Goodell: Worst spin Doctor ever!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I just read that Kearse was fined for throwing the game winning ball into the stands in the NFCCG. I cant remember the first or last time I ever heard of that happening. This, combined with fines for Lynch and Matthews sum up(for me) an excercise in misdirection on the part of the NFL. Rather than doing anything (at all) to a team that blatantly cheated in the AFCCG, they chose to levy fine after fine against their opponent in the Superbowl. I KNOW it sounds like tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. But I just get the feeling we are being jobbed out of another Superbowl win before they even set foot on the field. I suspect Marshawn will be preyed upon heavily in the upcoming "press week" and fined ridiculously no matter his response. Could be wrong but I think the man (?) Running (ruining?) the NFL has a hidden, agenda and needs be removed, sooner rather than later.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":9324ffbx said:
I just read that Kearse was fined for throwing the game winning ball into the stands in the NFCCG. I cant remember the first or last time I ever heard of that happening.

Immediately when he did it, the first thought in my mind was, "that's goona come out of his pay check lol, but worth it, I guess". Plenty of guys have done it, plenty of guys have been fined for it.

Just a quick google search for examples comes up:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... to-stands/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-stands/

Edit: Haha I remembered a Seahawk did it before, forgot who, but looked it up and it was Marshawn.

LynchThrowsBallInCrowdVikings.gif

And yes, he got fined for it also.

http://fansided.com/2013/11/17/marshawn ... s-arm-gif/

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Such crap. But I don't think the refs will job us in the Super Bowl, all eyes are on this game and if there are any shenanigans in the final game of a season that started with Ray Rice, that's a risk the NFL wouldn't want to take.

evergreen

Reaction score
We don't need to cheat. We're better than the Patriots. Let the NFL pick on us. I love it.

taco40

Reaction score
The fines are no surprise to the players. Those fines are announced at the beginning of the season.
Here's the early season list from SI.

[urltargetblank]http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/20/nfl-fines-field-violations-2014-season[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
Evil_Shenanigans

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I guess my point was less about the fines and more about the leagues half assed attempt at deflection!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1yj8xzix said:
I guess my point was less about the fines and more about the leagues half assed attempt at deflection!

Deflection? This fine would have been levied at this time regardless.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
or "deflected" off my knee to the kid in front of me- man, I wish I had seen it coming to me!!!

Goodell is a clown that makes 48 million bucks a year, can you believe that amount???

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
If there was a hidden agenda or strings being pulled on this game, i would actually bet they would go in favor of a seahawks win. With all the deflategate stuff it would actually probably be alot better for the nfl if the non cheating team were to be the winners.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I don't give a crap about "deflategate" and don't think it matters one whit. That said, Goodell is a joke unless you think it's OK to be the lynchpin in a group of men that are profiting hugely from the efforts of men who now are crippled, brain damaged etc., and all attempts are endlessly made to screw them out of money, medical care etc.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Players are fined for throwing balls into the stands because the NFL doesn't want fights to break out over the souvenirs.

Especially one that won the NFCC game.

I think it is dumb that the players are fined, but I understand why it is not allowed.

zhawk

Reaction score
I understand that an overhand throw is not allowed, but an underhand toss or handoff is ok. But they need to pay for the ball.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Clay Matthews was fined how much for that hit on Russell. Funny how a leadi g hit is not the same penalty as wearing gold shoes.

rideaducati

Reaction score
It is okay to throw the ball into the stands if the ball is underhanded...They only fine players for throwing the ball overhanded because a lot of people don't pay attention and a football hitting them might injure.

Osprey

Reaction score
This fine has been around for decades. Couldn't find anything with the google machine, but if memory serves a bad fall by a fan was one of the catalysts for instituting the ban.