Keep it simple stupid

Jacknut16

Reaction score
My key to the game:

If you see Wilson have his way with running the ball early, either by getting to the outside or by scrambling I think the Hawks win. Im fairly confident in this.

For me this is the biggest key to the game. I think the Hawks D and the Patriots offense will both have their moments, the big unknown is the Hawks offense vs the Pats D. The best indicator of that will be if Wilson can get to the edge in the first half, OR if Seattle keeps it close enough into the second half that the read option can then be unleashed.

If we see Wilson have a tough time in the pocket and not able to get separation from the Pats LBs and Dline , then the Pats have a good chance at winning this game.

I know its probably pretty obvious to many diehard fans, but I think we will know the Hawks chances early in this game.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
RW didn't run the ball until the second half last game. I think that was a big reason why they struggled.

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
falcongoggles":rdsjkuvd said:
RW didn't run the ball until the second half last game. I think that was a big reason why they struggled.

Yes, I wasnt a big fan of the tough throws with DB drapped on our WRs on a wet day. Ball comes in too hot, or off the WRs hands and we all saw what happened.
It REALLY bugged me that they didnt move Wilson around a bit more in the first half, bootleg a couple times, show the defense a different look.

If Wilson gets on the move and then they start having to play with a spy on the edges, Lynch will take them aprt up the middle.

Im hoping that we let Wilson get on the move early and often. Im not sure the Pats LBs can hang with him in the open field and it needs to be exploited with Revis locking down one of our WRs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Typically Wilson doesn't do designed runs until the 2nd half. You'll rarely see the RO keeper in the first half.

I don't know if he's "saving" it or they want to see how their more normal offensive sets go or what, but that's the trend.

I honestly think it's simpler than this even: if we can get the run game established with Lynch (I don't care if it's inside or outside the Tackles) and we can keep ahead of the chains, we'll win the game. We'll keep their offense off the field, keep our defense rested, wear down their DL (and slow down the pass rush) and set up the PA pass and some chunk plays.

Aside from all the obvious stuff like wining the turnover battle, I think establishing the run is the key to the game and the most important thing for us. Our WRs aren't going to carry us against that secondary, and they won't win many initial matchups, so Russ is going to have to improvise when he does pass. It's the run game, or a long night.

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Hawks46":mecx4tnw said:
Typically Wilson doesn't do designed runs until the 2nd half. You'll rarely see the RO keeper in the first half.

I don't know if he's "saving" it or they want to see how their more normal offensive sets go or what, but that's the trend.

I honestly think it's simpler than this even: if we can get the run game established with Lynch (I don't care if it's inside or outside the Tackles) and we can keep ahead of the chains, we'll win the game. We'll keep their offense off the field, keep our defense rested, wear down their DL (and slow down the pass rush) and set up the PA pass and some chunk plays.

Aside from all the obvious stuff like wining the turnover battle, I think establishing the run is the key to the game and the most important thing for us. Our WRs aren't going to carry us against that secondary, and they won't win many initial matchups, so Russ is going to have to improvise when he does pass. It's the run game, or a long night.

Wilson ran early vs the Broncos a couple times, and when I saw that the LBs couldnt handle him I knew it was big trouble for Den.

I think you will see him being moved around early and often.

dukestar

Reaction score
Hawks46":zhx6oejw said:
So this is why they should run him from the start. Put the NE D on edge and hammer them with Lynch and Wilson. I want to see Wilson run like he did in the Washington game, early and often.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
dukestar":38ssm57w said:
Hawks46":38ssm57w said:
So this is why they should run him from the start. Put the NE D on edge and hammer them with Lynch and Wilson. I want to see Wilson run like he did in the Washington game, early and often.

I think we'll see that. Pete and Bevell have playing close to the vest with the offense and I think it's time for them to fully unleash the read option against the Pats, that likely will be vulnerable to it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The SB last year was one of Bevell's best called games ever. Why? Because they opened up the playbook from the get go. Something I hope happens next Sunday.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sounds like they will really need production. Very discomforting to hear Earl talk about 'coming up with a tackling plan and really have to trust my teammates' because of his shoulder injury. Betcha the Pats will test us on seems and posts.

Latest posts