Fire Bevell & Simon

Rat

Reaction score
I was impressed with Simon's resiliency after his rough start. I'm not down on him.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Isn't Simon a rookie? Kinda harsh considering who he was going against.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Simon is just overmatched against quick guys like Edelman. And he focuses on whining to the refs instead of improving his play, which I hate. He has potential, but not until he pulls his head out and puts in the work.

Simon is a douchebag because he's always whining to the refs for a bailout when it's his failure to read the situation and make the play. Watch a little more film, Simon. A little more humility too; you are NOT Richard Sherman, so put in the work to get closer to that standard, being able to back it up.

Hell, Simon, study some friggin film, like the NE DB Butler who knew what was coming and jumped the route.

Optimus25

Reaction score
olyfan63":1fm95rjb said:
Simon is just overmatched against quick guys like Edelman. And he focuses on whining to the refs instead of improving his play, which I hate. He has potential, but not until he pulls his head out and puts in the work.

Simon is a douchebag because he's always whining to the refs for a bailout when it's his failure to read the situation and make the play. Watch a little more film, Simon. A little more humility too; you are NOT Richard Sherman, so put in the work to get closer to that standard, being able to back it up.

i agree with this 100%. when he got torched against carolina he was looking for flags like an idiot. then he gets burned on the same play twice, only the first time brady couldn't even believe how open his receiver was so he missed the throw. simon has to go. there is no improvement to be made here. he defended one deep route. am i missing anything else positive?

Chawks1

Reaction score
He was playing it as he was coached. If you are an overmatched DB because you have a smaller quicker WR to cover then they needed to adjust his coverage to a tight press. Simon could easily have outmatched his assignments with contact at the line immediately. Brady would have had no choice but to look elesewhere. I don't know if that was Quinn's call or Kris Richard. They failed to adjust.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Simon can do OK against long, less quick receivers. Normally we would have Jeremy Lane in there, against guys like Edelman and Amendola, a much better matchup for us.

OP
OP
H

Hendo66

Reaction score
Seen enough of the "humble thug". Gets torched. Cannot be trusted to hold it down. Period........
Bevell/Carroll have no excuse for the play call to end the game. Beast Mode 2nd 3rd 4th down. WTF?????

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Simon is a bad matchup for any small quick WR like Edelman.

We win this game despite Simon's play if our OC doesn't go full (insert the blank) here.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1aijf3de said:
Simon is a bad matchup for any small quick WR like Edelman.

We win this game despite Simon's play if our OC doesn't go full (insert the blank) here.

so what about getting annihilated against carolina? exactly who can he guard?

endzorn

Reaction score
So our fourth string corner should be another Sherman? Simon isn't the best corner in football, but he doesn't suck either. New England got the mashups they wanted with quick receivers outside and they burned him. Jesus Christ. Is every player supposed to be Hall of Fame caliber? Can we appreciate that New England recognized the mismatch and tried to exploit it?

marko358

Reaction score
Wasn't Burley inactive? Would he have been a better option to cover the smaller shifty receivers?

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Don't be hating on Simon, we're going to have to rely on Simon and Lane next season because Maxwell is going to get paid as a #1 cornerback by some team and he will be gone.

OP
OP
H

Hendo66

Reaction score
If the Hawks are gonna rely on Simon they're in deep shit. Tonight wasn't the only game he got abused.......

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good point about Burley. Was he inactive for some reason? He likely would have been worlds better against Edelman and Amendola than Simon.

Seafan

Reaction score
Burley should have been active over Terrell.

Bevell should have asked Carroll about the play call. I applaud Carroll for taking the blame and not throwing his OC under the bus (like Devil did to Lockett) but it was a horrible play call. We all looked at each other and said the same thing "Why are we throwing it?" "Give it to Beast Mode".

Sarlacc will disagree but Bevell Sucks.

The first words from listeners this morning on Brock and Salk "Bevell Sucks!".

Bevell threw the San Diego game. Horrble game plan and horrible play calling.

Pete fired his first OC because he wouldn't run the ball. Why not Bevell?

You have the toughest runner in NFL history and you have the ball at the half yard line and you throw the fricken ball, that's the epitome of stupid.