Sherman unhappy with NFL Pro-bowl gifts snub

tom sawyer

Reaction score
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... m-pro-bowl

"Only thing I'm disappointed in is they won't give us our gifts from the Pro Bowl, which is kind of dumb,” Sherman said, per The Boston Globe. “The NFL is the only league that punishes the players who actually make the All-Star game by not giving them their gifts. It's supposed to be watches and some other stuff, but we don't get them so I couldn't tell you.”

sutz

Reaction score
So, he's not worried about that image he has of being a whiny female dog, I guess...
:229031_shrug:

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Perhaps saying it publicly is not the best method, but he has a point.

Sherman most likely doesn't care about the dollar value of the gifts, but it would be nice to have a watch engraved with Pro Bowl info on it that could become a family heirloom.

ivotuk

Reaction score
sutz":ctbhqvk6 said:
So, he's not worried about that image he has of being a whiny female dog, I guess...

I don't know about that. He's making a true statement. He was voted All Pro, but because his team made the Superbowl, they won't give him what he has earned. Why is that? In the scheme of things, the cost of providing Superbowl players with something they have earned is negligible.

sutz

Reaction score
ivotuk":319bqu0r said:
sutz":319bqu0r said:

I don't know about that. He's making a true statement. He was voted All Pro, but because his team made the Superbowl, they won't give him what he has earned. Why is that? In the scheme of things, the cost of providing Superbowl players with something they have earned is negligible.
My bad. :oops: I really thought this was from Brady. :oops:

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll except a league apology to Lynch as well as dropping of his fines in exchange for not getting the gifts.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think he makes a valid point.
Not only should the players that were voted to the pro bowl get the gifts but IMHO they should get the pay check as well.
At least = to what the losing team gets.
No acceptable reason the guys playing in the SB should be punished.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1kpdy5zc said:
I think he makes a valid point.
Not only should the players that were voted to the pro bowl get the gifts but IMHO they should get the pay check as well.
At least = to what the losing team gets.
No acceptable reason the guys playing in the SB should be punished.

agree with this 100%. Moving the game to before the super bowl, excludes some of the leagues best players from the ability to choose whether or not to appear in the game. In previous years, after the Super Bowl, a player could choose whether or not to be in the Pro Bowl. This is pretty much the league penalizing players for their teams winning. Both Seahawks players and Patriot players who would have normally been able to play in the game, should at least get a 1/2 share of the check and the gifts each player receives.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
That sounds like something the NFLPA should take up, but since that organization is completely neutered, I would imagine they won't do anything about it. For crap's sake, Andy Dalton gets a Pro Bowl watch but Sherm and the other Hawks don't? That's crazy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
sutz":3uwkuh7q said:
ivotuk":3uwkuh7q said:
sutz":3uwkuh7q said:

My bad. :oops: I really thought this was from Brady. :oops:

So if Brady says it, he's a female dog, but if Sherm says it, it's ok ? Lol, just checking. For the record, I agree with Sherm, but I can see how going to the media about it looks selfish or whiny.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
That's like promising a party and a bonus check for a company's best salespeople, then when they can't attend the party because they're out making the biggest sale of the year, management revokes the bonus checks as well.

If true, that's weak weak sauce from an organization run by 32 billionaires... er, 31 and a bunch of pretend shareholders... or whatever.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I think the point he is making isn't a selfish one, it's a "back at ya" to a league who is wrapped up so tightly in regulations and protocol that this crap they pull is hypocritical.

He would like give all the crap he got to a charity. That's my bet

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
TruHammer07":1khilr0c said:
jeez don't they have enough crap
So if you achieve elite benchmarks at work that come with promised extras, and then you don't get those extras, you're ok with that? You think the organization you work for is in the right for doing that?

LargentFan

Reaction score
According to Clayton, the players that make the probowl, but don't play because of the Super Bowl DO get paid. I believe he said $41,000.
No link, but it was on 710 today.

pmedic920

Reaction score
LargentFan":1r8zhb7m said:
According to Clayton, the players that make the probowl, but don't play because of the Super Bowl DO get paid. I believe he said $41,000.
No link, but it was on 710 today.

I hope that's true. They absolutely deserve it.