if you could have....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
...one player from last years roster who is no longer on the team and a player who is on ir on the current roster who would you want back?

last year: Golden Tate-would solidify the wr position.

from ir- Brandon Mebane- front four really misses him.

yes I considered Percy...say what you want he is much better at kr than adb.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Last year - Tate, most definitely

IR - Jordan Hill. Love Mebane, but Kevin Williams has been fine. The DL really misses Hill's pressure up the middle more than anything.

Mick063

Reaction score
The area where Seattle is clearly not as good defensively as they were last year is their inability to consistently apply pressure to the quarterback.

I would want Clemmons, even if only in a rotational role.

I liken pass rushers to pitchers on a pitch count. They only have X amount of EFFECTIVE pass rushes per game. They get gassed in the fourth quarter. In general for all NFL teams, a solid pass rushing rotation mitigates the frequent late game heroics of many quarterbacks, due in large part, to gassed pass rushers.

Against Green Bay, the offensive turnovers in the first half chewed through the pass rushing "pitch count" rapidly. When Rogers stormed back to tie the game he was never really under duress. The offensive turnovers indirectly destroyed an otherwise huge advantage of Rogers being less mobile due to fatigue of the defensive line.

When you look at the big picture, the biggest games in post season are typically against elite quarterbacks. The most proven countermeasure is quarterback pressure. Move him off his spot. Make him less accurate. Force more interceptions.

The reason why Seattle has fewer takeaways this season is not on the secondary. It is because the defensive line is forcing fewer rushed throws. The biggest danger to Seattle, a team heavily reliant on defense, is big disparity in time of possession (ie. San Diego, Kansas City). It gasses the pass rush and effectively diminishes the effectiveness of the defense, especially in late game scenarios.

Give me Clemmons for the Super Bowl and I would sleep much easier.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
1. Golden Tate
2. Zach Miller
3. Brandon Mebane
4. Clinton McDonald
5. Brandon Browner
6. Chris Clemons
7. Walter Thurmond
8. Red Bryant
9. Jordan Hill
10. Michael Bowie

LolaRox

Reaction score
Previous year - Tate - the return game definitely needs him.

Current year - Mebane or Hill. I'll go with Hil, he was starting to find his groove before he was injured.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Sidney Rice. And it's not just because I have his #18 Jersey. The guy was an awesome receiver.

Brandon Mebane. the defensive line has become porous with him gone, causing Seattle to make adjustments to shore up the wall that he was.