Don't blame this on our DB's

chris98251

Reaction score
Our DB's had the physicality taken away and were mostly playing pure coverage, hurt shoulder, broken arm, a knee issue, hyperextended elbow. We made them play dink and dunk and be accurate, we pretty much limited the running game. The biggest problem I saw was time of possession, we could not run a series of controlling plays when we needed. Sure we had some deep plays to answer their scores, but the running game was there and we didn't take advantage of it to take time off the clock and limit the offense of the Patriots time on the field. Again that's on Bevell, he and Cable are good at design, but inconsistent and head scratchers at play calling many games. This being one of them.

pehawk

Reaction score
Word.

That defense gutted it out. All while Bevell seemingly chose go routes over clock all game long.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Lolz. The analysis of why we lost ended within seconds of that interception. Defense played a hell of a game considering the injuries.

theascension

Reaction score
Yeah D played with a lot of heart for all the injuries we battled through. We basically Green Bay'd it with conservative play calling after we were up 10 points. I was pretty mad. I mean common it's Tom Brady.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
For two weeks we new that they were going to dink, dunk, & Gronk us. I blame the staff though not the players. Still LOB was the second best DB group on the field today.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2z5fxmuq said:
For two weeks we new that they were going to dink, dunk, & Gronk us. I blame the staff though not the players. Still LOB was the second best DB group on the field today.

Actually not true in my opinion, how many deep balls were thrown on us, we allowed underneath routes to keep things in front of us. Brady had yards but a lot of them were run type passes for short yards. We played a controlled defense based on how our team was health wise.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought our defensive game plan was very poor. Everyone in the universe that has a football IQ higher than 75 knew that Brady would be passing 50 times in this game, and that nearly all of those passes would be slants and screens. The Broncos had this same game plan, really every elite QB against Seattle has this game plan. And Seattle usually stops it because Kam Chancellor gives WRs alligator arms.

Rattling WRs with big hits impacts the passing game a lot like getting hits on the QB, but Seattle punted this crucial advantage by having Chancellor spend most of the game in coverage on Gronk, which is in itself a terrible idea. I thought for sure this would be changed at halftime, but nope.

I thought the secondary was put in a ridiculously difficult situation and did alright considering. I put much more blame on the defensive game plan than the secondary.

And I don't want to deify Jordan Hill, but we missed him badly in the 2nd half when Brady kept stepping up in the pocket to make backbreaking plays. We didn't need a JJ Watt or Ndamukong Suh there. All we needed was a DT with some awareness and disengage skills.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
kearly":2thk9ja5 said:
I thought our defensive game plan was very poor. Everyone in the universe that has a football IQ higher than 75 knew that Brady would be passing 50 times in this game, and that nearly all of those passes would be slants and screens. The Broncos had this same game plan, really every elite QB against Seattle has this game plan. And Seattle usually stops it because Kam Chancellor gives WRs alligator arms.

Rattling WRs with big hits impacts the passing game a lot like getting hits on the QB, but Seattle punted this crucial advantage by having Chancellor spend most of the game in coverage on Gronk, which is in itself a terrible idea. I thought for sure this would be changed at halftime, but nope.

I thought the secondary was put in a ridiculously difficult situation and did alright considering. I put much more blame on the defensive game plan than the secondary.

And I don't want to deify Jordan Hill, but we missed him badly in the 2nd half when Brady kept stepping up in the pocket to make backbreaking plays. We didn't need a JJ Watt or Ndamukong Suh there. All we needed was a DT with some awareness and disengage skills.

I would agree if we were healthy, every one of our DB's was hurt, I think that took away our physical presence, why we played off a lot.

Latest posts