If Marshawn were to win SB MVP...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Some have been asking what Marshawn would say on the stage if he won SB MVP.

But I was thinking about what he would do with Disney World.

Is the whole Disney thing a sponsorship where the Super Bowl MVP is required to do the "I'm going to Disney World!" commercial and then go be in the parade there? Or is it just a tradition that guys feel honored to do?

I just can't imagine Lynch yelling out for the commercial and then going to ride in the parade there. Remember this is the guy who didn't even want to go to the White House after the Super Bowl.

If he has a big day Sunday and won MVP, is this another potential thing that could blow up with fines for Marshawn if he doesn't comply?

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":gf9vpuhk said:

Is the whole Disney thing a sponsorship where the Super Bowl MVP is required to do the "I'm going to Disney World!" commercial and then go be in the parade there? Or is it just a tradition that guys feel honored to do?

I just can't imagine Lynch yelling out for the commercial and then going to ride in the parade there. Remember this is the guy who didn't even want to go to the White House after the Super Bowl.

If he has a big day Sunday and won MVP, is this another potential thing that could blow up with fines for Marshawn if he doesn't comply?

They have possible candidates sign contracts before the game.

Lynch would sign up. He's done plenty of advertising. This is a different scenario than answering questions from media. He's had problems with some members of the media and he doesn't want to deal with them. Making commercials and other endorsements are a totally different story.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kidhawk":ay9ty20f said:
HawkFan72":ay9ty20f said:

They have possible candidates sign contracts before the game.

Lynch would sign up. He's done plenty of advertising. This is a different scenario than answering questions from media. He's had problems with some members of the media and he doesn't want to deal with them. Making commercials and other endorsements are a totally different story.

I didn't know they signed contracts before the game. Interesting.

That's what I was curious about: if it was an official sponsorship they are required to do, or if it is something that they do just because they want to.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
If he wins MVP (which is fairly likely) Roger Goodell will promptly die and then roll over in his grave.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I think he would be fine with it. He sure looked to be enjoying riding on "The Duck" at the parade last year (especially after he got that bottle of Fireball, hah). Hopefully he wouldn't pelt the kids with Skittles like he was doing to the crowd at the parade.

I think being a big kid is exactly what he would like. What he hates are groups of predatory reporters demanding that he answer stupid, repetitive and leading questions to try and catch him in an "oops" so they can sensationalize it and make him look bad.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Please let this happen. The comedy would be off the charts

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I imagine him doing that and going to disney world and having a great time. He's a fun loving, have a good time dude. He just doesnt like interviews (or at least pretends not to like them as part of his schtick.)

kidhawk

Reaction score
For those who didn't see it...yesterday on the NFL network, Baldwin said their goal is for Lynch to win the MVP of the Super Bowl. I would LOVE to see this happen.

lsheldon

Reaction score
First off, 80% of the MVP voting weight is assigned to the voting done by the 16 media and broadcast writers who vote following the game. The fan voting only accounts for 20% of the weight. I don't know who the 16 voting media members are, but I wouldn't even worry about Marshawn being considered for MVP because of that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":3qc9ox0e said:
For those who didn't see it...yesterday on the NFL network, Baldwin said their goal is for Lynch to win the MVP of the Super Bowl. I would LOVE to see this happen.
Well if he does it that means we win going away so of course they would love to see that happen. More likely it's going to be on Wilson because they are going to throw everything into stopping Lynch.

Basis4day

Reaction score
If Lynch win's MVP, he'll announce his retirement effective immediately at the podium. Drops mic.

253hawk

Reaction score
He wouldn't say anything. He'd just accept the keys to the MVP car/truck and drive around the stadium.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I hope he wins, goes up to the podium, grabs the keys to what ever vehicle he wins, and grabs his junk. I am not kidding, I would love to see it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2papt2kd said:
I think being a big kid is exactly what he would like. What he hates are groups of predatory reporters demanding that he answer stupid, repetitive and leading questions to try and catch him in an "oops" so they can sensationalize it and make him look bad.

You nailed it.

Mojambo

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2u6ehsek said:
If he wins MVP (which is fairly likely) Roger Goodell will promptly die and then roll over in his grave.

So, win win.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
When the Ravens won (the 1st time), Ray Lewis was named MVP, but it was Trent Dilfer that did the "I'm going to Disneyland" commercial, so who knows...