Guess there isn't any reason to watch the Super Bowl

Lynch'sLamborghini

Reaction score
The article suggests that Belichick needed #DeflateGate to get his team motivated to play in a Super Bowl.

That's...not a good thing, if true.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Soooooo.....we just heard the "shot fired around the world of Professional Football" and we are supposed to toss in the towel now? Do you really believe that Russ and Company are going to run with their tails between their legs?

Alexander

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":2jzenrbt said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nition-to-get-his-team-ready-to-beat-seattle/

Guess the Patriots are just going to slaughter us and we stand no chance.

:sarcasm_off:

I don't for a second believe that this whole thing will somehow allow the Patriots to play better than they otherwise would, but I do think Belichick's press conference today, in which he vigorously defended the team and organization, was a smart move, if only because it will allow him and the team to move on from something that looks like it was becoming a genuine distraction. Whatever creeping doubt the players (or even Belichick himself) might have had are probably gone, even if the alternative explanations are bogus.

sutz

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1psivbhq said:
Soooooo.....we just heard the "shot fired around the world of Professional Football" and we are supposed to toss in the towel now? Do you really believe that Russ and Company are going to run with their tails between their legs?
I can hear it all now....

Random Staffer: Hey Russ! Did you hear about the Patriots using deflated balls?

Russ: Huh? Whatever. You have that breakdown on Brady's tendencies on 3rd and 4 over the last 3 seasons yet?

RS: Well, I'm working on it....

Russ: OK, but I need that. We're all on the same team here. We're counting on you. Make sure you include the temperature, weather, and time of day.

RS: I'll have it in an hour.

Russ: That's the ticket! Go Hawks!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1eqz18eh said:

Russ: Huh? Whatever. You have that breakdown on Brady's tendencies on 3rd and 4 over the last 3 seasons yet?

Russ: OK, but I need that. We're all on the same team here. We're counting on you. Make sure you include the temperature, weather, and time of day.

Is it wrong that I can totally see this happening?

kearly

Reaction score
Those Pat homer comments are painful to read. Homers will convince themselves of anything.

They think they have won because an explanation was finally offered, after a week of preparation. One that is riddled with holes, I might add. Sad, really.

Chawks1

Reaction score
sutz":32dfg21o said:
Bigpumpkin":32dfg21o said:

So Russ is breaking down temdencies of Brady? He is thorough. But I hope Russ is breaking down their D instead. :-O

rideaducati

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1vhl9uyk said:
sutz":1vhl9uyk said:

Is it wrong that I can totally see this happening?

It's just wrong that you think Russell would be watching film of the Patriot offense.