Does Bevell stay or does he go? (ALL Bevell talk HERE)

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Emotions aside, what do you think Darrell Bevell's future in Seattle is going forward? Does that play call cost Bevell his job, and if he is fired who do you think takes his place?

I personally think that he is not going to fired by Pete, which is very unfortunate.

Mod edit:

Folks, let's use this thread to confine ALL Bevell thoughts.

Thank you!

Go Hawks!!!

vance_jetzt

Reaction score
I think he stays. Even though I don't really care for him I do think that its important that we have consistency in the OC role. I am curious as to how the team will look at him herein.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am hoping that our fans harass and run him out of town.

It wouldn't be like he didn't earn it.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only way I see Pete firing Bevell is if he feels keeping him will lose him the locker room. If players start questioning if they want to play for Bevell, or on the same team as him, going forward then Pete will have no choice but to fire him.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You fire him. Seriously. You. Fire. Him.

Vetamur

Reaction score
He stays. He isnt perfect. No one is. And this loss will lead to some serious discussion time wtih Carroll. But if he was good enough to get us a super bowl win last year, and good enough to get us back this year.....that should say something.

Seahawks need to work on getting the offense the same attitude the defense has..too much feeling the other team out. Dictate what we are going to do. Stop spotting the other team a quarter or a half.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He has to go. I just don't see how you can sell your offensive personnel on this.. when after all the hard work and 20 seconds to go in the game with only one yard to gain.. you run a slant play to a 5th string WR... and ignore the heart and soul of the offense and arguably the team.

They can pretty it up if they want and dub it a "mutual parting of ways" .. but he needs to go. This is irreparable damage.

dradee

Reaction score
Let's hope Bev quits but who else is out there and would work well with Russ? That last play was a perfect storm of getting cute and bad execution. The obvious play was the run but they switched it up then Russ never looked him off, Lockette Didn't break hard enough and the DB read it and made the big play. Game over

NJlargent

Reaction score
You need to send a message to the players, especially Marshawn, that the screw up is recognized. He's too valuable and I think we decline drastically without him.

I am pissed off Bevell has not been fired yet.

A

Anonymous

My wish is to be rid of Bevell...even if it means having a set back season next year while Russ and the rest of the offense gets used to a new system.

In reality I don't think he goes anywhere yet. I don't see Pete getting rid of him.....yet. But one can hope, I guess.

#FireBevell

Seahawk

Reaction score
I say he goes. This last play call is not the reason, it's play calling like this that he has been doing for a while and hasn't figured it out.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Vetamur":2k26how7 said:
He stays. He isnt perfect. No one is.

You're dead to me in terms of being a 12th man as far as I am concerned.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Fire him!
Why can't Cable become the OC?
Let us not forget that it was Bevell who also thought bringing in TJack was a good Idea!
Bevell has proven time and again that sometimes the situations are to big for him.
He thinks he is so clever, smarter than everyone else, and it has cost them more than just this game.
I don't see any other way here.
He did this exact same nonsense while with the Queens in that NFCCG against the Saints!
Fire his ass!

McGruff

Reaction score
vance_jetzt":284esiqe said:
I think he stays. Even though I don't really care for him I do think that its important that we have consistency in the OC role. I am curious as to how the team will look at him herein.

Don't forget two things:

1. Darrell Bevell has been here three years. Russell Wilson has been here three years. Bevell is a QB coach. That's his history. Bevell has played a significant role in WIlson's development. How will Wilson respond to a different OC?

2. WHo else is out there? With all the hirings having been done, the Coordinator cupboard is pretty bare, and even after last night most teams would put Bevell at the top of the list.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Here is how I think it goes down:
Enough players voice their displeasure, and enough of the front office people are sufficiently annoyed with Bevell, so Pete the coach gives his support to Bevell, but Schneider decides he wants Bevell gone and then Pete Carrol THE PRESIDENT decides that he doesn't want to overrule/veto his deputy (schneid) so Bevell is let go by Schneider.

We don't need Bevell to run the read-option. We can do all the GOOD things weve been doing without bevell. By replacing him we are almost guaranteed to get someone who is smarter and doesn't throw Super Bowls away.

Bring in a better WR, improve the OL a little, bring in a KR/PR , and get rid of Bevell, and add a little depth. That would be a fine offseason

original poster

Reaction score
He has to go but I do have a concern about who would be able to replace him.

Will RW gel with the new OC?
Will the rest of the offence respect him?
Will he work well with us?

There are a lot of questions and it certainly isn't as simple as simply firing him and we become a better offence overall.

McGruff

Reaction score
WHo would we replace him with?

Cable? Probably the only choice left, but not one I'd be excited about . . .

cajunhawk

Reaction score
Run him out of town on a rail. Scour the college ranks for anyone that can call a competent game.

strohmin

Reaction score
If he does stay, I hope we harass him to the point where he will never call a stupid play like that ever again in his life. Unfortunately I am more afraid of what the locker room is going to be like.