2013 vs 2014 Hawks, who's better?

2013 vs 2014 Hawks, who's better?

Votes: 20 71.4%

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
Very simple, which Hawk team is better 2013 or 2014. Make your pick.

kearly

Reaction score
Last year's team for sure, though this year's team had the best rush offense and rush defense in our team's history.

Last year it felt all year like Seattle stood tall over everyone else. This year it felt like Seattle stood just a little taller... kinda feels like Seattle's historic rush offense and a string of terrible opposing QBs helped mask some problems. 2014 is still great, but more flawed than 2013.

Smellyman

Reaction score
kearly":20xfy9i6 said:
Last year's team for sure, though this year's team had the best rush offense and rush defense in our team's history.

Last year it felt all year like Seattle stood tall over everyone else. This year it felt like Seattle stood just a little taller.

Hard to justify...No?

I probably feel the same way, but it is weird how the O and D are the best of all time but not as good?

Now if Mebane and/or Hill were healthy, I might say right now.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Smellyman":18ca2cod said:
kearly":18ca2cod said:

Last year it felt all year like Seattle stood tall over everyone else. This year it felt like Seattle stood just a little taller.

Hard to justify...No?

I probably feel the same way, but it is weird how the O and D are the best of all time but not as good?

Now if Mebane and/or Hill were healthy, I might say right now.

With losing as many players as we had in the offseason I don't know how we could be better this year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Overall, we were a deeper team last year.

That is most evident on the defensive line, where we had obscene depth in 2013 with Mebane, Clemons, Bryant, Hill, and McDonald to add to the rotation. The benefit to the defensive line this year was more reps for Bennett and Avril, which meant more outside pressure on the QB, but fewer sacks because of the lack of interior pressure to flush the QB outside.

The secondary was also a little stronger last year because it was relatively injury free.

The one defensive unit that has actually improved is LB. Wagner is playing at an even higher level than last year. Irvin is one of the most improved players on the team. And unlike last year, Wright is entering the Super Bowl in a healthy state.

On offense, I would argue that the offensive line has played better this year. Britt has been an upgrade as a run blocker over Giacomini and is a little better in pass pro than Bowie was. In addition, Sweezy has stepped up his game, paving some big holes for Beast Mode runs down the right side of the line.

Marshawn is Marshawn . . . his instincts keep getting better with age. He is also stronger and healthier going into this Super Bowl than he was last year after getting beat up in the NFC Championship.

However, the offense as a whole is probably not as consistent due to the losses of Golden Tate and Zach Miller. Both were excellent blockers and both served as safety valves for Russell Wilson. We missed their steady hands more than anything this year.

It's exciting to think about what could be in the 2015 season. With the pieces they already have in place, the addition of some key players like Mebane and Miller, and another year of added experience, 2015 has a good chance to be our best overall team ever. Things to address in the off season: depth at WR, OT, and DT.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The current win streak and statistics during the span means this team, this year is playing better than theyve played in franchise history.

The second half of this season we are better than we have ever been.

chawx

Reaction score
Talent-wise: 2013
Talent-wise with a healthy Hill/Mebane: Tie

Heart and Togetherness in the locker room: 2014

Overall: TBD (ask me on Monday)

Latest posts