Fans in PHX w no tix--where to watch the game?

heffmanhere

Reaction score
I'll be in PHX for the big game but I won't be going to the big game.

Anyone else in this boat?

If so, where's the best place to watch the game? Best bars etc?

Will most 'Hawks fans not going to the game itself watch it in Glendale or do they scatter around metro PHX?

McFadden's by the stadium and Skeptical Chymist in Scottsdale seem to be the major spots for 'Hawks fans to gather in metro PHX which probably translates into massive crowds

Any other suggestions where the crowd will be nice and ideally Seahawk friendly or at the very least Super Bowl friendly?

I'm just trying to avoid ending up in a place w no atmosphere or no game day vibe---watching the game with a bunch of luke-warm bodies with no vested interest in the game isn't our ideal scenario.

Go 'Hawks!!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm driving down Friday morning just to hang out and take in all of the festivities. The two spots that have come up the most are McFadden's and SC. I put in a reservation at Wasted Grain just in case but for the most part have no real plans

HHawk121

Reaction score
Tilted Kilt in Peoria, AZ is also a Hawk haven. It is the local Mariner bar, and has thus adopted the Seahawks as it's official NFL team. They will be packed like no other as well. Fibber Magee's in Tempe is another offical Hawk Spot.

To note, Fibber Magee's is also owned by the same person that owns Skeptical Chymist in N Scottsdale.

Him and his business parter also own one on the West side, I'll find out more info on that location.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Where to eat and drink

Several pubs in the Scottsdale area fashion themselves as Seahawks bars, but the most established is the Skeptical Chymist on North Pima Road. It has indoor/outdoor seating, multiple screens, good food and a broad selection of microbrews on tap (“Just like Seattle, people tell me,” says proprietor Trevor Kingston, a native of County Cork, Ireland). It’s also got a decibel gauge on the wall that hit 170 the day of the Seahawks miracle win against Green Bay.

Numerous events are scheduled for game week at the Chymist and its sister pub in Chandler, Ariz., Fibber Magees, including visits from the Sea Gals and Blue Thunder drum line, and a big outdoor game zone on Super Bowl Sunday. The Chymist is at 15688 N. Pima Road (480-609-8677 or skepticalchymist.com). It’s a must be seen to be believed 12th Nation outpost for any visiting Seahawks fan.

OP
OP
H

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Skeptical Chymist (SC) in Scottsdale opens at 11am, $15 at the door (game starts at 4:30 Phoenix time)...That's going to be a very popular place for true 'Hawks fans to hang for the game...

But a ton of fans will get turned away I think...(they do not take reservations, either)

The Four Peaks Grill and Tap on North Hayden is only a 5 minute walk from the SC...I think a lot of the overflow crowd may end up there if for no other reason than it is real close by....Anyone know if it's a decent place to watch the game? I was at their Tempe location a few years ago and it was a nice brewpub as I recall...

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
HHawk121":2upnmsof said:
Tilted Kilt in Peoria, AZ is also a Hawk haven. It is the local Mariner bar, and has thus adopted the Seahawks as it's official NFL team. They will be packed like no other as well. Fibber Magee's in Tempe is another offical Hawk Spot.

To note, Fibber Magee's is also owned by the same person that owns Skeptical Chymist in N Scottsdale.

Him and his business parter also own one on the West side, I'll find out more info on that location.

If you happen to find out where the place is on the West side, I just might need that address. I'm in Phoenix right now with no tickets. Bleh.

Hawk2Oregon

Reaction score
My buddy and I are in the same boat. We're driving down from Portland tomorrow just to be there for the weekend and celebrate the W! We have no tickets and no illusions that we'll actually get in the game. Is the NFL not putting on any kind of big viewing party in downtown Phoenix or out in Glendale during the game? Has anybody heard of anything like this happening or just various bars/restaurants?

OP
OP
H

heffmanhere

Reaction score
These seem to be the top 3 places for 'Hawks fans to see the game in metro PHX on Sunday:

-Skeptical Chymist in Scottsdale, this is apparently the #1 'Hawks bar in AZ (BTW I read on their FB page that they'll have 1,000 seats outside in the parking lot etc) No reservations, $15 cover, doors open at 11am

-McFadden's by the Stadium (reservations needed, could already be sold out for all I know)

-Fibber McGee's in Chandler, owned by same folks who own the Skeptical Chymist

There's also a pretty good spot in Peoria that was mentioned in this thread earlier this week...

peppersjap

Reaction score
McFaddens is sold out for all tables on Super Bowl Sunday (they didn't even put options on line until they were already sold out) and is $100 general admission. It is split up from 10-2, 2 until the end of the game and from the end of the game until closing. It comes with a buffet but I've been there when it is packed and I can't imagine how they could possibly keep up with food. I really enjoyed it there last year and it would be fun since you are right next to the stadium but $100 cover is a bit much for me and if you leave you might not get back in. I think most of us want to walk around the parking lot and check out the tailgating but it is more important to me to have a place to watch the game.
I'm pretty sure we are going to go to the Skeptical Chemyst. They are actually a Seahawks bar. McFaddens is all about making money. They are actually the home of the local 49ers group. I'm not saying that negatively because what they do is good business, they attach themselves to whatever team is coming into town. There other bar McFaddens beach club in the same area will be a Patriots bar. They have a 1.5 out of 5 ranking on yelp which shows the locals hate them. I think the Skeptical Chemyst will be a way better experience because it is all about us plus there are quite a few sports bars in Scottsdale in case it is too crowded and we have to head somewhere else. They are even going the extra step to set up an area to watch in a tent in the parking lot and only a $15 cover which will probably only pay his expenses.
I will be at McFaddens on Saturday because I think it will be awesome and regardless of where I end up on Sunday I just hope I'm with a whole bunch of 12's! Too long a plane ride to be sitting in a Buffalo Wild Wings with Cardinal fans!

HHawk121

Reaction score
Just be forewarned, SC is going to be at capacity within minutes of opening, we were there at 5 am last year and not even close to the front of the line.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would consider going to one of the Tilted Kilts in the area. That is the place in Peoria that was mentioned. There are however 5 or 6 in the Phoenix area. The mini brewhouse on Scottdale ave and McDowall in the stripmall was not too bad. Served a decent selection of microbrews. Just if you find one you like, dont expect it to stick around long. We watched the end of the SF game there the one Saturday before our game. I agree with the above poster. McFaddens is not that large and will end up having a horror show for a buffet. Went there for our late December game and stuck near the bar on the entrance left side. If you go and dont find what you want there, there are taxis at the end of the strip mall I think and you may be able to get where it will be easier to watch the game...good luck to those going. GO HAWKS.

Largent80

Reaction score
$100 to get into a bar?......Sorry, but if I were there, I would take that $100 and get a nice group of food and drinks and watch in my hotel room.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I'm going to Majerle's. It's chill, the food is tasty and there are TVs everywhere. No line, no fuss, plenty of Hawks fans