Russell needs to play before the 4th qtr!

northseahawk

Reaction score
He absolutely can't wait till the 4th quarter against this team. He needs to be ready to ball out from the first snap. Every possession counts. We can't/shouldn't come out flat like he usually does in the 1st qrtr.

To me, this be the most important factor going into this game. We need his best for 4 quarters.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
northseahawk":11md9lt7 said:
He absolutely can't wait till the 4th quarter against this team. He needs to be ready to ball out from the first snap. Every possession counts. We can't/shouldn't come out flat like he usually does in the 1st qrtr.

To me, this be the most important factor going into this game. We need his best for 4 quarters.

Why:
Why play until you have to?

purpleworld

Reaction score
I agree with this....I'd also like to see a jumbo package and mash marshawn down their throats....they are crap against the run!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Pete recently reiterated that he thinks the whole fast start thing is bunk. Think it was Sunday- couldn't find it.

I'm okay with that.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I'd love it if started faster. But even last years Super Bowl he started slow and that worked out ok.

Seafan

Reaction score
He fumbled the first snap against the 9ers in last year's NFCC game and gave them an early lead and momentum . The Hawks scored only 3 points in the first half, trailed 10-3 and came back. He seems to play poorly in the early part of NFCC games. I wonder if he's just wound up too tight.

Fast start isn't nearly as important IMO as not turning the ball over. Give our defense the long field instead of the red zone.

jake206

Reaction score
I disagree... but I think Bevell's gotta dial up more running game body blow plays. Russell is going to be fine, but don't think he's going to have big plays with his arm, but more with his feet. Read option and more hand offs to Turbin/Beast. 4th qtr is a good time to start testing deep on Revis and Browner after they get tired of chasing our run game.

Latest posts