AFootball Life: Bill Walsh On now NFL Network

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
With all the references Pete made to him this week during his Press Conference, may be worth a watch.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Just Heard Bill Walsh reference the game winning play during the 1981 NFC Championship as "The Road to Camelot" and the start of a Dynasty.

[youtube]ciI3E9l6wfI[/youtube]

Is this play the start of a Dynasty??

[youtube]UgiO08daCV0[/youtube]

if it wasn't this play, and we are indeed on the brink of a dynasty, what play was the start?

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Maybe it wasn't even in a Championship, perhaps this play?
[youtube]7lxH3Ul0zKQ[/youtube]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2k8mwmuo said:
Just Heard Bill Walsh reference the game winning play during the 1981 NFC Championship as "The Road to Camelot" and the start of a Dynasty.

if it wasn't this play, and we are indeed on the brink of a dynasty, what play was the start?

The Seahawks have said that the loss to Atlanta in the 2012 Playoffs is what started their run. They said they never wanted to feel that way again. They knew they deserved to be there and had a chance to win that game, they just had to work hard, believe, and make it happen.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
The Seahawks have said that the loss to Atlanta in the 2012 Playoffs is what started their run. They said they never wanted to feel that way again. They knew they deserved to be there and had a chance to win that game, they just had to work hard, believe, and make it happen.

Yep I know some have them have said that, what do you think though?

Jayburd14

Reaction score
What I learned from that show is that Bill Walsh was a candidate for the Seahawks head coach position until Paul Brown black balled him. Now I hate the Bengals.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2net10qk said:
12thManHawkFan":2net10qk said:

I was going to say I thought the Atlanta game was what started it all. To be so close and have it ripped from you in the waning seconds. Especially for Russell, he took it personally

sc85sis

Reaction score
Their personalities are obviously different, but I can see some clear parallels between Bill and Pete. Both were/are extremely meticulous in ways people don't realize--Walsh being called a genius and Pete just a rah rah guy and neither getting full credit for all the hard work they put in. Both had to go to college and coach before finally getting a real shot to show what they could do when given the opportunity to do it their own way. It took both 2-3 years of turning over every rock to get the team they really wanted.

The most glaring difference is the mental makeup. Pete is so positive and Bill drove himself nuts.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Jayburd14":2hy9wjpb said:
What I learned from that show is that Bill Walsh was a candidate for the Seahawks head coach position until Paul Brown black balled him. Now I hate the Bengals.

Yes, Walsh was the other finalist, but Jack Patera got the nod because he had prior head coaching experience. Walsh had never been a head coach on any level, and he also demanded full control of personnel decisions. Would have been an enormous risk to give him that much power over a start-up franchise, but talk about the biggest "what if" in the history of this franchise!

Just think of what could have been...