We're going to win.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't think we needed that to happen for this to be truth, but if ya feel better about it?....

DynoHawk

Reaction score
During the championship game, right after halftime, I noticed my son was sitting on the couch to my right. Normally he sits on the other couch, to my left. I made him switch spots and immediately we started playing better and won....

You're welcome.

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
We are going to win.

The only way we won't win is if the offense coordinators - Cable and Bevell - shackle Russell Wilson, limiting the read option and his mobility. The New England defense is susceptible to the run, especially the unpredictable quarterback runs.The quarterback runs will take pressure off of and open up Marshawn Lynch. It's crazy not to take advantage of one of the most unique, powerful and unstoppable weapons in football: Russell Wilson's running and mobility. These two coaches and their idiotically conservative philosophy have been the biggest handicaps for the Seahawks the last three seasons.

In case you have not noticed, Marshawn Lynch is at the peak of his career. He is a Beast, but there has never been another back who has run with his vision and intelligence. Right now, he is the best he has ever been. Belichick will make it a priority to stop him, but Lynch should have an unbelievable game.

Russell Wilson lives for these types of games. He will do amazing, magical things that will be remembered for years and years.

The defense is truly one of the best to ever play the game. They were pretty good three years ago when they beat Tom Brady and the Patriots, when Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kim Chancellor, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wrght, Bruce Irvin, etc. were at the beginning of their careers. They were great last year when they beat Peyton Manning. They are even better now with a great combination of talent, experience, toughness, motivatio, hard work, attitude, and intelligence. This defense is for real, miles above where they were when they last beat the Patriots.

This will be a game for the ages – and the Seahawks will win.

sutz

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":2z6j7n9x said:
We are going to win.

The only way we won't win is if the offense coordinators - Cable and Bevell - shackle Russell Wilson, limiting the read option and his mobility. The New England defense is susceptible to the run, especially the unpredictable quarterback runs.The quarterback runs will take pressure off of and open up Marshawn Lynch. It's crazy not to take advantage of one of the most unique, powerful and unstoppable weapons in football: Russell Wilson's running and mobility. These two coaches and their idiotically conservative philosophy have been the biggest handicaps for the Seahawks the last three seasons.

In case you have not noticed, Marshawn Lynch is at the peak of his career. He is a Beast, but there has never been another back who has run with his vision and intelligence. Right now, he is the best he has ever been. Belichick will make it a priority to stop him, but Lynch should have an unbelievable game.

Russell Wilson lives for these types of games. He will do amazing, magical things that will be remembered for years and years.

The defense is truly one of the best to ever play the game. They were pretty good three years ago when they beat Tom Brady and the Patriots, when Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kim Chancellor, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wrght, Bruce Irvin, etc. were at the beginning of their careers. They were great last year when they beat Peyton Manning. They are even better now with a great combination of talent, experience, toughness, motivatio, hard work, attitude, and intelligence. This defense is for real, miles above where they were when they last beat the Patriots.

This will be a game for the ages – and the Seahawks will win.

Yeah, well, Pete and Bevell 'handicapped' us to 25 wins the last two season, and deep playoff runs the last 3. :229031_shrug:

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
DynoHawk":3begj9r3 said:
During the championship game, right after halftime, I noticed my son was sitting on the couch to my right. Normally he sits on the other couch, to my left. I made him switch spots and immediately we started playing better and won....

You're welcome.

My wife, a Pacific Northwest native, has loved the Seahawks since they arrived in 1976 (I've mentioned how Largent and Zorn visited her health class when she was in high school). Last year, I went to my first game at the Clink. When we got back to Cali, we took the cool signs they were handing out (BOOM! on one side and LOUDER! on the other) and put them in the China cupboard, that belonged to her grandmother, a deeply spiritual woman and also a Pacific Northwest native.

For the NFCCC, she took the signs out and put them in our front window. The Hawks played terribly. I told her at halftime to take the signs out of the window. She did.

Around the time of Russell throwing his fourth pick, I noticed the signs lying on the dining room table. “What are you doing?” I said. “You can’t just take them out of the window. You have to put them back in Grandma’s China cupboard.”

I put them in the cupboard, the very next play was Russell connecting with Lynch to set up Russell’s TD. The rest is history.

I guess the Seahawks signs needed a bit of Grandma’s mojo.

Those signs are not leaving the China cupboard all weekend, my friends.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I truly believe that the Hawks were keeping the RO under wraps last week, to save it for the Superb Owl, and only pulled it out at the end when it became necessary to use it to win. This was partly to protect Russ and partly to keep it out of sight, out of mind for the Pats game planners.

Granted, the Pats are going to look at all our game tape, but there is always additional weight and attention on more recent games.

I still think we won't pull it out heavily until mid-game after we get the ends patterning on Lynch, but I do expect to see it more this game.

- bsd

bigskydoc

Reaction score
And as for superstitions, after starting to participate in game day chat in week 5, I decided to stop in week 11.

We are undefeated since

You're welcome.

- bsd

idahohawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":ivcbryy6 said:
I truly believe that the Hawks were keeping the RO under wraps last week, to save it for the Superb Owl, and only pulled it out at the end when it became necessary to use it to win. This was partly to protect Russ and partly to keep it out of sight, out of mind for the Pats game planners.

Granted, the Pats are going to look at all our game tape, but there is always additional weight and attention on more recent games.

I still think we won't pull it out heavily until mid-game after we get the ends patterning on Lynch, but I do expect to see it more this game.

- bsd

I have wished this on previous occasions, but I'm afraid it isn't the case. There is no way they let the NFCCG get that out of hand before using it, just to conceal something for the Owl. That is a huge risk, if it were the case. I think they use it when they see the right tendencies and formations from the opposing defense. I don't buy the "saving it for ...." anymore.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The twelve flag is a big damn deal.

But what does the scarf say? That is really what matters.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
That is a mighty bold statement. If it turns out to be true, hope you had fun. If you are wrong, you'll have plenty of time to re-read it in the off-season.

I was never in the prediction game, and never really make predictions. I will say this, I don't know why, but I feel better for this SB than I have for all the others. That's not saying I'm taking Seattle lightly, I'm saying after what happened to the Patriots in first month, when everyone wrote them off and Trent Dilfer famously said "they're not that good anymore," I feel this year would be total heartbreak if they don't go all the way.

I watched the Green Bay/Seattle game, and that was a very hard hitting game, and a few players (some key players) are coming into this game dinged up. I know this is going to be another physical game. I think the Patriots know they need to win this game, certainly with all the other "stuff" floating around this post-season. If they win this game, I think that other stuff comes and goes.

All Patriots Super Bowls have been close. Extremely close. I hear people on Patriots radio predicting 40+ points in a Patriots win. The only way I see that would be for current injuries to be serious for Seattle and lots of turnovers. Like many Patriots games, this game may come down to the final quarter, possibly the final drives.

I think both of us (fans) will enjoy this game late into the game before we know an outcome.

Regardless, 30 other teams will be sitting at home just like us, watching this one. Let's all enjoy!

Mick063

Reaction score
I am very confident and it isn't whistling in the dark.

The team speed of the Seattle defense cannot be duplicated in practice and the LOB lives in the film room. Routes will be jumped.

Pats fans will be shocked at how quickly the defenders get to the ball and how well they tackle in the open field. They see it happen to other teams, but they just don't get it until they see it happen to them.

Blount was wrong. They are immortal.

You can't just throw a group of free agents together and call it the Legion of Boom. They will find out soon.