So much for "deflategate"

PowerRun

Reaction score
Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Blandino said the referee does not log the PSI during the pregame ball check. They're either approved or disapproved.
https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/560903328268169216

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin
Blandino says that the NFL believes that the footballs were properly inflated and tested by Walt Anderson
https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/560897389293469696

Ben VolinVerified account
‏@BenVolin
Blandino also said he was not told anything about deflated footballs in the Nov 16 game.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think this is the third time a Patriots fan has come on here just to announce that Deflate-Gate is officially dead.

OP
OP
P

PowerRun

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ouu3lm2 said:
Those are about November 16. What in there proves that the are about the AFCCG?

Only the last tweet was about Nov 16.

The others were about AFCCG.

Laloosh

Reaction score
jkitsune":2mfyq3ch said:
I think this is the third time a Patriots fan has come on here just to announce that Deflate-Gate is officially dead.

It's hilarious. Maybe they will have something to cheer about even after another loss in the SB.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Well, I, for one, am convinced. It would be impossible to read these tweets as Blandino covering the refs against charges of incompetence - thus shifting all blame to the Patriots - so I cannot do anything other than accept these dispoofs as laid out by NE fans. Hallelujah, my eyes have finally been opened.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jkitsune":gleo65c5 said:

It proves that they are worried about losing so they want to try and make Seahawks fans nervous. But with a defense like ours, there's little to worry about.

Seahawks defense has shut down, and absolutely beat up some very good teams who subsequently lost the next week.

Over the past 2 years, the defense has even ended playoff hopes for some teams.

Bprez3

Reaction score
PowerRun":2hhig4l8 said:
Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Blandino said the referee does not log the PSI during the pregame ball check. They're either approved or disapproved.
https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/560903328268169216

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin
Blandino says that the NFL believes that the footballs were properly inflated and tested by Walt Anderson
https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/560897389293469696

Ben VolinVerified account
‏@BenVolin
Blandino also said he was not told anything about deflated footballs in the Nov 16 game.

Phew! As a Seahawks fan on a Seahawks message board I was really worried how this would effect the team I follow and its legacy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
All these say is that the balls were approved by the refs prior to the game, it doesn't explain how 11 of 12 balls magically lost exactly 2 lbs of PSI each by the time they got to the field two hours later.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Post whatever you need on here to help you sleep at night Pats fans. The rest of the world knows that Belichick has never won a title without cheating, and cheating will always be a huge part of his legacy. Deflate gate only adds to it.

OP
OP
P

PowerRun

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":354h8kmz said:
All these say is that the balls were approved by the refs prior to the game, it doesn't explain how 11 of 12 balls magically lost exactly 2 lbs of PSI each by the time they got to the field two hours later.

Read them again.

The first one clearly states that refs do not log the PSI. So we have no idea what the PSI was during and immediately after the refs checked the balls. They were just approved for play.

Therefore, you also can't say how many lbs of PSI were lost.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qqra32gh said:

Same thing I thought. Disproves nothing. I say screw deflate gate. Let them inflate to whatever they like. They are still going to get the crap knocked out of them.

SC

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
PowerRun":kn9nibxk said:
Sgt. Largent":kn9nibxk said:

Read them again.

The first one clearly states that refs do not log the PSI. So we have no idea what the PSI was during and immediately after the refs checked the balls. They were just approved for play.

OK. I'll bite.

If the refs approved the balls without measuring PSI, then the Patriot's still broke the rules by giving them balls to approve that weren't legal. Either way, it looks bad for you.

This version makes the refs look bad as well, I'll give you that. But the league still needs to get to the bottom of how the balls in the first half weren't legal.

Frankly I don't really care anymore. This whole thing has sucked some of the fun right out of the SB, a time when we should be talking about my team.

One thing we all know for sure, it's going to go back to the way it was which is the league provides the balls.

OP
OP
P

PowerRun

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1kya44d7 said:
PowerRun":1kya44d7 said:
Sgt. Largent":1kya44d7 said:

Read them again.

OK. I'll bite.

If the refs approved the balls without measuring PSI, then the Patriot's still broke the rules by giving them balls to approve that weren't legal. Either way, it looks bad for you.

This version makes the refs look bad as well, I'll give you that. But the league still needs to get to the bottom of how the balls in the first half weren't legal.

Frankly I don't really care anymore. This whole thing has sucked some of the fun right out of the SB, a time when we should be talking about my team.

One thing we all know for sure, it's going to go back to the way it was which is the league provides the balls.

It doesn't make the Pats look bad at all. Read the rule book. The onus is 100% on the officials to make sure the balls are properly inflated and approved for play.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9r3zoeo9 said:
PowerRun":9r3zoeo9 said:
Sgt. Largent":9r3zoeo9 said:

Read them again.

OK. I'll bite.

A lot of splitting hairs about the refs' responsibility here. I posted a link to a video in one of the other threads that showed how simple and informal the process is (and should be if nobody's inflating balls with hot air). It's not difficult to put a gauge on the ball and if it's not in the proper range either inflate it until it is, or deflate it until it is. They don't have someone saying "the team wants it at [insert number] psi". They make sure it's in the range and then set it down next to the others.

I don't care what the refs did or didn't record. They have no dog in this fight and they aren't defusing a bomb. It's simple, straight forward and requires a faulty gauge (which is supposed to be provided by the home team) in order to screw it up.

[youtube]Ah33J3x_250[/youtube]

I'll give the video it's own thread so the Pats fans can stop whining about the process itself.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
PowerRun":39uhnmmw said:
Sgt. Largent":39uhnmmw said:

Read them again.

So the balls were found to be about 10-11 psi. So for 12.5 limit that is about 2 psi under deflated. So your suggesting the refs may have approved them at 14 psi and the Patriots deflated up to 4 psi? Because if they were approved by referees they were within the approved range.

You aren't helping your team

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
If this was the case, I doubt the NFL would be in the middle of their biggest investigation since Bountygate.

Unless this is a new narrative.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkMeat":2wjxwjaf said:
PowerRun":2wjxwjaf said:
Sgt. Largent":2wjxwjaf said:

Read them again.

So the balls were found to be about 10-11 psi. So for 12.5 limit that is about 2 psi under deflated. So your suggesting the refs may have approved them at 14 psi and the Patriots deflated up to 4 psi? Because if they were approved by referees they were within the approved range.

You aren't helping your team

He's not saying this, he's saying the Pat's are absolved of the entire thing because the refs never measured the PSI, they just approved the balls sight unseen.

But that's not going to be good enough for the league office. They're still going to look for evidence of tampering. So yeah, if all the video camera evidence and interviews come up empty, the Pats might walk. But just because the refs never officially measured the PSI's doesn't mean other evidence won't implicate everyone involved.

Either way, the court of public opinion has spoken. 11 of 12 balls magically missing 2 lbs of PSI = guilty.

It's like Bonds never being convicted of steroid use, or Rapelessberger paying off waitresses........the rest of the sports world knows you're slimy cheaters.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Yet another thread that only an insecure cheater would make.

Thanks for coming by cheaters.