Looking at this game as a pats fan

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Let me start by saying these are by far the best two teams in the league and I expect a hell of a game.

Patriots o vs Hawks d- I think the patriots need to establish the run. If they don't it will get ugly quick. They will not win this game with brady throwing 35 times. After watching lots of seattles all 22 I expect t them to use very little cover 1 and stay with their bread and butter cover 3/inverted cover2. The patriots love using rub routes and picks which vs seattles big dbs could be s recipe for disaster in man. I expect the patriots to attack (don't hate what I'm going to say) kam and Irvin. From what I've seen these two are really the only ones in that defense that make mistakes and take bad angles. Tho seattle doesn't blitz much I excoect them to blitz even less. Brady is deadly vs the blitz. If the Hawks can get pressure with the front 4 they will win. If brady has as much time as rodgers had they will have a tough time. On paper the packers have far superior receivers (and they are in talent as well) but the patriots offense is all option routes that will find holes given time. Aside from running the ball the pats will need to at least attempt to stretch the field. Not that I think they will find much success with it but sending lafell down the sideline vs maxwell is a necessity. If they fail to do this seattle will creep into their inverted cover 2 where earl doesn't respect the deep middle. When they get in this zone its RIP. I also believe that they highlight their backers drops around gronk and don't see him having big number but still having a big impact on the game. Also their trickery offense will not work against Seattle. They are as disciplined in coverage as it gets and will identify a lot faster than the idiots in Baltimore so I don't see this being a factor.

Hawks o vs pats d- this is a much simpler matchup but very intriguing. It will all come down to winning individual match ups. Sea will have to run the ball with Russ and beast. Ne knows it and I expect them to play primarily man with mccourty single high shaded opposite of wherever revis is with Chung in the box. There will be a spy on every play and ideally the patriots would like it to be collins. The issue I see here is he is their best coverage linebacker. And quite frankly better in coverage than Chung. Bellichick will disguise the spy and the robber a lot. The patriots d is discipline and don't expect them to crash on the option but they must let it know it's there. The seahawks must test browner due to the fact that he's guaranteed atleast one pi call. If the Hawks are able to get their zone run going they win. If vince and co get penetration and this game comes down to the Hawks receivers making plays I give them no shot.

I do not see special teams having any type of influence unless there is a muff punt.

In conclusion I feel like this game will come down to whoever has the ball last

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
I apologize for any typos I have fat fingers and I'm writing this on my phone

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":19ioz345 said:
Let me start by saying these are by far the best two teams in the league and I expect a hell of a game.

I would disagree with this. Much like last year, I think the two best teams in the league played in the NFCCG.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Bitter":3dla1gi3 said:
Strongarm2399":3dla1gi3 said:

I would disagree with this. Much like last year, I think the two best teams in the league played in the NFCCG.

lol sf and kaepernick. I'll respectfully disregard your opinion

stack600

Reaction score
Fairly good gameplan breakdown. U have done ur homework. Except I disagree on the ST aspect. I kind of see field position and the punt game and since it is Arizona and the roof will be open so no weather to deal with. With these Defence's it might come down to a FG or 2. JMHO

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
stack600":1hnxfinp said:
Fairly good gameplan breakdown. U have done ur homework. Except I disagree on the ST aspect. I kind of see field position and the punt game and since it is Arizona and the roof will be open so no weather to deal with. With these Defence's it might come down to a FG or 2. JMHO

I meant that I think both special teams will do their job. Don't see any big returns don't see any missed gimmes or blocks

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3l22c2hr said:
Bitter":3l22c2hr said:
Strongarm2399":3l22c2hr said:

lol sf and kaepernick. I'll respectfully disregard your opinion

What does that have to do with this year? Also, I tried to read your analysis and what I got through seemed well thought out, but you need to break those paragraphs down a little more. I saw something shiny, ADD kicked in and I lost where I was at.

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
stack600":317lwnh0 said:

It could very well be a fairly low scoring defensive game. If so, the special teams will be critical.

I would say that there is at least a 60% chance that one or both of the teams will try a trick play, maybe on special teams.

stack600

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":1hhxf58y said:
stack600":1hhxf58y said:

I meant that I think both special teams will do their job. Don't see any big returns don't see any missed gimmes or blocks

Ok gotcha.

