Marshawn may be that fuel the send the Seahawks over the top

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
After watching the Hawk replies on what the NFL is doing to Marshawn I felt that they will be even more primed to go lay it on NE to have Marshawn 's back. You can see it to the man that they do not think it is right and I take ADB's word that they will try to get Beast Mode the MVP.

I expect a huge dose of a very inspired Beast Mode come Sunday. I think this will be even more of a chip that this team like than anyone thinks.

Nothing feel better than trying to stick it to "the man" when you can.

Dang I wish it was Sunday.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Before you guys get too excited about Beast Mode, by my quick calculations on the ESPN.com stats site, for rushing defenses in 2014, Seattle only played 3 teams in the top 10- Denver (2), San Fran (7) and Cowboys (8). Seattle lost to the Cowboys. They played six teams ranked 16th or worse in total rush defense.

Now, the Patriots ranked 9th in rush defense. So I'm not too worried about Lynch going crazy running the ball. If Lynch isn't having success, I think the Patriots put themselves in a great position to keep Wilson in check. If Jamie Collins is spying Wilson, and we get even a basic rush, and good protection down field, it could be a long day for Wilson.

I think Seattle will certainly try to get a ground game going early. That will be an early test to see how this game shapes up. If Brady and Wilson are going to get in a throwing duel, I'll put my money on Brady any day, and that's only if Blount doesn't get some good yardage on his own. Patriots have been good with mobile quaterbacks this year, so I'm not really worried at all about Wilson. I'm more worried about giving him too much time, and maybe getting some holding calls late in the play.

The first quarter will tell a lot. If Lynch is held to little yards, could be a long day. If Brady is hurried and forcing his throws, could be a long day for him as well. After the first quarter, I think we'll pretty much have each offense set and know what they are going to try for the duration.

chris98251

Reaction score
furi0usbee":6zwy4b55 said:
Before you guys get too excited about Beast Mode, by my quick calculations on the ESPN.com stats site, for rushing defenses in 2014, Seattle only played 3 teams in the top 10- Denver (2), San Fran (7) and Cowboys (8). Seattle lost to the Cowboys. They played six teams ranked 16th or worse in total rush defense.

Now, the Patriots ranked 9th in rush defense. So I'm not too worried about Lynch going crazy running the ball. If Lynch isn't having success, I think the Patriots put themselves in a great position to keep Wilson in check. If Jamie Collins is spying Wilson, and we get even a basic rush, and good protection down field, it could be a long day for Wilson.

I think Seattle will certainly try to get a ground game going early. That will be an early test to see how this game shapes up. If Brady and Wilson are going to get in a throwing duel, I'll put my money on Brady any day, and that's only if Blount doesn't get some good yardage on his own. Patriots have been good with mobile quaterbacks this year, so I'm not really worried at all about Wilson. I'm more worried about giving him too much time, and maybe getting some holding calls late in the play.

The first quarter will tell a lot. If Lynch is held to little yards, could be a long day. If Brady is hurried and forcing his throws, could be a long day for him as well. After the first quarter, I think we'll pretty much have each offense set and know what they are going to try for the duration.

So tell me about all these mobile QB's you have played against?

Exittium

Reaction score
furi0usbee":1iw4gti6 said:

:187734:

Thanks for that laugh

ps Pats suck vs the run, and have sucked vs mobile QBs .. not that they've played any this year, in their weak, laughable division.. and at this rate conference

:stirthepot: :snack:

Mojambo

Reaction score
furi0usbee":1kddl0no said:
After the first quarter, I think we'll pretty much have each offense set and know what they are going to try for the duration.

If you think that the Seahawks are going to be the same team in the 4th quarter that they were in the first quarter then you you simply haven't watched very many Seahawks games.

Alexander

Reaction score
furi0usbee":1crc416s said:

By DVOA, the Seahawks played 7 teams that defended the run better than the Patriots (14th): Oakland, San Francisco (x2), Washington, Arizona (x2), Philadelphia, St. Louis (x2), and Denver.

In those 10 games, they rushed for 1694 yards on 349 carries, for a healthy 4.85 YPC. And by DVOA they were one of the best rushing offenses of the last 25 years.

