A heartfelt letter from Steeler Nation

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
Greetings from www.steelernation.com

Allow me to provide a bit of back story here...

We despise the Patriots. Worse than the Ravens (and that's really saying something). Before the last two Super Bowls that they appeared in I went to the Giants message board and extended their fan base our unilateral support. While I fully realize that it has zero bearing on the game, it felt karmic. It REALLY felt karmic after the Giants went and upset the Patriots in both games. Having said that, here I am...wishing the Seahawks all the best in their endeavors next Sunday. There isn't a score possible in which you could beat this team bad enough. 43-8 would be terrific. We at Steeler Nation hope that your defense pounds Brady to the point that he is literally in tears. Shove that deflated ball up his butt and send him packing.

I will provide a link to this thread over on our site, and hopefully some more of our members can drop in and extend their feelings on this game. While our fan bases really haven't ever been "friends" (especially after Super Bowl XL)....I feel certain we can all join together to hate a common enemy.

For the love of God, PLEASE spare us all of the media slobbering that will inevitably come should New England win. We are all eternally grateful to the Giants for stopping the undefeated season. Imagine hearing about THAT for the rest of your life.

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Chawks1

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":2f84b1pi said:
Greetings from http://www.steelernation.com

We despise the Patriots. Worse than the Ravens (and that's really saying something). Before the last two Super Bowls that they appeared in I went to the Giants message board and extended their fan base our unilateral support. While I fully realize that it has zero bearing on the game, it felt karmic. It REALLY felt karmic after the Giants went and upset the Patriots in both games. Having said that, here I am...wishing the Seahawks all the best in their endeavors next Sunday. There isn't a score possible in which you could beat this team bad enough. 43-8 would be terrific. We at Steeler Nation hope that your defense pounds Brady to the point that he is literally in tears. Shove that deflated ball up his butt and send him packing.

I will provide a link to this thread over on our site, and hopefully some more of our members can drop in and extend their feelings on this game. While our fan bases really haven't ever been "friends" (especially after Super Bowl XL)....I feel certain we can all join together to hate a common enemy.

For the love of God, PLEASE spare us all of the media slobbering that will inevitably come should New England win. We are all eternally grateful to the Giants for stopping the undefeated season. Imagine hearing about THAT for the rest of your life.

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

If you Karma helped the Giants win then I will accept it wholeheartedly. Any positive mojo is good mojo. We will do our best to deflate their balls.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Southern Steeler":10bpddsh said:
Great start! Classy=0, rude=1

Glad to see you aren't still bitter

First off, welcome to the board. Second, you wonder why some Seahawks fans are still bitter over the 2005 Super Bowl in the same thread that you started by stating that you hate the Patriots even more than your most hated division rival. What did the Patriots do to you that caused you to despise them so much? Did they rob you of a Super Bowl win or something?

thebanjodude

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":9joz3c4f said:
Admit that XL was a massive screw job by the refs and that they had a massive effect on the outcome of that game, then apologize on behalf of the Stealer fanbase for them being dicks about the game afterwards, or get out.

This

Basis4day

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":mcj2qwwy said:

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Bill Leavy? Is that you?

OP
OP
S

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":v7401jnp said:
Admit that XL was a massive screw job by the refs and that they had a massive effect on the outcome of that game, then apologize on behalf of the Stealer fanbase for them being dicks about the game afterwards, or get out.

I guess y'all are still bitter.

I have no control over other people. So I can't (and won't) apologize for anyone. As far as the refs, that's always a matter of perspective, I suppose.

KK84

Reaction score
On a completely unrelated note, did you guys know that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?!!

thebanjodude

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ir9xv1h said:
Southern Steeler":2ir9xv1h said:
peachesenregalia":2ir9xv1h said:

I guess y'all are still bitter.

I have no control over other people. So I can't (and won't) apologize for anyone. As far as the refs, that's always a matter of perspective, I suppose.

Get out.

2FazevvcDdyrf1E7C

Pats fan1

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":2wijytnx said:

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Are you kidding me? lol The national media including Boston media are calling for BIG punishment for Belichick and the Pats' organization. The media is calling for Belichick's firing. Michael WIlbon on ESPN said if the Pats get caught they shouldn't play in the Super Bowl. Jerry Rice on twitter called them cheaters.

Whether the Pats win or lose the Super Bowl it's a lose/lose situation for them.

There is no conspiracy, the NFL does not like the Patriots. Roger Goodell is a Jets fan and he worked for the Jets organization. The NFL and media want nothing more than to get Belichick out of the NFL for good.

Win or lose it wouldn't surprise me if after the Super Bowl Belichick announces his retirement.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well, welcome to .net.

As you can see, many of us are still bitter, so much so that we will take any chance to voice said bitterness.
I'll step out on a limb and say that after the 9ers, the Steelers are our most hated team. I fact you may find quite a few that hate the Steelers worse than the 9ers.
Hopefully, even if you won't admit it, you understand why that hatred exists.
I invite you to stay active here, this is a good place to talk football.
Your team will most likely never be accepted here but if you are willing to fade the initial heat, I'd wager a guess that you will be.
Personally I'll take all the positive vibes we can get, so thanks for them.
Remember for now, it's your team we don't like, not you.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm over XL, and probably never would have hated the Steelers if not for some classless Steelers homers talking smack before and even after that disgraceful screw job of a game. It also bugged me that the Steelers were the favorite to win, despite being a #6 seed and Seattle being a #1. That whole SB was engineered to be as infuriating as possible. And it was our first one after waiting for nearly 30 years!

Okay I guess I'm not over it, but I don't really hate the Steelers all that much anymore. I loved hearing Patriots fans thank Seattle for destroying the Broncos last year. So I'm enjoying this good will as well.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm not bitter about SuperBowl 40, my twin brother's favorite team is the Steelers. So it wasn't the worse possible thing to happen.

I've always despised the Patriots and hope to heaven we can take them down in a week and a half. Brady and Belichick are a bunch of cry-babies.