Gametime

Reaction score
Pretty decent analysis. Except the receivers of Seattle needing to make a play.....thats what they do. They look invisible until it counts most then land a Haymaker. Bevell sets it up all game then hits teams with it at the right moment. They are the definition of opportunistic. Ask Green Bay.

stack600

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":26zqytpt said:
stack600":26zqytpt said:

If Kam's got hops like Panther game there could be a block. That was the most awesome thing I saw all season :thirishdrinkers:

stack600

Reaction score
Gametime":2tfwgjq0 said:
Pretty decent analysis. Except the receivers of Seattle needing to make a play.....thats what they do. They look invisible until it counts most then land a Haymaker. Bevell sets it up all game then hits teams with it at the right moment. They are the definition of opportunistic. Ask Green Bay.
And damn good down field blockers, which they don't get much credit for.
GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Gametime":3fwyq5vy said:

Yea but the patriots will not be playing cover 0 with a Tramon williams caliber player

kearly

Reaction score
The Pats aren't going to run the ball, look at the 2nd half of the Baltimore game and that will give you an inkling of what Belichick is going to dial up. If I was a betting man I'd bet the over on Brady's pass attempts. I expect 50 or even 60 attempts in this game, almost all of them short.

The key for New England will be their efficiency on 3rd down. This is a very difficult way to beat Seattle, but it can be done if Brady plays a perfect game. Of course, it's really hard to throw that many passes and eliminate turnovers. Which btw, is exactly how the 2012 meeting went. Brady set a personal record for passes thrown in that game, and moved the ball well, but lost in large part because of turnovers.

New England's defense is very good at limiting the big play, but struggles at stopping the short ones. Gonna see a lot of 15 play drives in this game for both teams.

One of the reasons I think Seattle should be favored in this game is because both teams are going to run a lot of plays, but New England will be going through the air, Seattle on the ground. Turnover rates and negative play rates on pass attempts are much higher than they are for rushes.

Penalties for holding will be huge in this game. A 10 yard penalty on either of these offenses with their short yardage focus will likely lead to a punt.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
kearly":21ypb2g9 said:
The Pats aren't going to run the ball. If I was a betting man I'd bet the over on Brady's pass attempts. I expect 50 or even 60 attempts in this game, almost all of them short.

The key for New England will be their efficiency on 3rd down. This is a very difficult way to beat Seattle, but it can be done if Brady plays a perfect game. Of course, it's really hard to throw that many passes and eliminate turnovers. Which btw, is exactly how the 2012 meeting went. Brady set a personal record for passes thrown in that game, and moved the ball well, but lost in large part because of turnovers.

Then they will lose. There is no reason to get away from the run. 3rd down efficiency is obvious huge. But getting In manageable 3rd downs will have to come from running. I dont see seattle getting such a lead that ne will have to abandon the run

Mick063

Reaction score
Shane Vereen is the one player I fear most of the Pats. Of course if he is inserted the lineup, his mere presence may telegraph their intentions, but covering all the other receivers plus Vereen will stretch the Seattle coverage to it's limit. Absolutely no margin for error.

In my opinion, they could insert Vereen for the entirety of the game and throw delayed wheel routes all day long. Nickle and dime their way down the field. I haven't wrapped my head around how Seattle can stop it. Perhaps a second half adjustment would be to insert a dime package to counter when Vereen is in the game. Consider him to be an extra wide receiver (which he really is). I consider it the same as the Packers using Randall Cobb in the backfield.

The Patriots will have to make a few mistakes (penalties) to create predictable long yardage situations.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Mick063":k27t11l4 said:
Shane Vereen is the one player I fear most of the Pats. Of course if he is inserted the lineup, his mere presence may telegraph their intentions, but covering all the other receivers plus Vereen will stretch the Seattle coverage to it's limit.

In my opinion, they could insert Vereen for the entirety of the game and throw delayed wheel routes all day long. Nickle and dime their way down the field. I haven't wrapped my head around how Seattle can stop it. The Patriots will have to make a couple of mistakes (penalties) to create a predictable long yardage situations.

Meh he is weak between the tackles and overrated as a route runner and his hands are over rated ask well. He's also a liability in protection. If he's in the game more than blount that's a good sign for Hawks fans. For what it's worth vereen also doesn't seem to run the wheel to maxs side nearly as well as he does to sherms.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think Baldwin and Kearse will not be the two best WRs in this game for Seattle. This is the game where we see Lockette and Willson have better matchups and Russell will find them.

The Pats put Revis on the opposition's number two WR and double the number one with Browner. When they do this against Seattle, I think Seattle will respond by opening up the pass game. Seattle will get favorable matchups because both Lockette and Willson are faster than the guys that will be forced to cover them. If the Pats are forced to leave Browner alone with any of Seattle's WRs, he'll get in trouble.

I think this will be another 300+ yard passing game for Russell because Bill Belichick is pretty good at taking away the most dangerous aspect of the opposing offense and that would be Lynch according to EVERYONE. Too bad for the Pats that Russell is just as "DangeRuss".

Gametime

Reaction score
stack600":lb8umyys said:
Gametime":lb8umyys said:
And damn good down field blockers, which they don't get much credit for.
GO HAWKS!!!

Can't play in Seattle as a WR if you can't block. Period.