Monday Press Conferences w/Recap

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is the week, with all the super bowl coverage, that having my slingbox at home, really pays off, as I get to watch NFL Network and any other Super Bowl coverage as it happens. I was just watching the NFL Network coverage and they said that the Seahawks will have their Monday media sessions after practice at about 4:45 Eastern Time.

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":mos646kh said:
This is the week, with all the super bowl coverage, that having my slingbox at home, really pays off, as I get to watch NFL Network and any other Super Bowl coverage as it happens. I was just watching the NFL Network coverage and they said that the Seahawks will have their Monday media sessions after practice at about 4:45 Eastern Time.

I've had my eye on a slingbox for awhile now.
I'm guessing you enjoy yours.
My issue is this. I pay 79.99 for basic Internet. It's at 3-4 giga/mega things a min/sec.
Sorry I'm ignorant.
I only have two options for ISP, both are same price. I can go up on my speed but it's very expensive, over $100 for 12 things a min/sec.
Will a slingbox work at my current speed?
If not, will it work at the 12?
I love where I live but this is one of the downsides.
Sorry bout the hijack.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":33d0a2ii said:
kidhawk":33d0a2ii said:

I've had my eye on a slingbox for awhile now.
I'm guessing you enjoy yours.
My issue is this. I pay 79.99 for basic Internet. It's at 3-4 giga/mega things a min/sec.
Sorry I'm ignorant.
I only have two options for ISP, both are same price. I can go up on my speed but it's very expensive, over $100 for 12 things a min/sec.
Will a slingbox work at my current speed?
If not, will it work at the 12?
I love where I live but this is one of the downsides.
Sorry bout the hijack.

The better your upload speed, the better it will operate. You need a minimum of 256 kbps, but I'd say for a decent picture you'd want to have closer to a full MBPS. This is for the place where the slingbox is located. Then you want to have reasonable speeds wherever you are watching, whether it be on your phone, laptop or other device. For this, if you can watch video on YouTube or Netflix or other streaming without constant buffering you should be fine.

To test what your actual upload speed is (it's often not what they advertise). go here and run the test. It'll tell you what you are actually getting.

[urltargetblank]http://www.speedtest.net/[/urltargetblank]

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anybody else have volume issues with the feed?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Started late due to difficulties on .com feed. Had to switch to NFLN

Spoke on the differences between now and NE...said he got the ability to control all aspects of the football program at SC and that is how it should be done with any program (That football people should run the football side of it)

On Sherman comments on Kraft and Goodell. Said RIchard's comments are his own. Seemed to differ on the opinion of the closeness between the two, but that's Richard's opinion.

On Revis/Sherman...said they each have their own individual makeup. Said they each have a great understanding of the game and awareness. Said they are completely different styles of players with a very similar outcome.

Are we going to change things from how we did it last year? Said we have a system of how we do things and we aren't going to change them. We want to do things as much the same as possible.

On today's team schedule. Said they already practiced and after film study they are free for the day.

Said it was easy to overlook Wilson's height due to the special things he does.

On Roster turnover from a SB win to now....Every year there are difficult decisions to manage the cap etc. Said we use long vision at all times. John does an extraordinary job at seeing to the future. Said we do a tremendous job. Says you have to go through the process and that we lost some good players from last year, but they were decisions we had to make to move forward and to be able to reward our core guys.

On how he prepares for the game....said Bill is really good at challenging his opponents in all ways. We are striving to stay ahead of that with our own preparedness. Said we are a smart team and we communicate well. Said even with that, Bill will find something in there to challenge them. Said they have approached this with tremendous respect.

on Lynch and his gestures....said he won't say what he speaks to Lynch on. Said when he talks to players on issues, they won't discuss it publicly. Emphasized that we still celebrate the uniqueness of our players.

On Maxwell stepping in this year....Said he's been a legitimate starter for some time now. Said he's very flexible to situations. Said he's had no problem adapting to everything we've asked him to do.

on hiring Quinn to replace Bradley...said he had worked with Dan before Bradley left. After he left to florida, he thought he was a perfect replacement for Bradley when he left. Said he has done an incredible job with us.

Did Kraft learn from him...He said Kraft was a new owner and they talked about stuff and he hopes that he might have learned a few things. Said he spoke to Kraft on the BB hire.

on the Chris Matthews fine. Said all he knows is it happened in a moment and he was fined and that's all he really knows about it.

(I noticed the .com player is working and I think Wagner is up but still not getting any volume plus I'm listening to Pete on NFLN) (sound is working now...just had to mute it)

On team leadership....said that the team meeting held by the leaders was a remarkable job and specifically showed how crucial it is to play for each other.

on Luke Willson...Said it's been fun to watch Luke and Russell continue to hook up. Said Luke is a strong big fast kid. Said he has a great future ahead of him. Said he might turn into something really special. Said it's picked up a lot in the past 6 weeks or so.

on Ivan (wasn't sure on the last name) having been there with Pete and BB...said he's gotta be a lifer by now. Said he garners respect of the people around him.

That's it for Pete for now. Going to listen to player interviews on .com now

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Baldwin's is now up.

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Baldwin-on-Revis-I-am-excited-about-the-challenge/5001ea79-2d68-4f1a-929a-5b4602dc88ec[/urltargetblank]

I'd still like to hear an explanation as to why they put him in front of a Patriots Background

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor:
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Kam-Chancellor-SB49-Monday-Press-Conference/d4158513-132e-42bd-8dbd-6716b35d9c27[/urltargetblank]

Bobby Wagner:
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Bobby_Wagner_SB49_Monday_Press_Conference/b5f838ad-f1e6-4871-ab36-9ca4eade36fd[/urltargetblank]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":35horcyo said:
Baldwin's is now up.

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Baldwin-on-Revis-I-am-excited-about-the-challenge/5001ea79-2d68-4f1a-929a-5b4602dc88ec[/urltargetblank]

I'd still like to hear an explanation as to why they put him in front of a Patriots Background

As I saw it....there was only one backdrop and they had some patriots and SEAHAWKS logos on it. So he just got unlucky with the camera view. I did see one Hawk logo bottom left......So we got that going for us. 8)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3pae1cga said:
kidhawk":3pae1cga said:
Baldwin's is now up.

As I saw it....there was only one backdrop and they had some patriots and SEAHAWKS logos on it. So he just got unlucky with the camera view. I did see one Hawk logo bottom left......So we got that going for us. 8)

The Patriots have 4 guys at one time, 3 with patriots logos in the background and 1 with a generic with only super bowl logos. Zero with Seahawk Logos. Seems rather odd that they can have enough for the Patriots but not the same quantity or placement forethought for the Seahawks.

Also, I haven't seen the full thing because only a short clip is on .com, but Unger also had a Patriots background

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They had a clip and the whole thing is in the same backdrop....It is what it is. But Bobby WAGGIE Nailed his presser. I may have to go back again. I loved it. Great one.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":hahzah46 said:
They had a clip and the whole thing is in the same backdrop....It is what it is. But Bobby WAGGIE Nailed his presser. I may have to go back again. I loved it. Great one.

Bennett's was excellent as well. As for the backdrops. This is the biggest media event in sports. There's no reason there isn't team specific (or at least team neutral backdrops, enough to cover either team....and especially shouldn't be one-sided where one team is always in front of theirs and the other isn't. It's lazy and unprofessional.

And as for the Seahawks, I'm still waiting for them to put more than just a few seconds of clips from the Unger, Avril & Wright Press Conferences yesterday. It's ridiculous to take this long (I'm doubting they will ever get them up, which is annoying since we don't get the opportunity to watch them live.