Estimate Hawks fans at SB.

StoneCold

Reaction score
There are 72k seats approx. What percentage will be occupied by screaming Hawk Fans? How many will we need to make enough noise to affect the game?

I wish I had a cool hat to give away and make this a contest, but I'm just forum posting loser. :)

SC

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I watched a podcast of a New England guy at the media day and he said the hawk fans were loud as S#@$@#.

We always have a good showing in zona, I feel we'll have the majority, like last year in NY. And like the stealers had against us in Det.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There will still be a lot of neutral fans like in any Super Bowl. My guess is something like 40% neutral, 40% Seahawks, 20% Patriots. We've made a lot of noise the last couple of times in ARI with <10% fans, so noise should be significant in this game.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":1uu5ln7k said:
There are 72k seats approx. What percentage will be occupied by screaming Hawk Fans? How many will we need to make enough noise to affect the game?

I wish I had a cool hat to give away and make this a contest, but I'm just forum posting loser. :)

SC

Capacity is 63,400

I know allegedly they require 72k to host a super bowl, but I can't see how they can add 8,600 temporary seats.

AgentDib

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3asrb6ie said:
StoneCold":3asrb6ie said:

SC

Capacity is 63,400

I know allegedly they require 72k to host a super bowl, but I can't see how they can add 8,600 temporary seats.
Actually it probably wouldn't be tough if they put bleachers on the normally empty side that the field slides through. The 100 level is like a big bowl but then there's a ton of empty space in the 300 level area (well they do have that air siren thing).

253hawk

Reaction score
Attendance at XLII (Giants/Pats) was 71K something, so they'll probably use that configuration again; not 63K. The thousands of dollars per seat the tix are going for times 8000 is a lot of damn money.

This will probably be like XL was for Stooler fans. There's a pretty good social pipeline between the PNW and Arizona, plus all of the Seattle retirees and fair-weather sunbirds that live down there. I'd be surprised if the Seahawks presence isn't at least 65/35.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Well 7 of us are in an RV bound for the game. Just passed Eugene, so at least 7 of us will be loud :)

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Looking at the crowds on TV that are behind the announcers, etc. it looks about even Seahawks to Patriots, with a healthy dose of Cardinals red. Hopefully the 'Hawks fans are just arriving later since it's a relatively short trip down to AZ.

I wonder if there will be many Cards fans at the game... Okay, question for everyone: If the Super Bowl was held in Seattle and the Seahawks weren't in it, would you go? If so, would you cheer for the NFC because it's our division, or against the NFC because you're feeling salty since that team beat us? Or would you just watch passively?

253hawk

Reaction score
I'd attend the 'experience' (not the SB itself) and cheer against whichever team I hated more. Really depends who's in it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":r0e38at2 said:
Looking at the crowds on TV that are behind the announcers, etc. it looks about even Seahawks to Patriots, with a healthy dose of Cardinals red. Hopefully the 'Hawks fans are just arriving later since it's a relatively short trip down to AZ.

I've heard quite a few analysts say that they've seen way more Hawk fans so far at all the media events than Pats. But who knows, could be just a bunch of late comers.

Patriots have a huge fan following, so I expect it to be pretty even.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":uqgwb6rg said:

I wonder if there will be many Cards fans at the game... Okay, question for everyone: If the Super Bowl was held in Seattle and the Seahawks weren't in it, would you go? If so, would you cheer for the NFC because it's our division, or against the NFC because you're feeling salty since that team beat us? Or would you just watch passively?

I wouldn't go, too expensive, would possibly watch for the commercials.

SC

Cad

Reaction score
The word a few days ago was that ticket sales were going 5:1 to Seahawks fans on Stubhub.

Barthawk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3i0tkwem said:

I would sell my ticket to the highest bidder and root like hell against an any NFCW team.

kearly

Reaction score
AgentDib":1ulys804 said:
There will still be a lot of neutral fans like in any Super Bowl. My guess is something like 40% neutral, 40% Seahawks, 20% Patriots. We've made a lot of noise the last couple of times in ARI with <10% fans, so noise should be significant in this game.

I see it the same way, and I kinda think the neutral part will lean Seattle's way. Seattle is the fun team, and all the energy in the building will be going their way. Plus I think some of the ultra fairweather fans will root against the Pats for being cheaters, kinda like how a lot of presidential election voters will vote for a candidate for one tiny little reason or because they don't like his opponent for some tiny little reason.

Pats fans are infamous for being low-key even at home games and don't travel as well as they should. Unless the Patriots give their fans a ton to cheer for I'm not expecting much noise from their side.

OrFan

Reaction score
tacomahawk":3cojjtu3 said:
Well 7 of us are in an RV bound for the game. Just passed Eugene, so at least 7 of us will be loud :)

Where is the "like" button?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I still say that in December we were approximately 30% or more. and there was a lot of noise. If it gets to 50 or even 60%...there will be too much noise for anything but hand calls.

stack600

Reaction score
OrFan":1p6vkam7 said:
tacomahawk":1p6vkam7 said:

Where is the "like" button?

:13: :th2thumbs: :179422: :fam: :retard_clap: :thumbup: Rep Good U Lucky. really have fun and be LOUD & PROUD
GO HAWKS!!!
my guess 35,000 Loud 12s or 50%

BlueBlood

Reaction score
tacomahawk":3gp7a7hr said:

God what an effing good time!! Good on you that sounds like an absolute blast!!! Awesome!