Drunk 12's Thread Only

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you 12's staying up drowning your sorrows in libations, post your inebriated comments here.

I took Monday off (win or lose) so I am up drowning my sorrows in vino, wishing it was celebratory vino, but it is what it is.

I will start off the buzzy commentary...

-- The Seahawks are 0-2 in home uniforms in the Super Bowl. I literally told my wife days before that I thought that was a bad sign when I realized we would be playing in our home uni's. The ghosts of SBXL* slayed us again.

-- Why does Wilson shower at halftime? Really?

-- What did ADB do after his TD catch that got the 15 yard penalty? They didn't show it on TV.

-- My prime rib and dungeness crab was to die for, thank you for asking.

-- If you are an impartial NFL fan, was this one of the best Super Bowls ever?

-- Matthews may be the ray of light in this game. He didn't look like a "one hit wonder" out there, but a player, at 6'5" with amazing soft hands that could find his way into first string status on this team. Wilson may have just introduced our newest offensive stud for 2015 and beyond.

-- Imagine if our defense was at 100% health, including Mebane. I think it's a different outcome. Injuries played a roll. That's not loser talk, that's the truth.

-- Well, I guess we 12's saved a ton of money, not having to buy SBXLIX champs gear. (sigh)

-- Brady is a douche. He acts all polite and proper in interviews but you see his true colors on the field. Unlike Wilson, he displays a classless air about him, jawing, pointing at the crowd (in the introductions) as if to say "F off Seahawks fans!" (Anyone else notice that?)

-- Speaking of introductions, this year's were LAME!! Even though the Kurt Russell intro from SBXLVIII would be hard to beat, they didn't even bother with any! Cheaters came out to Ozzy's Crazy Train and the Hawks came out to, wait for it...Bittersweet Symphony. YAWN!

-- No wardrobe malfunction from Katy. Dammit.

-- Maybe it's the vino but I am damn proud of my team. A hell of a year. They took it literally to the final play of the Super Bowl against a team that - say what you will about them as cheaters and all that - are damn good too.

-- Bevel can kiss my white, hairy ass and like it.

Whatchoo got?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm going out in style! Turning a new leaf on Tuesday. Losing two year's worth of gluttony. It will be hard at first, but I get into tunnel vision once I get going so I know I will do it. Until then though, gluttony Aros gets to rule the roost!

:thirishdrinkers:

Think how Lynch feels right now! As pissed off as we all are about not handing the rock to Lynch, imagine what he's going through KNOWING he would have sealed the deal for us and our legacy. He would have had 3 chances on the 1 yard line!

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Baldwin pulled a Randy Moss move and mooned the crowd in the end zone.

I didn't know RW showered at halftime, but whatever works, go with it!

I like Matthews - he has made the most of his opportunities the past couple of weeks.

Anyone else notice that Brady is always alone on the sideline? Whenever the Pats do something great or win, he is always celebrating by himself - no high fives or butt pats from teammates. The media will say it's because he's so competitive and he's in his zone, but I think it's because he's a douche and his players don't like him but have to deal with him because he's the QB.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's part of being a young team that bites us in the ass. Sure we celebrate the individuals on this team but it shouldn't come at a cost during a game, and it does, and it's immaturity. Look, ADB is one of my favorite Hawks but in the biggest game, you don't do shit like that that causes your team to take a 15 yard penalty.

Nobody here thinks these are stupid people, but immature at times? Yep.

Now there's two sides to that coin as I was actually hoping Lynch scored the game-winning TD and grabbed his balls in a glorious display of defiance to the league. We were robbed of that epic moment...THANKS OC MAN.

byau

Reaction score
Aros":25s9t02u said:
That's part of being a young team that bites us in the ass. Sure we celebrate the individuals on this team but it shouldn't come at a cost during a game, and it does, and it's immaturity. Look, ADB is one of my favorite Hawks but in the biggest game, you don't do shit like that that causes your team to take a 15 yard penalty.

Nobody here thinks these are stupid people, but immature at times? Yep.

Now there's two sides to that coin as I was actually hoping Lynch scored the game-winning TD and grabbed his balls in a glorious display of defiance to the league. We were robbed of that epic moment...THANKS OC MAN.

I grabbed my crotch when Lynch scored.

No one else I was watching with did ..

Embarassing....

Wish I had the opportunity to do it again.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn, I should have grabbed mine on that TD. Curses!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I told myself today that if they lost.. I would be fine because we won last year and its been a fun ride.

That was until Darrell Bevell made me Gronk spike my plastic cup against the table for the dumbest f'n play call in the history of football. Seriously, you could play Madden and go into the play suggestions and a SLANT OVER THE MIDDLE WILL NOT BE IN THERE.

(This loss is going to hurt for so long)

Tokadub

Reaction score
Aros":3fpjrla0 said:
-- Why does Wilson shower at halftime? Really?

My guess is that it's his way to just relax and stay calm and focused. Drowns out the noise of the halftime show which could be distracting and make the event bigger than it should be for him mentally.

I have never seen Wilson so calmly throw the deep balls throughout an entire game all of them were perfectly placed with incredible touch and arc.

I think Wilson was incredibly calm and poised throughout the game and showering at half time might play some small role keeping him zoned in and mentally analyzing the game. It's too bad Bevell blew it for us because Wilson was playing incredibly well.

Jiggy

Reaction score
Just woke up... still drunk... #$@@!!@@##!@@ Bevell!

Going back to bed.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
i wasnt drunk but how the game ended could lead people to becoming a full blown alcoholic...

kidhawk

Reaction score
I poured a fresh drink at the 2 minute warning. After the interception then Bennett's offsides, I turned off the tv and dumped the drink. Doing that is probably the only way I kept some semblance of sanity last night and made it to work today

As for the OP's points. I pretty much agree with all of them. I think Matthews has a shot to give us what Sidney Rice used to give us. That big receiver that Russell can often throw to even when he seems covered. I look forward to that next year.

Even with several of our defense out (including Lane early) and Mebane and Hill, I still think we were the best team in football. Give us a healthy squad next year and I see more good things in our future.

I was saddened at the introductions this year, so I pulled up ours from last year and played it for everyone at my house before kickoff. That one still works very well.