FAO Patriots fans

Chawks1

Reaction score
This feels like Deja Vu all over again.....I can only hope it is the same result.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2xxxiss2 said:
The Superbowl is upon us, and no doubt, you're feeling very good about your teams chances to win it all for the fourth time in the Brady and Belichick era. You have come to our boards showing the kind of bravado one should expect from a team that has been a contender for over a decade. You have confidence that your experienced team with it's veteran QB and savvy, crafty head coach can come into Glendale and put one over on the upstart young Seahawks. Good. You should feel confident. The Broncos and their fans felt exactly the same way you do this time last year.

As was the case a year ago, most of the pundits are touting a win for the Patriots. They're writing articles about how Russell Wilson isn't that good. How the defense has weaknesses that the Patriots are built to expose. They're going to tell you how Seattle just doesn't have enough offense. You're going to hear them say what a great career Tom Brady has had, and how he will cement his legacy with another Superbowl win. You're going to feel so excited when, on Sunday morning, the vast majority of pundits, analysts and talking heads all pick the Patriots to win the superbowl. You'll feel like the injuried sustained by Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman will give the Patriots a significant edge. You're going to believe that Marshawn Lynch will be a distraction for his team, and that he won't have a great game rushing. You will have no doubt that the Patriots' defense can cover the Seattle receivers adequately, so as to slow down Russell Wilson and the Seahawks' offense.

Right up until the game starts, you're just going to be so sure that the Patriots are going to win. The coin toss will happen. The game will start, and for the next few hours of your life, you're going to watch in horror as the Seahawks stomp the absolute piss out of the Patriots in front of the entire world. The game will end, and you'll be left with nothing to say except for that immortal, unanswerable question first posed to the world by the legendary Jack Burton not one year ago:

How 'bout these ballhawks from the Pacific Northwest?
Bravo sir, bravo.... Your best post ever right there! :th2thumbs:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Good work, sir.

I am I the only one who thinks Tom Brady's chin looks like a sphinctor?

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Largent80":1qf5q8ul said:
Peaches going all Kubrick on us.

And to coach Bill Belichick we say: "Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
And when it is all over, and Bill and Pete shake hands midfield, Bill will say, "What did you do that for?" and Pete will say "For being a bastard with no manners, and not a dook of an idea how to comport yourself public-wise, O my brother."

Thomas144

Reaction score
I had to google "FAO" to make sense of this post. "For Attention Of" - not an acronym I had seen before but according to the web, standard internet terminology. :)

The thing you have to understand about Patriots fans is that after watching our team go 18-0 and then lose in the Superbowl, none of us will feel confident going into any game, ever. Of course I hope the Patriots win, but nothing would surprise me. I expect it will be an interesting game. I guess if the game is boring, that would surprise me.

Boycie

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":srfpdia9 said:
The Superbowl is upon us, and no doubt, you're feeling very good about your teams chances to win it all for the fourth time in the Brady and Belichick era. You have come to our boards showing the kind of bravado one should expect from a team that has been a contender for over a decade. You have confidence that your experienced team with it's veteran QB and savvy, crafty head coach can come into Glendale and put one over on the upstart young Seahawks. Good. You should feel confident. The Broncos and their fans felt exactly the same way you do this time last year.

As was the case a year ago, most of the pundits are touting a win for the Patriots. They're writing articles about how Russell Wilson isn't that good. How the defense has weaknesses that the Patriots are built to expose. They're going to tell you how Seattle just doesn't have enough offense. You're going to hear them say what a great career Tom Brady has had, and how he will cement his legacy with another Superbowl win. You're going to feel so excited when, on Sunday morning, the vast majority of pundits, analysts and talking heads all pick the Patriots to win the superbowl. You'll feel like the injuried sustained by Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman will give the Patriots a significant edge. You're going to believe that Marshawn Lynch will be a distraction for his team, and that he won't have a great game rushing. You will have no doubt that the Patriots' defense can cover the Seattle receivers adequately, so as to slow down Russell Wilson and the Seahawks' offense.

Right up until the game starts, you're just going to be so sure that the Patriots are going to win. The coin toss will happen. The game will start, and for the next few hours of your life, you're going to watch in horror as the Seahawks stomp the absolute piss out of the Patriots in front of the entire world. The game will end, and you'll be left with nothing to say except for that immortal, unanswerable question first posed to the world by the legendary Jack Burton not one year ago:

"peachesenregalia.....what a guy!"

bobdigital

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3c9rgkwq said:

Well it is always unfortunate when some fans troll other boards. I came here not to troll but join in the conversation with your fan base to get their point of view on the game. Speaking of Bravado though; you are certainly not short of it yourself ;)

Let me address your post on some of its points. You bring up a game that happened a year ago against a team that was not this team and a Seahawks team that had different personnel in a lot of spots. To me it means nothing. Congrads on your win last year but sadly those points do not carry over to this year.

You are obviously confident in your team and have a right to be so. You are the champs for good reason and the talent is clearly there for a repeat. I would say though if you confuse this years Pats with last years Broncos you will be mistaken.

This Pats team has a very good D. That Broncos team was fairly average overall. This Pats team is mentally tough and will not back down from a fight. That Broncos team was mentally weak and was soft. That Broncos team came out flat and appear scared and overwhelmed by your team that was ready. This Pats will be prepared and come out ready for a rock fight at the first snap.

