It's that time! predict the match ups

danp1990

Reaction score
Well guys we're one game away from making history!Lets go Hawks!!! , but what matches are you looking at that will favor the Seahawks or maybe give us issues. I for one am interested in four match-ups. 1) how will unger hold up against a true 3-4 NT in Vince Wilfork?. 2)Can out DT's get just enough pressure to rattle Bradys Cage! Lol. 3)are we sticking 2 men on Gronk or can KJ keep up with the physicality of Gronk? Dont get me wrong I know historically speaking KJ Does well in that roll but Antonio Gates had his way with him early in the year. I trust KJ but I hope he has a Great Game 4) Lastly, we got to stop the Run! make them play our game, if we do that on Defense I see this being a blowout or close to one atleast :).

I really see a total masterpiece of a game comming up!, get marshawn the ball.make FB Tukuafu seal the edges with his crack blocks and let beastmode do his thing.once that happens all hell breaks loose as lockette/baldwin eat up BB or seam routes to Willson and attack their man coverage. Anyways guys thats just my point of view, "What do you see unfolding in this game"? As always - GO
HAWKS !!!!!

hangumhi

Reaction score
I don't believe pass rush will be a factor. I would love for it to be but Tom Brady has the quickest release in the NFL which is why he doesn't get hit. Our D line will be just as explosive as usual but similar to the Packers game where Rodgers released the ball very quick, Brady will have an even quicker release and will frustrate our D line a bit. It's because of this that I hope Dan Quinn chooses to concentrate on nullifying the run from Blount and nullifying the pass by disrupting the receivers' routes.

The one thing that frustrated me about our defensive scheme playing the packers was that we knew Rodgers was going to throw a hell of a lot of quick outs, ins and slants checkdowns etc to get the ball out quick and yet our vastly superior corners and linebackers were hesitant to jump balls. The mentality is sound, keep everything in front of you...but in a case like the packers game I was a bit frustrated by our lack of aggression in the scheme. I hope we come out with a much more aggressive scheme because we all know they're going to hit the heck out of short routes for quicker releases so hit them at the line and jump routes. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
Good input! Definitely see our DB's jamming at the line to disrupt the quick rhythm timing patterns.in playoffs and super owls refs tend to call it close to the chest. I hope irving can beat the Tackles to the outside and flush him towards Avrils arms! Ala a Sack.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Wilson to Willson this game. Willson has more size and speed than they guys they will have covering him. I think he's gonna have a HUGE game. More yards than Gronk.