What will assuage the grief for you?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Aside from Bevell being fired (plenty of threads on that), what will it take for you?

I'm hoping we get some fast extensions done for Russ, Marshawn and Bobby. I think I'd feel instantly better about everything.

JR Sweezy extension would help too, thought he looked solid for the most-part yesterday, and is the most reliable guy on that O-line. As a side note, I thought our O-line as a whole had one of their better games. Loved seeing Carp maul his man without his helmet on too, that was gritty.

Not sure how I feel about tendering Kearse. It's kind of disappointing that he appears to be so indispensable. I love his big play ability, but he had another drop yesterday, and even if it was a little tough, he had it in his hands and it ultimately proved costly.

Getting Williams back on a lower one year deal would be cool too, that guy needs a ring.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I agree with securing Bobby, Marshawn and Russell and even Sweezy. However some tough calls are in order as far as players go and dare I say even tougher ones for the coaching staff. Aside from Sweezy and Britt I can't really see the rest of the OL being anything but expendable if the situation warrants though.

But honestly health was our biggest issue down the stretch. We lost our #1 and #2 TE's before the season was a quarter over, perhaps permanently? Our interior DL was decimated the last quarter of the season. 3/4 of the LOB are likely going to need surgery or major rehab before camp. I know its a lot to wish for, but if we had a Healthy squad going into the playoffs, no one could stand with us. To answer your primary question, I simply hope our core group heals well in the off season.

The one area of our game I personally hope we can remedy next season is on ST. We have completely lost our return game in the past two years. Leon Washington,Tate, and even Harvin were all guys to be feared in that respect. Losing guys like Farwell and Maragos has just exacerbated the issue.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Keep the core. Find a way to get everyone healthy for the majority of next year and into the playoffs. Fix the O-Line. and find RW some damn weapons.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
a number one receiver...kearse for all he has done is at certain moments is nothing more than a depth receiver. if he is still around next year it better be a cheap deal.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Nothing short of a public apology by Bevell, followed by signing Lynch to a 3-year deal TODAY will assuage this loss.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Give me MORE TALENT. Always compete.
Our running game is tops but can't seem to stomp out teams. Our passing offense can't continue to rely on miracle plays. We need better receivers.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Hate sex with Giselle.

I woke up like it was a dream. I'm still in disbelief.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Back to back superbowl wins was within grasp. Im gonna submerse myself in work and im booking a trip to south africa for 2 weeks

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1ovcp2p7 said:
Aside from Bevell being fired (plenty of threads on that), what will it take for you?

I'm hoping we get some fast extensions done for Russ, Marshawn and Bobby. I think I'd feel instantly better about everything.

JR Sweezy extension would help too, thought he looked solid for the most-part yesterday, and is the most reliable guy on that O-line. As a side note, I thought our O-line as a whole had one of their better games. Loved seeing Carp maul his man without his helmet on too, that was gritty.

Not sure how I feel about tendering Kearse. It's kind of disappointing that he appears to be so indispensable. I love his big play ability, but he had another drop yesterday, and even if it was a little tough, he had it in his hands and it ultimately proved costly.

Getting Williams back on a lower one year deal would be cool too, that guy needs a ring.

Yeah, Kearse is kind of like the Jordan Babineaux of WRs. He comes through on spectacular plays, but can't seem to keep concentration for the more mundane, bread and butter plays. His catching radius is not-so-great either. I'd much rather have a reliable set of hands. One big EZ target would with good hands would replace him easily.

I would hate to lose Sweezy just as he's coming into his own as a ZBS beast and is starting to mind meld with Britt. Our RH OL can beat up on people in a number of ways. Hopefully they will find a way to keep him, but Wagz and especially Wilson are a must extend.

I dunno how much longer Williams wants to stick around, but it would be nice to keep him for the rotation. My fingers are crossed that Bane is back at full strength by TC.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Russell needs receivers, we need db depth and re-sign Lynch. Maybe send him a fruit basket.

But that will never reduce the pain I felt yesterday and for the rest of my life.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":383hzryo said:
Give me MORE TALENT. Always compete.
Our running game is tops but can't seem to stomp out teams. Our passing offense can't continue to rely on miracle plays. We need better receivers.

This conjures memories of RW at the Pro Bowl. He must have been in heaven with those receivers. GAWD was he tearing it up! :0190l:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Keeping Matthews and making him one of the starters- That fixes one of our problems at wr ..Extend the key guys that got us to the last 2 Super Bowls..Draft wisely we have a bunch of picks coming so lets fix the depth problems with quality
guys that can be starters in future..Simon may be a guy that isn't a good example of what I mean..As Evil said above "health" that was our biggest foe this year..I dunno how you can prevent injuries better but it kills me to think how that game goes if we had Hill or Mebane and a healthy LOB back there.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Only time will heal this for me. After another emotional game, for it to all unravel on one play is certainly a hard pill to swallow. Although I think throwing it in that situation was a good call, the play call was wrong. I would have rather seen a bootleg fade route to Mathews, or Willson. At least run something play action to give Russ a chance to make a play, or throw it away. Running the ball from that spot is what the Patriots were expecting, and who knows, maybe Marshawn gets in, maybe he doesn't. The choice of not to run it reminds me of the NFCCG last year, when Marshawn fumbled in the same situation.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1zh1d353 said:
Keeping Matthews and making him one of the starters- That fixes one of our problems at wr ..Extend the key guys that got us to the last 2 Super Bowls..Draft wisely we have a bunch of picks coming so lets fix the depth problems with quality
guys that can be starters in future..Simon may be a guy that isn't a good example of what I mean..As Evil said above "health" that was our biggest foe this year..I dunno how you can prevent injuries better but it kills me to think how that game goes if we had Hill or Mebane and a healthy LOB back there.

The problem with Matthews is that we dont know if he can perform when the defense is expecting him. I have a feeling we caught lightning in a bottle yesterday.

I wish this was all just a dream. :34853_doh:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
A true #1 receiver, a Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson type. Sorry Baldwin, but you guys just couldn't get open Sunday, and Russ clearly doesn't trust you with contested balls. We need a guy Russ can just wing it to and trust to pull it down in tight windows and tight games like that.

And because we won't have much money going forward, we'll need to gamble on one (preferably two) in the draft.

bandiger

Reaction score
We still have Wilson and Lynch but yeah Bevell is a big downer next year and no Quinn to boot.