So you should be worried about Lynch (and Wilson) going crazy running the ball. Doesn't mean it will happen, but in a battle against two very good teams, the Seahawks rush offense against the Patriots rush defense is arguably the biggest mismatch on either side of the ball.

marko358

Reaction score
furi0usbee":kazsuh2b said:

You obviously don't follow the Seahawks. Lynch has been invisible in the first half of some games and wound up with incredible totals by the end of the game. So no, the first quarter may not tell us anything about what kind of day Lynch will have.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
chris98251":2x41jkti said:
furi0usbee":2x41jkti said:

So tell me about all these mobile QB's you have played against?

Well, Flacco and Luck (in the playoffs) for starters. With Wilson, that makes 3 QBs in playoffs that can make yards out of the pocket on the ground.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2kybkeif said:
Wow, you guys better hope Lynch gets some big time yards.
Why? If the Pats make it their focus to stop Lynch, it will open other opportunities.

This still applies this year: We got some dawgs.
[youtube]Hf4mEZE2sQ8[/youtube]

Largent80

Reaction score
We hear the same rhetoric week in, week out, year after year.

You cannot just focus on one player thinking that by doing that you will force another player to beat you.

Wilson just had his worst game, most likely in his whole career, yet Seattle still won.

If your WHOLE defense does not play as a team vs. this offense, the scoreboard isn't going to be friendly to you.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Your logic is astounding... What running qbs have you played and done well with?
Your reply is Joe Flacco, Andrew luck, and Wilson?
First of all you have not yet played Wilson this year, let alone contained him.
Secondly Wilson is in a different league then those guys. Joe Flacco has 631 yards vs Wilson with 849...
Of course that's Joe's total for 8 year's of play, vs this year from Wilson.
Joe has 70 yards this year rushing vs Wilson's 849.
This year luck has 237 yards rushing vs Wilson's 849.

Nice try. You have no idea what going to happen to your team.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Anybody who compares Luck's/Flacco's "mobility" to Wilson's "mobility" hasn't watched much football, and likely to be more intrigued by what attire the players are wearing when they get off the plane than the actual game itself.

8a2ef0049ff6fd16265e1d5424b6f416.gif

bigskydoc

Reaction score
furi0usbee":25cnrz7x said:
chris98251":25cnrz7x said:
Well, Flacco and Luck (in the playoffs) for starters. With Wilson, that makes 3 QBs in playoffs that can make yards out of the pocket on the ground.

1111.gif

Let's look at a few stats shall we?

Ngszohu

In the same 3 year career, Wilson has twice as many yards as Luck. He has as many yards in 3 seasons as Rodgers in 10, and 3 times as many as Flacco in his 7 years.

Wilson's 849 yards rushing this season ranks him as 16th for all players in the NFL. The only other 2 QBs in the top 40 are Kaepernick at 27th and Newton at 34th.

In terms of net expected points, he is the highest by a LARGE margin

NLtfIq2

Not saying that he is definitely going to go off in this game, though he probably will. Just saying you haven't seen anything quite like him yet, and comparing him to Flacco?

818.gif

- bsd RPA

ivotuk

Reaction score
furi0usbee":3j8jg69h said:

Now, the Patriots ranked 9th in rush defense. So I'm not too worried about Lynch going crazy running the ball. If Lynch isn't having success, I think the Patriots put themselves in a great position to keep Wilson in check. If Jamie Collins is spying Wilson, and we get even a basic rush, and good protection down field, it could be a long day for Wilson..

They rank so high in rushing stats because opposing teams were always throwing the ball, trying to catch up. So that stat means very little.

Seattle on the other hand played some very good running teams, and run stopping teams, so the stats there are legit.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, one of the oddities here is that when teams play Seattle, they end up with run defenses that get really tried, and that skews the statistics. I think some of the run defenses we've played have been in the top five, but we put 150+ up on them between Marshawn and Russell and so they slip into the next tier and don't look as good on paper. Conversely the Patriots haven't played many teams with a strong rushing attack, so their rush defense looks better than it really is.

dradee

Reaction score
furi0usbee":384ytoxp said:
Wow, you guys better hope Lynch gets some big time yards.

Your Patsies barely scraped by the Jets twice this year, the Jets are the poor mans version of Seattle.

Your wake up call is gonna be alarming!

OP
OP
EntiatHawk

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I cannot wait for Sunday. The Pats are a good team but I think we will see what we always see. The first half the runs are 1 to 3 yrds and a pile of dust then in the second half they start to be 5 to 10 yrds with a couple of big runs.

THe best thing that could happen to the this team is the Green Bay game and the crap the NFL is trying to pull on Marshawn.

Remember everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth ;)