Malcolm Butler knew we were throwing and practiced for it...

Tokadub

Reaction score
Malcolm Butler (game winning interception) is on Mike and Mike right now and he just said that he was expecting the throw because genius boy Bevell threw in 3 wide receivers on 4th and 1...

He also said that they practiced that specific play and that he got beat in practice and Belichick told him specifically "you have to make that play and close on the ball". He knew it was a pick play before it even happened and was wondering why we didn't run it...

:pukeface:

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I'm becoming less less pissed about not running and more and more pissed about the actual pass play. No play action? A slant route to the middle of the field to the WR with the worst hands on your team. Unbelievable! Even if the guy doesn't make a great play, the possibility that it bounces off of Lockette's hands and gets picked off is huge. (Like the play to Lynch at. Carolina)

Totally ridiculous.

Bux005

Reaction score
How ridiculous is it that we run the dumbest play in nfl history and the other team knew that we were going to run the dumbest play in nfl history? Darrell bevell, you just got outsmarted by....brandon browner. You could not get an oc job with any other nfl team right now, and that says a lot. You not taking responsibility for the play call is exactly what makes you a poor coordinator. I never thought we would be rid of you but it looks pretty good now. So we got that going for us, which is nice. I don't post often so hopefully I leave it at that. I will try not to say worse. Go Hawks

Bevs, your ego and guilt are showing
Insert Tombstone 'Well...Bye' clip.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Browner new because he practiced against it! browner made the play by stopping the pick.

Bux005

Reaction score
Exactly. That the play was that predictable by a former player is mind-blowing. I think even huge Browner fans would say he's not the sharpest. A great player but his drug tests proved that to me. But anyway, getting off-topic. Trying to make a statement on bevell, not browner. Browner deserves a ton of credit for that win. We will only have more players who go to other teams.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Using an empty set when we should be running the ball has been a criticism of Bevell for a long time now. He never learned. He hasn't learned now. And he's not going to learn.