The Seahawks

LTH

Reaction score
Ive been following the Seahawks for many years now....The ups.... Like the last two seasons... The feeling when Holmgren first came to town... The downs..... The loss in the SB to Pittsburg... the stupidity in the loss of Hutch with the franchise tag...

No matter how bad a week ya had... there is always Sunday and the Seahawks! For that I am appreiciative... No matter what happens in the coming SB, This team has given us such major Joy! The Seahawks have been and they are a big part of our community... Its one of the few things that bring our City together in solidarity...Thats really special and I am apreiciative...

LTH

morgulon1

Reaction score
It actually is true for the entire state and PNW. Seahawk mania is alive and well as long as theyre winning. But back to your post, I'm thankful and no matter what happens, I'll always love my team.

Theyre going to win btw....

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought this was as good a place as any.

Found this interesting little inside snippet that gives you an idea of the competitive nature that our current coach has.

2008: "23 Reasons a Profile of Pete Carroll Does Not Appear in this Space" by J.R. Moehringer

19. TO WRITE A PROFILE THAT'S ACCURATE, I'D BE OBLIGATED TO DESCRIBE A BIZARRE AND HUMILIATING CONTEST OF WILLS BETWEEN THE COACH AND ME

Carroll is part camel. It's the only explanation. After a morning of meetings, followed by a speech to a booster group, we return to campus. It's unseasonably warm. I fantasize about a dozen glasses of cool water lined up before me. Looking at my watch, I calculate 18 hours since he's ingested any type of liquid. I couldn't be more parched if I were trailing around after T.E. Lawrence. I mention my ravenous, desperate thirst to Carroll. He sighs, guides me to a minifridge in the assistant coaches' locker room, grabs me a cold Gatorade. My mouth waters as start to unscrew the cap.

Aren't you going to have one? I ask.

Nah.

Really?

I hesitate.

Well, I say, I'm not having one until you do. I set down the Gatorade.

He warns me not to make it a competition. If I make it a competition, he'll die before he takes another drink. (Later he explains it this way: "What I am is a competitor. That's what I am. My whole life, everything I can ever remember, I've been competitive-competitive for friendships, competitive for love, competitive for sports, competitive for heroship, competitive for everything and battling for everything. When I throw my gum away, I'm trying to land it on the line.") Clearly I don't want to get into a thirst-off with this man. Nothing good can come of that. I take a sip of Gatorade. The cool orange flavor runs down the back of my throat, and I almost weep with pleasure.

That night I get a text message. I don't recognize the number. But it doesn't take long to figure out who it's from.

still haven't had anything to drink.

Compete, compete comPete!