I do not overlook your team. I know how good they are. They are legit championship caliber no doubt. I ask you to also consider the possibility the Pats are too. That Denver team you played last year was not.

bobdigital

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":10ebbqmy said:
bobdigital":10ebbqmy said:
I do not overlook your team. I know how good they are. They are legit championship caliber no doubt. I ask you to also consider the possibility the Pats are too.

No. The Patriots have no chance at winning this game. 0%. You guys all think you have a good shot at winning this game, but I know that you don't. No shot. None.

LOL okay. So how much you betting on the game then? May as well lay down your life savings on the Hawks right? : )

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3bz35gj9 said:
bobdigital":3bz35gj9 said:
I do not overlook your team. I know how good they are. They are legit championship caliber no doubt. I ask you to also consider the possibility the Pats are too.

No. The Patriots have no chance at winning this game. 0%. You guys all think you have a good shot at winning this game, but I know that you don't. No shot. None.

I like the Hawks too peaches, but there's plenty of room to beat the Hawks if certain things happen.

1. We don't know how healthy Earl and Sherm are. Hopefully they're good to go, but there's a possibility that they re-injure themselves and either have to leave the game or have to play like they did the last quarter of the GB game. Brady's and Belichick aren't stupid like McCarthy was, if they're hurt I can guarantee you they're going for the throat.

2. Our interior D is soft. Both Newton and Rodgers had FAR too much pocket in which to work with, and neither are a healthy Brady. You give Brady a clean pocket and healthy LOB or not, he's going to pick us apart. So if Pete and Quinn don't come up with creative ways to collapse the pocket on Brady? Then the Pats WILL score some points.

3. Belichick is 100 times the coach of Fox, he is brilliant at taking away what a team does best. So don't expect Russell and Lynch to have their way with the Pats defense. He will contain Russell and put 8 in the box to stop Marshawn. So I do expect our offense to struggle for the first half..........just as they have the past two games. The Pats have good corners, the Donko's did not. BB and Revis have the skills to lock down our receivers and allow the rest of the D to focus on stopping Lynch and Russell.

I still like the Hawks, my guess is 26-20. But don't kid yourself, this is not going to be repeat of last year. The Pats are a far better team than the Broncos, and we're far thinner on D and banged up.

Greenhell

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":azcl5f3a said:

That was delicious! :th2thumbs:

marko358

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":324iu9rq said:
I like the Hawks too peaches, but there's plenty of room to beat the Hawks if certain things happen.

1. We don't know how healthy Earl and Sherm are. Hopefully they're good to go, but there's a possibility that they re-injure themselves and either have to leave the game or have to play like they did the last quarter of the GB game. Brady's and Belichick aren't stupid like McCarthy was, if they're hurt I can guarantee you they're going for the throat.

2. Our interior D is soft. Both Newton and Rodgers had FAR too much pocket in which to work with, and neither are a healthy Brady. You give Brady a clean pocket and healthy LOB or not, he's going to pick us apart. So if Pete and Quinn don't come up with creative ways to collapse the pocket on Brady? Then the Pats WILL score some points.

3. Belichick is 100 times the coach of Fox, he is brilliant at taking away what a team does best. So don't expect Russell and Lynch to have their way with the Pats defense. He will contain Russell and put 8 in the box to stop Marshawn. So I do expect our offense to struggle for the first half..........just as they have the past two games. The Pats have good corners, the Donko's did not. BB and Revis have the skills to lock down our receivers and allow the rest of the D to focus on stopping Lynch and Russell.

I still like the Hawks, my guess is 26-20. But don't kid yourself, this is not going to be repeat of last year. The Pats are a far better team than the Broncos, and we're far thinner on D and banged up.

Nice job of souring a chest-thumping thread.

bobdigital

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rqf5v0w said:
peachesenregalia":3rqf5v0w said:
bobdigital":3rqf5v0w said:

Good points. I would add though that even if Sherman and Thomas are hurt and look like they did the last quarter of the GB game the Pats will exploit it but don't have the personnel to exploit it the way they would like to. Even if that is the case if other things go right for your team you still have a very good chance to win.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bobdigital":32ide44t said:
Good points. I would add though that even if Sherman and Thomas are hurt and look like they did the last quarter of the GB game the Pats will exploit it but don't have the personnel to exploit it the way they would like to. Even if that is the case if other things go right for your team you still have a very good chance to win.

If I know Belichick, he'll run a bunch of quick screens and run plays to Sherman's side in the 1st half to force him to tackle and take on blocks trying to pick on that arm to see how healthy he is.

Even if the plays aren't that successful, forcing Sherman to tackle and shed blocks might pay dividends in the 2nd half.

Bottom line for me, I don't like bravado on either side of this game. These are two very good teams, so I expect a nailbiter, and I don't see how you can see it any other way. IF you do, please explain.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Lol at the people trying to rationalize in this thread. This is not the place! This is a rabble rousing rallying cry. It's become part of Peaches' schtick! And I love it.

I don't love your avatar however, Peaches. Like the film, it creeps the feck outta me.

Latest posts