Brutal loss and all, Thanks to the Seahawks for a great year

Hyak

Reaction score
It absolutely sucks that we had that game only to see it get snatched away. I didn't agree with the call at the time and think the run was a better option. Still in shock as I thought the Hawks had it won. I will say that the CB made a great play on the ball.

That said, the Seahawks had a great season that made Sundays fun all year long and it looks like they are well positioned to be contenders for the long haul.

Hindsight is 20/20 but those in-game injuries to Lane and Avril killed us, especially given DT depth was shot by the end of the year. That's the big difference in the two SB's IMO - Last year we had a deadly DL rotation and this year it was good at times but much more like 2012.

Again - sucks knowing they were so close but I am thankful that we have a great team that is committed to winning. Next year let's finish it and win it all again.

Go Hawks!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yup, pretty much sums it up. What can ya do. Can't really fault anyone because they are the same guys who got the team there. I agree with Richard Sherman. It wasn't lost on one play. I was bummed they couldn't take advantage of the opportunities the Defense gave them through the 3rd quarter to put the game away. The offense missed a few opportunities then and let the Patriots stay within 10 points. I knew that wasn't enough because teams like that will have one final run at ya. They did so we gotta credit them for that.

I've decided I'm not going to beat myself up over that last play. Not going to do any good. I'm just glad it's a young team with great potential in the years to come. Hopefully they can get back and win it all again.

seahawks08

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3ibp75cv said:
Yup, pretty much sums it up. What can ya do. Can't really fault anyone because they are the same guys who got the team there. I agree with Richard Sherman. It wasn't lost on one play. I was bummed they couldn't take advantage of the opportunities the Defense gave them through the 3rd quarter to put the game away. The offense missed a few opportunities then and let the Patriots stay within 10 points. I knew that wasn't enough because teams like that will have one final run at ya. They did so we gotta credit them for that.

I've decided I'm not going to beat myself up over that last play. Not going to do any good. I'm just glad it's a young team with great potential in the years to come. Hopefully they can get back and win it all again.

My point precisely.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I will say the turning point IMO was when Kearse dropped that 3rd down pass that would have gained 20 yards or so and put them well into NE territory. They were up 10 at that point.

Soon after, Avril went out and the lack of pass rush from the middle with Bennett back outside was killer.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1slmj7p4 said:
Screw that.

This team blew a sure thing.

Stop with the Pollyanna fan bs.

The fans got screwed.
I can appreciate part of your post and even - to a lesser degree - your frankness. I initially blew a gasket. To say it still stings (and will continue to) would be a monumental understatement. The reason the OP was good is that it came at a time when most will say things they would (or should) regret later. I think that is what the moderators (like Ivotuk) are calling for right now because they have regular jobs and don't want to deal with those launching missiles at fellow .netters

I was thinking about how the players feel vs. how the fans feel. Someone even posted on this (that we should put aside our feelings and consider the players more than ourselves.) I'm not so sure the players feel worse than the fans. I have been a fan since their inception and it's not unreasonable to say I've got just as much if not more invested in this franchise. Coaches and players come and go, but it's the fans. I do think we should (and will) support the team in this time they need the 12's to rise to the occasion. That's what is truly commendable about the #12 being retired for the fans. It's recognized that even though it's the guys on the field, they're not just playing for themselves.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Really tough loss, but it was an unbelievable journey.

We'll be thinking about this one for a while, but dwelling on outcomes is for losers. Carroll is still tops in the NFL IMO, and this core group will be remembered forever and still has much more it will accomplish.

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2d8qwj22 said:

We'll be thinking about this one for a while, but dwelling on outcomes is for losers. Carroll is still tops in the NFL IMO, and this core group will be remembered forever and still has much more it will accomplish.

+1

byau

Reaction score
ivotuk":pizclwwr said:
DavidSeven":pizclwwr said:

+1

++1

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawknballs":240vygyk said:
Screw that.

Yea, I can't get over blowing a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Struggled with it last night and beat myself up this morning with all the rehashing everywhere. Second guessing to death.

Now I'm just grateful for this team and how they brought it this season. Coming together as a TEAM and laying it all out there. Man they were fun to watch.

Go refresh your spirits and mend your wounds guys.
One Mission, One Team.....then unleash that unquenchable fire on the league next season!

*this from a bandwagon fan that arrived when Russell was drafted.*

byau

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2inweg5l said:
Hawknballs":2inweg5l said:
Screw that.

Yea, I can't get over blowing a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter.

Oh yeah.. there's plenty of blame to go around.

That's what makes the OP subject line so appropriate. Brutal loss, and thanks still for a great year

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawknballs":39h05x2j said:
Screw that.

Yup. I'm tired of the sugar coating.

It doesn't matter what happened the rest of the game. They had it right there at the end for the taking.

Great season, but that ending was totally avoidable.