Current and Former Players on NFLN Like the Hawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been watching tons of the NFLN SBXLIX coverage this week and every single time I've watched a segment with a former or current player, when asked the question who do they think will win, it's Seattle every time.

More than any mediot, media face/personality...I tend to respect the actual player's opinions more since they are the ones playing the game. No this doesn't guarantee us anything, but I do believe it is a good indication of what the outcome most likely will be.

These ain't your grandpa's Seahawks folks. We have the NFL's attention as one of the greatest defenses, and one of the newest elite teams in the NFL.

My how far this team has come since Ken Behring.

salamander

Reaction score
Its funny... It was the same way last year...the players picked the Hawks, the talking heads picked the Broncos. You think those talking heads would have learned.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we say it over and over. You don't get the real feel for what you're up against with Seattle just from game film. Nobody really knows until they actually play us. Any player that has played against us would probably fall into line.

Well, unless they're currently playing for the Pats. :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":38hohr0c said:
Willie and Heath picked against New England?

Heath said he favors the patriots, but he thinks the Seahawks will win the game.

I haven't heard an actual pick from Willie, but I seem to remember someone asking him in a group setting where everyone pretty much laughed it off and he didn't make a pick but it was clear that he's a Patriot through and through.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
For some unknown reason, with all evidence over the years showing that great defenses USUALLY neutralize a great offense, they (mediots) still go with the offense. Why don't they listen to what the actual players and coaches say is beyond me. I guess it's just 'cause they like the flashy offenses... So sorry to disappoint them Sunday...

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Both Jay Feely and Calais Campbell picked the Patriots.

Smellyman

Reaction score
jason Taylor picked the Pats and said it would be a blowout like what Seattle did to Denver.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Mean Joe Greene likes the Seahawks.

I would think many former players over 50 have a soft spot for Seattle, we play old school. We have a running back with an old soul.

grizbob

Reaction score
I like it :th2thumbs:

But it doesn't sedate the butterflies wafting in my gut :180670:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Smellyman":d2ur3fas said:
jason Taylor picked the Pats and said it would be a blowout like what Seattle did to Denver.

Someone should tell him to watch some Seahawks games and find out the last time they were blown out.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sandiego and Dallas sure felt like blowouts. We can be beaten if we fail to bring our A game. I'm certain Belicheat will have something special devised just for us. Question is... What will we have to surprise him?

kidhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1iwdjzml said:
Aros":1iwdjzml said:
I've been watching tons of the NFLN SBXLIX coverage this week and every single time I've watched a segment with a former or current player, when asked the question who do they think will win, it's Seattle every time.

More than any mediot, media face/personality...I tend to respect the actual player's opinions more since they are the ones playing the game. No this doesn't guarantee us anything, but I do believe it is a good indication of what the outcome most likely will be.

These ain't your grandpa's Seahawks folks. We have the NFL's attention as one of the greatest defenses, and one of the newest elite teams in the NFL.

My how far this team has come since Ken Behring.

This will be our third Superbowl trip in 10 years. Think of that. I realize we seem like a million miles away from Holmgren's Seahawks, but going to 30% of the championship games in a decade is pretty damned impressive.

Before that we were one of a handful of teams to never go to a super bowl, and we now have been to more than over half the league. We've come a long ways thanks to Holmgren and Carroll

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I don't follow the Vegas odds, but I would bet that Seahawk's become favorite before the weekend, if it hasn't happened already.

Lots of bad mojo happening for the Pats.
The deflated balls distraction.
The snowstorm causing fans to sell off tickets because they can't or don't want to leave their home to the storm.
Brady fighting a bad cold.
Stubhub reporting 20% sales to WA, 7% to NE.
That computer simulation showing hawks win over 57% of the time

irocdave

Reaction score
Wasn't but a couple years ago ex NFL players didn't give the Hawks a shot at winning any game. And we all called them the same things were calling the non players / talking heads or anyone else not picking the Hawks. I love it though, never thought I would see the day the Hawks got the lions share of the love / respect from the NFL media machine.

kearly

Reaction score
Been listening to various national radio shows, TV programs, and written media coverage. Almost every single one of them says they expect a close game, then adds that they think the Patriots will win. Every single time. I haven't heard anyone pick Seattle yet. And when pressed for reasoning, all I hear is the same stuff people said when picking Manning last year.

I think the Championship round is having a big impact here. If Seattle had rolled Green Bay and Tom Brady had survived four picks to squeak by Indy, everyone would be lining up to put money on Seattle. Most people have very little football knowledge, which is why Pete Prisco is thought of like a god at CBS, because he at least attempts to use finer details to support his preconceived notions. I heard CBS's Will Brinson on the radio yesterday and he made Prisco sound like a genius in comparison.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Well former and current players all say revis > sherman but that doesn't stop you people from thinking otherwise.

Zybot

Reaction score
sutz":3skw9lig said:
Well, we say it over and over. You don't get the real feel for what you're up against with Seattle just from game film. Nobody really knows until they actually play us. Any player that has played against us would probably fall into line.

Well, unless they're currently playing for the Pats. :)
Yep. It's like fighting Mike Tyson in his prime. Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.