Heartache.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the time I would make excuses but at the end of the day, the Patriots played good enough to win the game. Sure, it was a terrible call to throw a slant to Lockette on 2nd and goal. Why you don't hand it off to Lynch to secure back-to-back championships will forever boggle my mind. No matter who was at fault, or why that call was made, the Patriots won the game.

Time to focus on 2015.

Yeah, this sucks right now. All of our hearts sting. I feel bad for all my 12's and the players and coaches. Well, most of the coaches. This just shows how hard it is to win the big game once, let alone back-to-back. I am proud of my team.

I'm still numb right now and I have a boat load of TV to watch to really wrap my mind around that this season has ended in heartbreaking fashion, but I am still feeling very good about the state of our franchise.

Wilson is our franchise QB and will be locked in for many years this offseason. Lynch will likely sign the 10 million deal for this coming year and our defense will still remain as the best in the league, especially when we get all our guys back from injuries.

We were seconds away from being the first team in 10 years to win back-to-back championships and that hurts bad.

But I cannot ignore the fact that this team is setup for greatness for many years to come.

Chin up. This isn't our last chance at the big dance. We're just getting started.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am just in complete shock. The path to victory was so plain and obvious. Everyone saw it. The Patriots and their fans had already conceded defeat. The Hawks were on the verge of a legendary final drive ending in victory.

The future is bright, but we'll always look back on this one as the ring that got away.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":u95xvsit said:
The future is bright. And it does not include Darrell Bevell.

I refuse to type his name. He cost us a ring and then he throws Lockette under the bus? If he's not fired in the offseason I will be beyond disgusted.

theascension

Reaction score
Throwing lockette under the bus is truly unreal. I pray Lynch can stay.

Reaction score
I know we did have a lot of injuries that makes me feel a little better about our future but damn.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
That game was crazy and while I don't think I'll be really over it until the next season starts, they played well and I'm proud of their resilience.

Quinn is gone. Thanks for all the great work coach. Now is time for Richard to step up and fill his shoes. Hopefully he can pick up and improve on that magic.

We're going to have some difficult off-season decisions to make including finding a way to replace some Defensive depth including CB and S. Lane's broken arm tonight was really bad luck but he made an awesome play. We will need both him and Simon next year to step up big time.

That last play stings. As much as I would love to move on and think about the 2015 season and the hope it can bring, it is just too early.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":cdj0t79z said:
Best of all, Darrell Bevell will no longer be the offensive coordinator of this team in 2015.

I think he will be. What makes any of you believe PC is going to fire Bevell, he covered his butt after the most blatantly poor play call of all time.