Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Pats @ Hawks) *SBXLIX!!*

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ignore the noise.

The Prisco's of the world are not interested in fair, unbiased reporting. The sole purpose of their "professional" existence is to generate revenue for their employer via clicks from readers or by viewers watching. The more outlandish, the more divisive their stance and commentary, the more readers and viewers. It's simple math and all shtick. Take a page out of Russell's book and "Ignore The Noise."

Behind closed doors and off the clock, it wouldn't surprise me if these kinds of mediots had no real opinion either way of the Seahawks or in fact were actually admirers. That doesn't get clicks like being a sensationalist prick does.

On to what really matters.

Interesting how that ESPN map showing who expects who to win shows the entire country expecting the Patriots to beat the Seahawks minus the Pac NW. Yet, yesterday during Media Day they ran a graphic from Twitterland asking who they thought would win and it was like 68% Seahawks 32% Patriots. Quite a disparity.

As usual, my confidence is building as the game draws closer. Initially, I was 50/50 on who could/would win. Now I am 80/20 Seahawks. I know the Patriots are overall better than the Broncos, but I cannot help but think this game will be similar to SBXLVIII in the sense that the Patriots have yet to play a team all year as physical, as oppressive as the Seahawks.

This game will not be a blow out. For that I am 99% positive. Tom Brady has won the big dance 3 times and is in his 6th appearance because he truly is one of the best to ever play the game at his position. Legion of Boom or not, Tom will find his points.

Still, the more I really mentally walk through this game, the more I think the Patriots will lose this game. While it is true the Seahawks have to play their A game to win, I think the Patriots would have to be perfect. Anything short of an A+ game from them and Russell Wilson is hoisting the Lombardi for back-to-back years.

I will be wearing my Lynch home jersey because ultimately, the win boils down to how well he plays in this game and I am thinking he will be the SB MVP.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Patriots 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 14-4

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I've been predicting losses down this stretch so that continues just so I can continue to look like a jackass.

Patriots 200 billion
Hawks 3

Record picking against hawks: 0-8

sutz

Reaction score
I don't really foresee a curb stomp. I'll go with Chawks on this one.

Seahawks..27
Patsies......17

I know they won't 'quit' but I don't think the Patsies know what kind of a meat grinder they are walking into.

Late edit, forgot:

YTD: 14-4

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sutz":27gd80be said:
I know they won't 'quit' but I don't think the Patsies know what kind of a meat grinder they are walking into.

That's my thoughts exactly. Just like the Broncos last year.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seahawks 30
Patriots 27

in an instant classic.

I have concerns about our ability to handle big-bodied guys like gronk and blount all day; I think they are physical enough to match us and keep drives alive that other teams might not get, and along with doing some tricky formation junk, resulting in more points than we are used to seeing. This isn't the Broncos we are looking at.

In the end though, it comes down to how I've felt about most games this season - Seattle is the better team, and they will find a way to win.

16-2 YTD

2_0_6

Reaction score
egad.... This game has me worried, not just because its the biggest game of the year but it's because I feel the Patriots will be the biggest test we will have faced this year.

I hate to say this, but I have a gut feeling this ends with a last minute FG by the Pats to squeak one out.

I HOPE IM WRONG.

Pats 23
Hawks 21