Plan B in Glendale?

andyh64000

Reaction score
My wife and I are definitely going to Phoenix for the Super Bowl but I am not going to pay $4500 each for a top deck corner seat. Is there a good place to watch the game in the area in case ticket prices don't come down?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I know of a group going to Skeptical Chemist....it is a 12s bar.

HawkerBacker

Reaction score
WestGate district right next to the stadium. Then you can look for tickets up til almost kickoff and still catch the game right there next to the stadium, sure it will be packed too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There are about a half dozen to dozen bars there. I think at McFaddens it is $1000 for a table to sit and watch the game. Not sure if there is a cover charge to get in to the other locations too. Just to be aware tho.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":9bhkz7w2 said:
There are about a half dozen to dozen bars there. I think at McFaddens it is $1000 for a table to sit and watch the game. Not sure if there is a cover charge to get in to the other locations too. Just to be aware tho.

$1000 for a table?!? For reals? :shock: I would hope that it comes with a 'happy ending', at least! :mrgreen:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1m4i36ha said:
Seahawkfan80":1m4i36ha said:

$1000 for a table?!? For reals? :shock: I would hope that it comes with a 'happy ending', at least! :mrgreen:

Yup...I dont think you can guarantee a happy ending. Wasted grain has the same situation downtown Scottsdale in the Old Town area. Special couches booths etc. 950 to 1000 or more and part of it is for foods. I am not sure if the tables at McFaddens were with food or food and drink were extra with a minimum purchase of 150 or so. I dont know. :shock:

OP
OP
andyh64000

andyh64000

Reaction score
So if I take a shot at cash at the stadium for some last minute seats the nearby bars have predatory pricing?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Just that one that I KNOW of. There are about half a dozen or more in that little strip mall.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
andyh64000":1d22mo4q said:
So if I take a shot at cash at the stadium for some last minute seats the nearby bars have predatory pricing?

I'd be leary as there is little to know way to verify actual tickets in person paying cash.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Dom, I would consider the Skeptical Chemist unless you want to do some micro brews. There are a few of them around. I went to the one near my motel the first night in with the 2 I went to the game with. Paulos or some such in a strip mall on Scottsdale road and Mcdowall. I seem to think there are a few bars in the local areas. and their Local Trolley is easy access to most areas. Remember you are in Mariposa County..Sherriff Joe Arpaio territory.

I think as far as tickets, you could probably bring the person with you that has the tickets until you get to the ticket check station and then if the ticket fails....well, that is up to you....

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
I am working in Minnesota super bowl weekend , thanks for all viking nation which is accepting me into there city and are all hoping for the hawks of what we did to the packers (I did not chose to work in Minni next weekend it was scheduled as long time ago ) for all you 12s who are going to phoenix enjoy going to the game or not I was in New York last year it was a blast something I will never forget

Go Hawks

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":1i995app said:
andyh64000":1i995app said:

I'd be leary as there is little to know way to verify actual tickets in person paying cash.
And with security, unless he walks with you to enter, 30 minutes to enter and could be long Gone. I'd hang out at the stub hub pick up centre or tic exchange etc.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I would like to watch at Westgate to take in the atmosphere but I'm concerned about being shut out on a place to watch the game if every place starts charging the crazy prices just for tables. I'm all for opening my wallet if I can't get into the game but $900 a table is a little much. We will be at McFaddens on Saturday so hopefully we can get it figured out then since there is very little information on line about Super Bowl sunday on Westgates web site. If we don't make it to the stadium we will try the Skeptical Chemyst (I know it will be packed) but I'm ok with a Buffalo Wild Wings, I just want to be with other Hawk fans after making the trip down.