NFL Announces Partnership with YouTube

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but the NFL and YouTube

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-roundup/Monday-Round-Up-NFL-announces-partnership-with-YouTube/51a0dedb-1e1d-4f46-ad37-fd8aa51b6851[/urltargetblank]

Early Monday, the NFL announced a partnership with YouTube that will deliver content to fans on the world's largest video platform.

You can find the League's channel at YouTube.com/NFL, which will include game previews, highlights, postgame recaps, daily news clips, fantasy football advice, and more.

The NFL's new channel on YouTube is already up and running and will feature the top sights and sounds from Super Bowl XLIX week in Arizona, as the Seahawks ready to face the New England Patriots on Sunday, Feb. 1 at Glendale's University of Phoenix Stadium.

Here is the direct link to the NFL YouTube channel. There should be plenty of Super Bowl content right now, but I'm not sure if there will be anything we couldn't get from NFL.com.

[urltargetblank]https://www.youtube.com/nfl[/urltargetblank]

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Saw this earlier this morning. So glad they finally did this. I browsed the channel and they have quite a bit of videos already. Cool highlight videos with good editing and music. Not just a boring broadcast angle and that's it. Looks like they're actually trying. That nfl video player on NFL.com was horrible.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Thank God. Their video player is crap on the team/main site.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Good now I don't have to go to NFL.com to see videoes, that website sucks ass. So tired of their shitty video player auto playing while I'm trying to read an article at work.

Hawks46

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":ta5hpqbp said:
Good now I don't have to go to NFL.com to see videoes, that website sucks ass. So tired of their shitty video player auto playing while I'm trying to read an article at work.

That and the banners always getting hung up when loading, thus locking up my comp for 5-10 seconds and taking longer to get info. And it happens EVERY page change, with IE or Firefox.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawks46":2fg9p2s5 said:
XxXdragonXxX":2fg9p2s5 said:

That and the banners always getting hung up when loading, thus locking up my comp for 5-10 seconds and taking longer to get info. And it happens EVERY page change, with IE or Firefox.
Plus, I don't think I've ever watched a vid on NFL.com that didn't pause for buffering several times. Very annoying.

gargantual

Reaction score
Hawks46":2evr5e0f said:
XxXdragonXxX":2evr5e0f said:

Definitely annoying crap there. Their site is completely unwatchable on my tablet, and isn't a whole lot better on a desktop.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the NFL to announce that they're going to be selling live NFL games on YouTube, or some other major entity like Netflix. Until then...NFL, stop being archaic!!

sc85sis

Reaction score
It will give YouTube even more reason to boot all fan videos though. So there is both upside and downside from a fan perspective.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3msj3d2l said:
Paving the way for more "pay for view" if you ask me.

For a couple years now I've kind of wanted a PPV option.

A better broadcast of the game, from your team's sidelines or other cool perspective, that gets you 'in the game'.
In between broadcast TV and being there. You'd get to control which angles you want to watch, or after a huge play or score you get a first person perspective of you sitting in the stands, getting high-fived by the people around you.

Almost an experience of being there without being there. Hell, I'd pay $25 once in a while to have that.

Of course they'd have to prevent you from getting inside scoop on the team (i.e. Spygate), but to be 'sitting on the bench' when ML runs by you stiff-arming defenders, and hearing the guys on the sidelines yelling...almost priceless.

Sign me up.