Yards per play stats

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I was looking at some per play stats and I figured I would pass them along. Seattle is atleast a half yard better in all stats, including passing yards per play.

Rushing Offense
Seattle has averaged 5.2 yards per rush attempt on the season.
NE has averaged 3.9 yards per rush attempt.

Passing offense
Seattle has averaged 7.3 yards per pass attempt.
NE has averaged 6.8 yards per pass attempt.

Rushing Defense
Seattle has given up 3.6 yards per rush attempt.
NE has given up 4.1 yards per rush attempt.

Passing defense
Seattle has given up 5.8 yards per pass attempt.
NE has given up 6.5 yards per pass attempt.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Those per play numbers don't make good headlines or allow mediots to spew their leanings and still sound smart so they will never be used.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rideaducati":hq0xnzb0 said:
Those per play numbers don't make good headlines or allow mediots to spew their leanings and still sound smart so they will never be used.
Of course not. The media guys are still trying to argue that the Hawks can't stop the Pats because in week 2 Gates had a big day. Along with referring to the GB game. Because that is so typical of Seattle.

No one ever says that the Pats lost to Miami in week one or that KC pounded the crap out of them. No... they say that KC beat the Hawks in a game the Hawks led late.

Yep. How could Seattle possibly beat the Pats? Brady has been to the Super Bowl 5 times!

byau

Reaction score
And without checking, I would also guess we got those stats against better defenses than the Pats. At the very least, playing our division twice is a ringer to go through for any offense.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Because it's a misleading stat. The patriots have been in blowout games where stats can get grey all that really matters is pts per game

kidhawk

Reaction score
Points per game isn't only about how many points you score, but how many you give up. The point differential is nearly exactly opposite for these two teams, meaning that they each score about 10 points per game more than they give up. This stat would say it's going to be a very close game.

I think the rushing statistic is slightly misleading as the patriots run game has gotten better after signing Blount. Where we do excel in rushing is the fact that we have Wilson who averages almost 10 yards per carry.

I made a side by side player comparison of some offensive stats here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107280

idahawks

Reaction score
And we had a tougher schedule. I think we had the 3rd toughest schedule and Pats were like 11th?

Pats have some weapons and some good strengths, you can argue in some positions and areas they are better. But any real statistical analysis you look at we always come out on top. Overall we are better and should be favored by 2-6 points. I'm surprised how many media and former players are picking the against us. Not as many as last year but still quite a few.

If we show up and play well, and play with the urgency and huger we showed last year I think we'll win by 14+. If we have a flat first half, like we often do, and make a few errors (turnovers, dropped balls, sacks) it will be close and we will need some big plays at the end to win.

Either way I like our odds.