"Deflate Gate" Might Be Ploy By BB To Motivate Pats

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been talked about by the media or on this forum but it wouldn't surprise me if all this was planned out by Belichick to motivate his team against the Seahawks. Knowing how sneaky he is I wouldn't put it past him. All this controversial stuff and how the media is talking about it 24/7 and how some are calling them cheaters are only going to help the Patriots become closer as a team in terms of "togetherness" and have that "us against the world" mentality that may help them play better in the SB...just my opinion.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2ju1jkm2 said:
Not sure if this has been talked about by the media or on this forum but it wouldn't surprise me if all this was planned out by Belichick to motivate his team against the Seahawks. Knowing how sneaky he is I wouldn't put it past him. All this controversial stuff and how the media is talking about it 24/7 and how some are calling them cheaters are only going to help the Patriots become closer as a team in terms of "togetherness" and have that "us against the world" mentality that may help them play better in the SB...just my opinion.

I doubt it, if you seriously need massive media attention to motivate your team to win the Super Bowl, perhaps you need to look at your own ability to motivate your team.

Seems extremely far fetched, even if the Patriots win, it will be viewed by everyone with an asterisk against it. Why ruin your reputation if you don't have to?

marko358

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. How much time have they wasted talking to their PR guys and lawyers making sure they say the right thing in these press conferences? Seems like a terrible way to get the team revved up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No way this was intentional on Belicheat's part, but he is savvy enough to turn deflate-gate into a unifying motivation tool for the Pats.

He did it with Spygate, so I'm sure he'll try and brainwash his players into some sort of "whole league is rooting against us and doesn't respect us" angle.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2a0jx9w1 said:
No way this was intentional on Belicheat's part, but he is savvy enough to turn deflate-gate into a unifying motivation tool for the Pats.

He did it with Spygate, so I'm sure he'll try and brainwash his players into some sort of "whole league is rooting against us and doesn't respect us" angle.

And the Pats spent the 2007 season blowing teams out as a result of Spygate...

right up until they got beat in the SB by a team with a great defense and QB who came through in the clutch. Hmm...

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Zero chance at that. They would like nothing more that this story to be die a quick death. And frankly most Seahawk fans I have talked to about it, also do not want this to take away anything from the coverage of the Championship Game, and would prefer the NFL would just state that the invetigation is on-going and that sanctions or fines would be announced later in the year. and just move on - No more questions.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
volsunghawk":18tatftv said:
Sgt. Largent":18tatftv said:

And the Pats spent the 2007 season blowing teams out as a result of Spygate...

right up until they got beat in the SB by a team with a great defense and QB who came through in the clutch. Hmm...

How do you figure that out when spygate was September 2007?

Also about deflate gate, do you not think that surely if the pats were going to cheat that the best time to do it would be in the superbowl against a team we have a more likely chance of losing against? Why not save your trump card for the final with no chance if it being overturned? Cheating in the AFCCG makes no sense because it's only going to have the public and the officials have their eyes more on the pats, and perhaps have decisions go against them. Also if we lose the AFFCG or the superbowl, what difference does it make? Much better to take a chance of cheating in the big one if that was the plan. Now If I'm thinking this do you not think one of the best coaches in sport wouldn't think the same?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bradynumber4":2awth3bz said:
Also about deflate gate, do you not think that surely if the pats were going to cheat that the best time to do it would be in the superbowl against a team we have a more likely chance of losing against? Why not save your trump card for the final with no chance if it being overturned? Cheating in the AFCCG makes no sense because it's only going to have the public and the officials have their eyes more on the pats, and perhaps have decisions go against them. Also if we lose the AFFCG or the superbowl, what difference does it make? Much better to take a chance of cheating in the big one if that was the plan. Now If I'm thinking this do you not think one of the best coaches in sport wouldn't think the same?

We don't think this, we think Brady has been deflating footballs for a long time, especially in cold weather games where there's a big grip advantage.

That's the thing you guys keep clinging to, and it's a false premise. Who the hell with any sense thinks the Pats just deflated footballs for one game? No criminal gets caught and people think "oh man that must be his first time breaking the law!"

No, it deflating footballs doesn't explain the Colts beatdown, but it sure as heck would factor into a 4 pt victory over the Ravens, or all the other close cold weather games you won.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Watch out guys we have a conspiracy theorist on our hands

Next op will post a thread that bush was behind 9/11

Also, if a team needs a made up story about deflated balls to get motivated, then that is very very sad

Lock this thread mods.