Bevell's explanation of the play call via espn Liz Mathews

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He needs to resign tomorrow. And if not, he should be fired.

No other option

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Unbelievably lame excuse making. You cost the team a ring . You're an idiot. You blew it. Apologize to the organization and fans. You are pathetic Bevell.

kearly

Reaction score
I get Bevell's logic, but I think he's wrong. The ball was snapped with 25 seconds to go. All you need to do is snap the next run with more than about 5 seconds left and you can call a timeout to run on 4th down. Very easy to get 3 runs in that situation.

And if you are going to take a shot in the endzone, it needs to be a safer play that gives Wilson the option to throw it away or scramble.

Mick063

Reaction score
Cripes. They ran 25 seconds off the clock.

Time never entered the equation except for not allowing Brady to have some for a comeback.

HawkEye

Reaction score
So, this was all about the time in the clock??

I can't believe it, be a man and own your mistake.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Carter did a good breakdown how the play was foiled. Kearse gets a bad release and jammed by Browner. This leaves the second DB an avenue to the "spot". Normally he doesn't have a straight path. Russell throws it chest/shoulder high instead of at the belly. Lockette fails to go strong enough to cause an incompletion.

In the end, he said it was still the wrong call for the situation. Too much potential error, etc.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It sounds like he choked. Browner saw us line up and recognized it immediately according to Revis. They new what was coming but at the same time it looked as if our own offense was confused.
Browner was really the one who blew up that play by preventing Kearse from making the pick. It was doubly stupid to run that play against him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":82y1mk2u said:
He needs to resign tomorrow. And if not, he should be fired.

No other option
This X 1000. Don't care what you say or how you say it Darrell, you made one of the worst play calls in the history of the game of football.

There's not an offensive playcaller in Pop Warner, jr. high, high school, college or the pros that makes this call outside of yourself. Buh bye.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't get this. Who cares how much time is on the clock if you score on the pass? It doesn't change how much time is left if they score on the pass or if they score on the run.

The only difference is the run would have scored.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
falcongoggles":24wt7xmh said:
If he was worried about time, then why didn't he run it? This statement makes no sense...at all

Personally, I think he developed tunnel vision in giving time management such a huge trump card. I understand the reasoning, but still disagree with the play call.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
"I'll do Plan A...but they'll be expecting that -- so I'll do Plan B...but they'll expect me to do that, so I'll switch to Plan A...but then they'll know that I know that, so I'll switch back to Plan B..."

Foghawk

Reaction score
I can understand what their thought process was but they were over thinking the situation. They surely had time to run the ball on the last three downs if they had committed to doing so. As soon as Lynch was down at the one yd line after the 1st down run I was yelling for them to quickly line up and give it to him again. Oh well :cry:

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I give up. The cheating Patriots hoist the Lombardi, and Godell will sweep it all under the rug for his buddy Kraft. I'm done.