when I tell my daughter to go to bed, she runs, jumps and grabs her crotch before hitting the mattress. Thanks Marshawn!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The last one was pretty subtle and only caught on the replay. I do think they'll be watching for it in the Super Bowl, so he needs to figure a different way to give his salute.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":e5nb1s69 said:
Seriously, he's a bad influence.

Now when I tell my daughter to go to bed, she runs, jumps and grabs her crotch before hitting the mattress. Thanks Marshawn!

Where's the bad influence part?

Largent80

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":c9n4g4by said:
Largent80":c9n4g4by said:
We all do it, For him it is simply fun, and the day they throw a flag on that is the day I stop watching.

I mean, I don't think any of us would stop watching. I think it would be more reasonable to say "the day they throw a flag on that is the day I get pretty miffed at the league for a while, then go about my business..."

The last time the NFL pissed me off I pissed on their building.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
kidhawk":3fx0x6jm said:

Usher does it....Michael Jackson did it. A myriad of musicians have done it time and time again and it's called a "move". Lynch does it and it is vulgar. I get it now, thank you for showing us the light

You missed the point entirely. As fans we all like it. Yes, tons of people before him have done it. However in Roger's NFL it has the potential for a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. It's about whether or not he could potentially hurt the team, not about not wanting him to celebrate a great play.

OP
OP
nolachawks

nolachawks

Reaction score
kidhawk":1akt700j said:

I feel there is a contradiction when you say you liked this thread better in the shack, the shack is Not for the weak, the meek and NO MINORS. I never said it was vulgar just that it hurt the team but if you feel talking about this is better in an adult forum then maybe there is a little vulgarity to it?

kidhawk

Reaction score
nolachawks":3qdj2okl said:
kidhawk":3qdj2okl said:

I feel there is a contradiction when you say you liked this thread better in the shack, the shack is Not for the weak, the meek and NO MINORS. I never said it was vulgar just that it hurt the team but if you feel talking about this is better in an adult forum then maybe there is a little vulgarity to it?

I think you misunderstood. My point is that there is the EXACT same thread already in the shack right now.

I don't believe the league will penalize it with flags, but they will financially. I doubt it ever hurts the team. They will continue to fine him for it, and the ONLY reason they would do that is because they consider it vulgar...similar to how guys get fined for flipping off the crowd.

Both the league and the fans who find this to be an issue are being ridiculous.

Throwdown

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3bq35faz said:
kidhawk":3bq35faz said:

You missed the point entirely. As fans we all like it. Yes, tons of people before him have done it. However in Roger's NFL it has the potential for a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. It's about whether or not he could potentially hurt the team, not about not wanting him to celebrate a great play.

Until it happens, I hope he keeps it up honestly, its hilarious to me.

Largent80

Reaction score
Really if you watch him on almost every play he runs, when he gets up he is adjusting the cup. Obviously it isn't just that when he scores but who cares?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1cprqcpp said:
peachesenregalia":1cprqcpp said:
Largent80":1cprqcpp said:

I mean, I don't think any of us would stop watching. I think it would be more reasonable to say "the day they throw a flag on that is the day I get pretty miffed at the league for a while, then go about my business..."

The last time the NFL pissed me off I pissed on their building.

This would have to be worth a 'number two', Shirley?

Right in the elevator.

jkitsune

Reaction score
kidhawk":29dp6ekg said:
nolachawks":29dp6ekg said:
kidhawk":29dp6ekg said:

I think you misunderstood. My point is that there is the EXACT same thread already in the shack right now.

I don't believe the league will penalize it with flags, but they will financially. I doubt it ever hurts the team. They will continue to fine him for it, and the ONLY reason they would do that is because they consider it vulgar...similar to how guys get fined for flipping off the crowd.

Both the league and the fans who find this to be an issue are being ridiculous.

This is the only part I care about. I don't care that he does it, except if it draws a flag. I would not be at all surprised if it does one day, particularly since the league seems to have a particular bent against Marshawn (which he has played into, to be fair).