Anyone still annoyed at the non tripping call?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Cheats gonna cheat.

Still think this was huge and yet noone is talking about it. Of course Butler will be remembered for other things but to me it completely sums up the Pats and the asterisk next to this win (with all the other cheating they have done).

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3migvt04 said:
Cheats gonna cheat.

Still think this was huge and yet noone is talking about it. Of course Butler will be remembered for other things but to me it completely sums up the Pats and the asterisk next to this win (with all the other cheating they have done).

Empty narrative. Bottom line is we feed the beast we win. I do agree that was a horrible non-call..

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah it was bullshit. So was Earl's late hit penalty. Neither are the reason we lost but they were both critical moments.

Brithawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1n0kc1jr said:
Cheats gonna cheat.

In the end it didn't matter, yes it was bullshit but we had our chance to win, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Are you equally annoyed in the missed roughing the kicker?

Officiating was about as legit as it gets. Good, bad and missed calls both ways. That's about all you can ask for.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
akscoundrel":3hszvqku said:

Officiating was about as legit as it gets. Good, bad and missed calls both ways. That's about all you can ask for.

The roughing the kicker was a player trying to make a play and his momentum taking him to the kicker, completely different to a player deliberately cheating to avoid an opposition player making an important play at ridiculously important stage of the game.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":315pjipg said:
akscoundrel":315pjipg said:

The roughing the kicker was a player trying to make a play and his momentum taking him to the kicker, completely different to a player deliberately cheating to avoid an opposition player making an important play at ridiculously important stage of the game.

The difference doesn't matter, the bottom line is it was a big missed call. Both of them.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Daytomann":3qbwlrbj said:
Nope, I'm "annoyed" that we didn't give it to lynch on 2nd and Goal!!!

Hell to the yes. We have the most tenacious back this league has seen since Jim Brown and Bevell calls a stretch play on the ONE YARD LINE. 3:40 in the morning and I can't sleep...

bostonhardo

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":26dnxckw said:
Cheats gonna cheat.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
i'm more annoyed that on that play that i watched a play design by bevell which had look wilson stand on the outside shoulder of okung not block anyone and not run a pass route he just bent his knees and stood there.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":309vrpc1 said:
Yeah it was bullshit. So was Earl's late hit penalty. Neither are the reason we lost but they were both critical moments.
There are many reasons we didn't pull it off; these are two. Straight-up reffing would have been nice, but ultimately a minor part of the story.

Hyak

Reaction score
There were a couple of missed calls on both sides but overall officiating wasn't the reason for the outcome.

The Hawks had them on the ropes in the 3rd quarter and couldn't put them away - i.e. 3 and out and the drive ended with the Kearse drop.

Add in the injuries to Lane and Avril that really bit them in the 4th.

And obviously the questionable play call/play execution on the INT.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
You were not going to get the calls going up against Kraft's gang of malcontents. Even still...the calls were not that bad. They did what they had to do to win...except have a competent play caller who tries to out think himself to the detriment of the offensive output.

wizard1183

Reaction score
cajunhawk":1b2ll6pd said:
You were not going to get the calls going up against Kraft's gang of malcontents. Even still...the calls were not that bad. They did what they had to do to win...except have a competent play caller who tries to out think himself to the detriment of the offensive output.

Maybe true, I agree, calls or non-calls were not that bad. Came down to trying to make the QB the star of the game rather than its successor.

Btw, I thought Atlanta had the worst fancies ever. Louisiana? I seriously doubt thats the worst fan base. At least not towards the Saints it's not. I could throw Philly up there on the list as well...

bostonhardo

Reaction score
wizard1183":225go5cq said:
cajunhawk":225go5cq said:

Maybe true, I agree, calls or non-calls were not that bad. Came down to trying to make the QB the star of the game rather than its successor.

Btw, I thought Atlanta had the worst fancies ever. Louisiana? I seriously doubt thats the worst fan base. At least not towards the Saints it's not. I could throw Philly up there on the list as well...

Pat's fan says Philly no doubt.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
getnasty":1qxqbqsn said:
We lost, cant blame anyone but ourselves.
I have no problem with this. Its just the whole tripping incident is symptomatic of the Pats ethos of cheat first and hope for the best.

Not even that salty it didnt get called. Would just like it to be registered and commented on accordingly as what the Pats stand for.

ManBunts

Reaction score
The tripping should've been a PI. Earl's phantom personal foul that gave them a first down instead of a third was insane. I realize a lot of people say these two things don't change the fact that Bevell made a crap call, but if these calls hadn't been made, we wouldn't have been in this situation maybe.

Also, anyone else see how the Pats may have violated concussion protocol by not checking Amendola out when the league doctor called down? And then he scores the go ahead TD?
http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2015/02 ... ayed-game/

cajunhawk

Reaction score
wizard1183":37944mt4 said:
cajunhawk":37944mt4 said:

Trust me...Louisiana is about as fickle as it gets. The only thing they chase is a winner. I have lived here all my life.