Have Bad Feeling About Possible Officiating

seahawksny

Reaction score
On one hand, they could swing VERY heavy in our favor after all that has happened.

On the other, they could swing VERY heavy to NE because the refs probably have been warned to not be biased against them, so they will get trigger happy on Seattle and over do it.

Just have a feeling after all that has happened this week - with the deflategate stupidity, Marshawn not talking etc. I just have a bad feeling its going to resemble SB 40 in a way and will be painful to watch for the neutral fan

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can't explain it, but I am not worried about officiating at all.

Maybe it's because we were a highly penalized team both last year and this year and each year we won the NFC and went to the Super Bowl.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Pete Carroll will throw a tantrum if they miss obvious calls on the Patriots.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":o1nnhwrt said:

Maybe it's because we were a highly penalized team both last year and this year and each year we won the NFC and went to the Super Bowl.

Both teams in this matchup are among the most penalized in the league. And both faced opponents who were penalized fewer times than the league average, though Seattle obviously takes the prize on that one.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a ... alty-stats

In a game where the dominating storyline has been the possibility that one of the teams has been cheating, the league is not going to allow the perception of bias in favor of that team. In fact, it will want to avoid any perception of bias whatsoever. This game might see a lot of penalties, but it will be because both teams tend to commit a lot of penalties. Not because of some conspiracy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1ah3eek4 said:
kidhawk":1ah3eek4 said:

Both teams in this matchup are among the most penalized in the league. And both faced opponents who were penalized fewer times than the league average, though Seattle obviously takes the prize on that one.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a ... alty-stats

In a game where the dominating storyline has been the possibility that one of the teams has been cheating, the league is not going to allow the perception of bias in favor of that team. In fact, it will want to avoid any perception of bias whatsoever. This game might see a lot of penalties, but it will be because both teams tend to commit a lot of penalties. Not because of some conspiracy.

Thanks for the link. I tend to follow NFC closer, so didn't know that about the Patriots penalties. I felt pretty good about officiating not being an issue in the Super Bowl, and somehow I feel even better now

Reaneypark

Reaction score
There is no way the officiating will be crooked in this game. Coming off the heels of Ballgate, the league cannot afford to have the general public thinking that the NFL now equals WWE. Yeah, there might be some bad calls, but a systematic level of crap calls like what happened in Super Bowl XL is something that the NFL cannot afford right now.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Officiating will probably be just fine. Vinovich is a very solid referee, the other officials on the crew graded out well enough to get this assignment...obviously there are no guarantees (as we once painfully learned), but this isn't a factor worth worrying about up front.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I think the calls will be a non factor in this one . We got to survive that kill shot mentality right out the box by the pats . We weather that and settle in we will be fine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If anything the league doesn't want the Patriots to win, because then popular consensus would be "the cheaters won."

I'm not a ref conspiracy theorist, I just hope for playoff and SB games with no controversial calls that leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Vinovich is good. We'll be fine.

Have a feeling he lets both teams play

kearly

Reaction score
Not worried at all. If anything the officiating this postseason has drawn ire for not calling enough penalties.

LTH

Reaction score
I am worried about the officiating... Especially after what happened to Detroit and then Dallas... I think the officiating has been piss poor this year...

LTH

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Well we can always count on Browner for a 15 yarder at some point. Especially since our guys will know how to get under his skin.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
You guys get flagged that much, even though you kicked Browner over to our side?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
furi0usbee":nc8s6y77 said:
You guys get flagged that much, even though you kicked Browner over to our side?
Our offensive line is the biggest reason why. Stupid pre-snap penalties, we lead the league in 'em by 50 miles.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Just a reminder...Three of the officials from XL will be officiating this game too. Not that I expect anything to go wrong.

jake206

Reaction score
If anything...I have a feeling they'll let anything go. They've been more lenient (both ways), the further they've gotten in the playoffs. I expect the LOB and Patriots defenders to be waaay more handsy this game in previous games.

Latest posts